PDA

View Full Version : Book Title??????

porshiepoo
06-Jul-06, 15:04
I'm trying to find A book I read many years ago but I can't remember the name or the author, has anyone read it?
From what I remember it it was to do with these eely things. The characters in the book would go and fight these eely things in their sleep as part of a ...hmm ....something or other, anyway if they die in their sleep then they're dead for real. The opening scene was something to do with one of these eely things being found on the beach.
Remote chance of someone knowing what the hang I'm going on about but you never know.
It was an adult book so it was quite graffic and gory. I can even picture the jacket cover - had the eely things on it - but can't remember the name and it's bugging me cos I want to get it to take on holiday with me.

Ricco
06-Jul-06, 16:00
Ahh, Porshiepoo. Do you mean that one where the battles take place on another planet or something? Bit like the Matrix concept - human lies on bed thingey and dons helmet. Then whilst 'under' they fight these creatures, but if they lose they can't get back into real life?

katarina
06-Jul-06, 17:59
I think i read something years ago where the protagonists did battle on the astral plane, and if they were killed, they then could not reconnect with their bodies, so died in real life. Can't remember if it was about eely things or not, but it was by Dennis Wheatly.

Sporran
06-Jul-06, 19:22
Porshie, do a Google search on the bibliographies of Dennis Wheatley and Stephen King. I did that, and came up not only with their book titles, but also photos of their paperback edition covers.

porshiepoo
06-Jul-06, 19:59
Just had a pm from Acer - thank you, the book is called 'Night Warriors'.
Read it it's great!

Sporran
06-Jul-06, 20:07
Who's the author, porshie?

katarina
06-Jul-06, 20:15
is it by Run Ishida? if so there seems to be a series of them.

porshiepoo
06-Jul-06, 20:25
Graham Masterton is the author.

connieb19
06-Jul-06, 20:27
Graham Masterton is the author.Have you looked on Amazon?

porshiepoo
06-Jul-06, 20:30
Just about to. Gonna get my copy for the hols - it's the only kind of read that I can guarantee the hubby and the kids won't nick. lol ;)

exothermic
06-Jul-06, 21:22
Try this web site for a price check. Amazon can sometimes work out very expensive or you go and spend the extra just to get the free delivery !

http://www.best-book-price.co.uk

I've had some really good deals and great service from www.dvd.co.uk and I do mean books as well as dvds etc.

Have a great holiday with your eely thingies!

scorrie
06-Jul-06, 21:35
There are a couple on eBay for a pound or two, not quite mint. One person managed to snag a copy for 1p as I saw in the completed auctions!! Can't be bad for a penny!!