PDA

View Full Version : Topiary Inspirations

Errogie
05-Jul-06, 22:06
I've just got around to trimming a section of beech hedge in the garden which had reached about six feet in height.
Started of fairly haphazardly but then got carried away and created something which I think looks like, or with some more judicious trimming is going to look like a cockerel.

Feeling rather chuffed at this effort and with the creative juices still flowing and another 12 feet of hedge what on earth do I do next? Now there are no neighbours who overlook the place just the usual croft detritus lying around including a scarecrow I put on a bike a few years ago so it's not anything like a suburban situation.

Does anyone have any suggestions, so long as they're not indecent or liable to frighten small children or horses I'm up for any interesting design or depiction within reason. And don't have anything more than your usual hand clippers for sculpting. Over to you Orgers!

katarina
05-Jul-06, 22:09
Having met you, with your twinkling eyes, I would say - why not the loch ness monster?

connieb19
05-Jul-06, 22:31
Having met you, with your twinkling eyes, I would say - why not the loch ness monster?Good idea, but Errogie dosn't believe in Nessie..:confused

willowbankbear
05-Jul-06, 22:40
If yer feeling rather arty Errogie have an attempt at an Aeroplane or a Helicopter. Then stick a pic on the photography thread so that we can see the finished product, Im well convinced that you are more than capable of either feat:D

katarina
05-Jul-06, 22:46
Good idea, but Errogie dosn't believe in Nessie..:confused

Awe come on errogie, use a bit of imagination - I've been at the wine and am in a maudlin mood.....

Errogie
06-Jul-06, 22:28
Katerina, why didn't I think of that before it's so obvious.

I know I voiced some doubt about the existence of the said monster but I'm quite prepared to compromise my disbeliefs in the interests of artistic expression. I can already see Nessie cavorting along the top of the hedge in pursuit of the cockerel or perhaps we can turn it into a hapless duck or swan trying to escape the gaping jaws and there's another idea I may have enough space for a triangular fin taking up the rear.

Can't wait to get the clippers going this weekend to see how it all turns out. Will try and get a pic of the completed tableau if it becomes anything like I'm beginning to envisage. Thanks for the advice.