PDA

View Full Version : Early opening petrol station

Ricanna
08-Aug-10, 19:56
Have come out of the town without refueling for a trip to Inverness tomorrow. Excluding Thurso and Wick does anyone know the nearest early opening petrol station between here and Inverness. Less than 1/4 full in a gas guzzler and leaving at 6.00am

Mik.M.
08-Aug-10, 20:16
I`m sure Tesco is 24 hr for card payments at the pumps,get their number and call them.It`s got to be worth a try. Mik.

Ricanna
08-Aug-10, 20:19
Thanks but was hoping to avoid having to go there as on the Thurso side but may have to!

Iffy
08-Aug-10, 20:23
Would Sutherlands Garage on the left-hand side in Brora (along the main long stretch) be of any help to you? It opens at 8.00am and would be (roughly) about 1 and 1/2 hours from Thurso

- all depending though on how heavy your boots are LOL !!:lol:

Ricanna
08-Aug-10, 20:26
Yes I was thinking I will have to pray I can get to there as I couldn't think of anywhere between unless Helmsdale have somewhere. There is always Portgower but we better not go there

Iffy
08-Aug-10, 20:29
If this is any more help for you; you could maybe gauge the miles per gallon your car does then, Brora is exactly 50 miles from Wick ?

harrbound
08-Aug-10, 20:29
Gleaner in Tain opens at 7am (or at least it used to). Thats the one the south end of town not the one by Lidl.
Failing that Skiach services may be 24hr. I filled up there after 11pm in the week so I'm thinking its 24hr.

DeHaviLand
08-Aug-10, 20:44
I'd recommend Tesco, Brora is your nearest filling station once you leave Thurso. Helmsdale garage shut down about 3 years ago!

Swannie
08-Aug-10, 21:15
I'm sure Spittal garage will be open at least by 8 am if you coming from Thurso area.

Ricanna
09-Aug-10, 17:49
Thanks for all the replies and advice. Ended up borrowing my mum's car which itself was a bit short on petrol--nowhere open before 8.00am until I got to the Gleaner one near the Dornoch turn off with the cafe next door to it ---about 7.45, so all was well.

Ps No-one spotted in Portgower as I passed through both ways but there was one reekin lumb