PDA

View Full Version : English Confidence, you've got to admire it?

scorrie
05-Jul-06, 21:16
40 years without a trophy. Out of the World Cup like a soggy More Store firework with no touchpaper. £20 Million trousered by Urine Eriksson for Hee Haw.

Out comes the betting for Euro 2008 and guess who are favourites? Italy? NO. France? NO. Germany? NO. Holland? Err NO.

Step forward England at 9/2 FAVOURITES for Euro 2008. Sweet Cheeses, what an attractive bet that is.

Supreme confidence that football is "coming home" yet again. At this rate they will need to push the Lightning Seeds out on a zimmer frame to perform the song yet again, with the lyric amended to read "42 years of hurt". Doesn't quite trip off the tongue so easily, does it?

pultneytooner
05-Jul-06, 21:34
Step forward England at 9/2 FAVOURITES for Euro 2008.

Unbelievable arrogance.....http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/rofl.gif

willowbankbear
05-Jul-06, 21:35
On paper they shouldve been playing on Sunday night against Brazil, but thats football, they arent! If they had Fergie, Wenger or Mouriniho in charge they`d possibly got to Sunday night, Erikkson just didnt cut it, anyway what has he ever won? Can somebody put me straight on it?

scorrie
05-Jul-06, 22:10
On paper they shouldve been playing on Sunday night against Brazil, but thats football, they arent! If they had Fergie, Wenger or Mouriniho in charge they`d possibly got to Sunday night, Erikkson just didnt cut it, anyway what has he ever won? Can somebody put me straight on it?

Must be a funny paper you were looking at. If Brazil and England had won they would have played tonight, it was impossible for them to meet in the final.

Club football can often make players look better than they actually are when push comes to shove on the international stage.

katarina
05-Jul-06, 22:47
give me strength! there's life beyond the world cup!

willowbankbear
05-Jul-06, 22:53
I stand corrected, doh! I forgot about that, Still cant see England ever winning anything with Mcclaren in charge, he`s worse than Montgomery Burns but who else can they get?

Big Phill said NO , little wonder look at the southern media, shocking ! always blaming somebody when every1 else can see that Englands footy team arent that good, 2-3 very good players but not a great team.

Who was the last English manager to win the top division in England? Howard Wilkinson in 1992 with Leeds.

Arrogance, yep, but arent you used to it by now?;)

DW
05-Jul-06, 22:54
Just in, a unique photo of the England team as they made their way home

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/muppets.jpg

Euro champions - Aye right!

MadPict
05-Jul-06, 23:13
Once again it's a revel in the defeat of England - for goodness sake drop it will ya!!!!

DW
06-Jul-06, 08:57
Once again it's a revel in the defeat of England - for goodness sake drop it will ya!!!!

Nope. [lol]

We can't quite match the sadness of the English media, but we can still poke fun at them.

Anyone else amazed at the bit of English chauvanism at half time in last night's match - more film of a bunch of losers eh?