PDA

View Full Version : Freeview box

Liz
06-Jul-06, 15:04
At present I have an Humax F2-1001T and am delighted with it.

However, I cannot record onto my DVDRecorder from it due to a copyright problem.

Humax said they would take the box back to try it with a DVD Recorder but I can't do without Freeview!!!

So they suggested I get their F2-FoxT as I would be able to record from it.

However, I have read quite a few bad reviews on it and it seems the main problem with it is freezing.

I really wanted to stay with Humax as the picture I get with my present one is brilliant and I'm afraid I may not get such a good picture with another box.

Do any of you have the Fox-2T? If so, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know what you think of it.

Thanks!

Ricco
06-Jul-06, 16:02

However, I cannot record onto my DVDRecorder from it due to a copyright problem.

Humax said they would take the box back to try it with a DVD Recorder but I can't do without Freeview!!!

However, I have read quite a few bad reviews on it and it seems the main problem with it is freezing.

I really wanted to stay with Humax as the picture I get with my present one is brilliant and I'm afraid I may not get such a good picture with another box.

Do any of you have the Fox-2T? If so, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know what you think of it.

Thanks!

F2 - FoxT> Hmm, that must be what I have - been freezing up a lot lately. You may be able to record if you cable it up as if it were a VCR. If you still have trouble I can ask my bro as he works in the trade.

Liz
06-Jul-06, 18:01
Thanks Ricco!

I'd be ever so grateful if you could ask your brother as I have eyeache :eek: with searching through the internet for reviews on Freeview boxes.

Is there any which don't have problems?!!!!!:(

The only thing which stops me recording onto my DVD Recorder ( I can record onto my VCR no prob!) is this copyright problem which I can't rectify!!!

Ricco
06-Jul-06, 18:12
I'll get in touch with him when I get home tonight - late parents' evening tonight.

Thanks Ricco!

I'd be ever so grateful if you could ask your brother as I have eyeache :eek: with searching through the internet for reviews on Freeview boxes.

Is there any which don't have problems?!!!!!:(

The only thing which stops me recording onto my DVD Recorder ( I can record onto my VCR no prob!) is this copyright problem which I can't rectify!!!

EDDIE
06-Jul-06, 18:15
THe worst thing with freeview you have to have really good reception or it will freeze up from time to time.I f your thinking of buying another box you can buy dvd recorders now with freeview built in there about £160 for that or you can buy these digital recorders which tape only to hardrive and is freeview and u can get them for about £90
But you have to have really good reception.Maplin electronics sell a satelite with reciever which gives you all the freeview channels and some other ones as well and whats good about the satelite once its installed your picture is perfect all the time and the channels are free and im sure its about £90 for that as well its worth looking at.

pultneytooner
06-Jul-06, 19:18

Thanks! As far as I can see the f2-fox t is still a humax freeview box, just another model.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/title_f2foxt.gif

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/products_pf2-foxt.jpg

Liz
07-Jul-06, 13:05
Thanks guys!

I already have a DVD Recorder and it won't record from my Freeview box.

Eddie I do have a good reception just now (signal quality 100%) although I like the sound of the satellite dish but who would install this for me?

Pultneytooner the Fox2-T is another Humax but for some reason it has had quite a few bad 'reviews' which is a shame as the Humax I have just now is great and has only had a few minor 'glitches'.

I'm getting really fed up . All I want to do is watch tele!!!!:~(