PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy

pegasus
08-Aug-10, 16:13
A groom acidently killed his father and two aunts firing a gun in celebaration at his weding.

Lost for words here. :~(

http://www.smh.com.au/world/groom-accidentally-kills-three-at-wedding-20100809-11qlq.html

orkneycadian
08-Aug-10, 16:19
Thats what you get I guess for bringing an AK-47 assault rifle to your own wedding!

If folk are going to be that stupid, then its up to them to deal with the consequences.

Corrie 3
08-Aug-10, 16:29
Oh Pegasus, it wasnt one of Walters Mitty's son's was it???..;)

I am definately staying single after reading that story...:eek::eek:

upolian
08-Aug-10, 19:11
Fire a gun in celebration is stupid enough for a wedding,never mind using an AK-47!!!

ducati
08-Aug-10, 22:20
Darwen award candidate

Invisible
08-Aug-10, 22:23
They couldnt have done this wedding instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XhIi41UJM&feature=av2n

pegasus
09-Aug-10, 00:13
Oh Pegasus, it wasnt one of Walters Mitty's son's was it???..;)

I am definately staying single after reading that story...:eek::eek:
hahaha. just seen this Corrie3

but i cant answre youre question aboyt the nitwitmits cos thats to personnel

Dadie
09-Aug-10, 20:17
The darwin award is only for accidental death of yourself by really stupid acts (suicide by stupidity)...dont think killing your wedding party counts..:(

ducati
10-Aug-10, 08:07
The darwin award is only for accidental death of yourself by really stupid acts (suicide by stupidity)...dont think killing your wedding party counts..:(

Give him time! [lol]

The Angel Of Death
10-Aug-10, 08:56
Am i the only one thinking he should have tried for the mother in law take her out early would solve a lot of problems ;)

pegasus
10-Aug-10, 13:14

You are quic of the mark Dadie.
A very good point! :)

Am i the only one thinking he should have tried for the mother in law take her out early would solve a lot of problems ;)

hahaha. very non pc! Go straihgtht to the gulag

pegasus
10-Aug-10, 18:45
Thats what you get I guess for bringing an AK-47 assault rifle to your own wedding!

If folk are going to be that stupid, then its up to them to deal with the consequences.

Imposible to fully understand how the groom must be feling right now.
Firing guns for clebrations has been passed on from father to son for generations over there

I agree firing a AK-47 in public was very foolish some have in the past brought assualt rifles rocket launchers ant aircraft markes and grenade launchers! :roll:

bit more dangerus than confeti i suppose

cherokee
10-Aug-10, 19:00
I don't find this funny at all [evil]

I can quite realise the severity of such actions are tantamount to stupidity, but at the end of the day, people, obviously very close to the bride/groom, have lost their lives..... as OP said initially its a "Tragedy" !

Thinking of the poor families who are now in mourning......:(

scorrie
10-Aug-10, 20:12

I can quite realise the severity of such actions are tantamount to stupidity, but at the end of the day, people, obviously very close to the bride/groom, have lost their lives..... as OP said initially its a "Tragedy" !

Life is full of situations where some people laugh and others don't think it appropriate. At the end of the day there are millions of people in the world far more in need of our sympathy than a clown with an AK-47 at a wedding. Sometimes the darkest backdrops provide comic relief for some, while others can only wring their hands in worry for people they have never met and know nothing about. The faux grief seen at funerals of people such as Lady Diana turn my stomach, whilst far more deserving cases, often ones we can actually do something about, go on all around us and are ignored with casual indifference.

A man told me that the Jam song Eton Rifles was playing when the gun went off. I doubt that is true but it would have been ironic. Perhaps Lynyrd Skynyrd were next up with Gimme Back My Bullets, to be followed by Automatic from the Pointer Sisters and AK Breaky Heart by Billy-Ray Cyrus. A knees up to Roll Out The Barrel would have topped off a ghoulish coincidence that would certainly offend somebody, somewhere but might give a grin to some poor soul who will just have to learn to live with the guilt of invoking the wrath of the Laughter Police.

Corrie 3
10-Aug-10, 20:44

Wedding and a funeral all rolled into one?...Now that saves a bob or two doesnt it???
:eek:

pegasus
12-Aug-10, 18:13
[evil]

Eight other members of the mariage party were injured.

Wonder if the groom is still cooling his heels in prison.

Goes without saying that his elation turned to misetry.

scorrie
12-Aug-10, 19:51
Eight other members of the mariage party were injured.

Wonder if the groom is still cooling his heels in prison.

Goes without saying that his elation turned to misetry.

And, meanwhile, in Pakistan:-

"The government has been sharply criticized for a slow and patchy response to the floods, which has killed 1,500 people left and left an estimated 7 million people needing emergency assistance, their homes destroyed, damaged or inundated with muddy water and unlivable."

Goes unmentioned.

cherokee
12-Aug-10, 20:13
GOOD GRIEF - (sorry to be shouting !)

At the end of the day (yes, a lovely wedding day!!:eek:) people have lost their lives................ Mmmmmmmmmm...... so WHAT is the CONSEQUENCE of this "tra
gedy" ... a bride and groom have lost their loved ones on the MOST SPECIAL DAY OF THIER LIVES !!!!

How about a wee bit o' thought for them ..........

scorrie
12-Aug-10, 22:28
a bride and groom have lost their loved ones on the MOST SPECIAL DAY OF THIER LIVES !!!!

How about a wee bit o' thought for them ..........

As you read this, a child in South Africa is being raped by their own Father. I would rather my thought was with them, rather than some pap with a machine gun at his wedding.

Bazeye
12-Aug-10, 22:53
And to think, in this country some councils fine you for throwing confetti.:roll:

Nacho
12-Aug-10, 23:18
it'd usually be tv footage/newsreel of folk in middle eastern countries shooting their ak47s UP into the air that would leave my scientific/physics inept brain contemplating the eventual landing place of these bullets

then earlier this year we had this story ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1240433/Boy-killed-bullet-fired-2-miles-away.html

seems the celebrant who fired the gun understood about as much as me about what goes up must come down.

poor wee lad :(

pegasus
13-Aug-10, 14:57
it'd usually be tv footage/newsreel of folk in middle eastern countries shooting their ak47s UP into the air that would leave my scientific/physics inept brain contemplating the eventual landing place of these bullets

then earlier this year we had this story ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1240433/Boy-killed-bullet-fired-2-miles-away.html

seems the celebrant who fired the gun understood about as much as me about what goes up must come down.

poor wee lad :(

Seems that bulets fired into the air maintain there lethal capabality when they eventualy fall back down.

iThe bullet will maintain its spin and reach a high enouh speed too be lethal on impact.

This is why firing into the air is ilegal.

So verysad for his mother.
He was her only child.
Future hope and joy gone in an instant. :~(