PDA

View Full Version : The Station Hotel - Burger Failure

Olin
09-Aug-10, 17:53
Last night my friend had some vouchers to use in the Station Hotel for dinner to the value of £50 so he decided to take myself and another mate out to see what like the food was as we'd never eaten there. It wasn't a date before anyone says it.

One of us ordered a Cheese Burger which cost £9.50. At this price we didn't know what to expect. Probably a wee bit of cheese. Possible some lettuce or a slice of tomato or indeed the favoured onions. A drop of relish was also expected and most of all a decent sized Burger. Or at least a small burger. Or at least some meat that could be seen without having to literally search for it.

Instead a pile of onions with a load of melted cheese and a bowl of relish that was literally bigger than the burger.

We were talking about it before it arrived wondering if the station was one of those places that prefers to give quality and presentation over quantity which would have been acceptable. Instead the burger as seen in the picture below was served to our table.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs123.ash2/39488_10150246370460626_546865625_14180129_2859390 _n.jpg

The term "fail" comes to mind.

The other meals were fine but this was a complete shambles!!!

When we asked who was the chef we were told it was "Polish Luke."

I admire that he has a first name that is also the name of a product you use when dusting however I most certainly do not admire his Burger skills.

That is all!

Invisible
09-Aug-10, 18:41
thanks you have just put me of my dinner:lol:

unicorn
09-Aug-10, 19:09
Oh my :eek:
I have to say without the pic I would never have believed you [lol]
£9.50 for a burger :eek:

shamrock2007
09-Aug-10, 20:38
Can't believe they charged £9.50 for that! Its an embarrasment!

bettedaviseyes
09-Aug-10, 21:56
oh my lord am an chef and i think thats's a disgrace them even giving that to you no way would i give that to anyone and at that price too the blooming cheek.

*Martin*
10-Aug-10, 00:19
Jesus that's awful!

Looks like he had a Big Mac for lunch then regurgitated it between two buns!

Even Sandra's does a better attemp at a burger!

What did they say when you complained?

Scunner
10-Aug-10, 00:36
Posh Bar, Scrabster - lasagne on menu - arrived in a little square dish, lot of fat floating around, salad was a lettuce leaf with a quarter of a tomato and 2 onion rings. Chips had been cooked earlier. Waited for half an hour after the order was taken - what a let down, never again.

catherine nicol
10-Aug-10, 13:12
OMG Olin, hope that you let the owner know how disappointed you were. And more importantly I hope that the owner was sympathetic and suitably embarrassed and offered a reduction on your bill.

I haven't been there for an evening meal for a few years following a disappointment I had one Saturday lunch time.

We were turned away when we went for lunch, the owner said that he didn't serve lunches as the cost of the utilities were so high it wasn't worth his while paying for electricity and gas etc for the small number of meals he ended up serving.

Maybe the high utility costs are having an impact on the quantity of food he can afford to supply in the evenings now too.

What a shame, we used to love eating there in the evenings. Food and service were excellent any time that we ate there.

upolian
10-Aug-10, 13:53
Shocking!!!

Scunner
10-Aug-10, 16:32
I did complain to the waitress, but she said they were busy 'upstairs'

upolian
10-Aug-10, 16:58

Poor excuse that:roll:shocking!

ShelleyCowie
10-Aug-10, 17:06
Pmsl! Thats the sadest looking burger i have seen in my life! And being "busy" is NO excuse for a business!

Crivens, i was thinking of going there for a meal at some point soon too. Wont be going :D Cheers!

Hoida
10-Aug-10, 17:45
That is awful, they certainly know how to charge. Had a burger in Bistro recently and it was huge and first class, Is the Staion still under the same management?haven't been there for a couple of years but it used to be good.:(:(

*Martin*
10-Aug-10, 22:55

You think after serving you a burger like that they'd offer to let you go watch for free!

Scarybiscuits03
10-Aug-10, 23:29
Disgraceful - I would have expected better outta a fast food outlet - and certainly wouldn't have paid that price unless it came with another meal on the side!....but there is a lesson to be learnt - dont go to a restaurant and ask for a burger, I mean, why pay over the odds when u can pick one up anywhere?!!

miss swanson
11-Aug-10, 13:52
can safely say my mum isnt the chef there anymore haha heard they were goin down hill but didnt realise it was that bad

jamie123
11-Aug-10, 15:36
Im a chef my self and my 5 year old son could do a better job

KapitanBomba
11-Aug-10, 23:15
Hi Colin,
I never cooked or send burger which you had for dinner. That was one of kitchen staff. I have been working for my reputation long enough cos people like you think that Scottish people are better like Polish. But true is that most of as are hard workers. So please don`t blame me for something which I never done. And the waitress never did complain to kitchen staff, I find it from web. If I will be heard about that I`m sure problem will be solved. Next time make sure you blame right person. LUKE

cat2411
11-Aug-10, 23:26
Going by Luke's response, its better to ask for the chef to come to the table to get answers re your food, rather than asking for the management in the station. That way there is no confusion on who created your masterpiece!

Olin
12-Aug-10, 07:20
Hi Colin,
I never cooked or send burger which you had for dinner. That was one of kitchen staff. I have been working for my reputation long enough cos people like you think that Scottish people are better like Polish. But true is that most of as are hard workers. So please don`t blame me for something which I never done. And the waitress never did complain to kitchen staff, I find it from web. If I will be heard about that I`m sure problem will be solved. Next time make sure you blame right person. LUKE

I am merely going by what the waitress told us "LUKE" when we asked who the chef was. I think it would be sad if you had indeed been working for your reputation for long enough to have it brought down by too much cheese and not enough meat....

I never said anything about Scottish people being better than Polish or anything. We asked the waitress and she said "Luke, Polish Luke" as if we were meant to know who you were. I am sorry but that is the truth.

If you aren't happy you can "burger off" :)