PDA

View Full Version : Caithess artists exhibition

Torvaig
07-Aug-10, 08:55
If you haven't done so already, I thoroughly recommend a visit to this wonderful exhibition of local work.

It is in THURSO HIGH SCHOOL ASSEMBLY HALL and is open daily until 14TH AUGUST (except Sunday) from 2.00 - 5pm during the day and 6.30 - 9pm in the evenings. Entry is free.....

The subjects and styles are diverse with beautiful, interesting, funny and poignant work done by well known local artists including Ian C. Scott and newcomers and the Prince of Wales or the Duke of Rothesay as he is known whilst in Scotland.

There are local scenes, further a-field scenes, lighthouses, crofts, harbours, castles, rivers, trees, flowers, a peregrine, squirrel, cats and dogs, puppies and kittens, owls, a raven, hens, sheep, a heilan' coo', kangaroo, penguin, a tiger, beaches, storms, gales, sunsets and bridges.

There is work in oils, watercolour, pastels, acrylics, gouache, pen, pencil, crayon, collages, weaving, embroidery, jewellery, etchings, mixed media, glass, Caithness stone and earthenware.

There is most certainly something for everybody and is well worth a visit or even two or three just to take it all in and enjoy. It always amazes me how much talent we have here on our doorstep.

And Don Lyall's beautiful, colourful painting "Going Home" is mine; all mine! :lol:

poppett
07-Aug-10, 10:27
Visited on Thursday as an old school friend was up on a short visit and wanted to see our old school, we found the varied art work very interesting. Her partner is an artist and remarked it is one of the finest exhibitions he has ever been to see. Top marks to the organisers for making the lay out so interesting.