PDA

View Full Version : Does Caithness have Google?

Crackeday
06-Aug-10, 13:21
Just wondering but time and again there are threads asking for times for this, Opening for that,phone numbers for the other.
When i want some info like above I just "google".
Why is it that some people start a thread to ask what is readily available on google and other search doofers?
Not having a go just wondering why people can type a thread and wait for a response when Its quicker to google!!!!:roll:
Does it annoy you?
I know it makes me think its a waste of cyberspace!!!!!
Rant over ,woo back to normality!!!:lol:

Kevin Milkins
06-Aug-10, 13:36
Whats Google and where do I get one, ? I had a look in the for sale section, but couldn't find one.

If anyone has a spare Google for sale, please contact me via PM.;)

Regards.

KM

Kodiak
06-Aug-10, 13:51
The number 10 raised to the power googol, written out as the numeral 1 followed by 10100 zeros.

tommy1979
06-Aug-10, 14:16
The number 10 raised to the power googol, written out as the numeral 1 followed by 10100 zeros.

that is one big old number...however lets not forget the fact that the answer to life, the universe and everything is....42 :lol:

PantsMAN
06-Aug-10, 14:32
'Tis the joy of seeing your name in print and having meaningful interaction with like-minded people.

Or maybe they are just sssssssaaaaaaaaddddddddd

Alice in Blunderland
06-Aug-10, 17:08
Whats Google and where do I get one, ? I had a look in the for sale section, but couldn't find one.

If anyone has a spare Google for sale, please contact me via PM.;)

Regards.

KM

I have a google I can email to you although it doesnt come with instructions :Razz.

I am sure if you post on the org a nice kind fellow orger may be able to let you know how to operate google or even have a spare set of instructions lying in a drawer somewhere. :lol:

Regards

Alice

Kevin Milkins
06-Aug-10, 18:44
I have a google I can email to you although it doesnt come with instructions :Razz.

I am sure if you post on the org a nice kind fellow orger may be able to let you know how to operate google or even have a spare set of instructions lying in a drawer somewhere. :lol:

Regards

Alice

That's very kind of you Alice, this is just another fine example of why the Org is such a nice and friendly community to belong to.

Should there be an Orger that has a spare set of instructions for a Google, I would appreciate it greatly and would be prepared to pay a small fee.

Serenity
06-Aug-10, 18:51
I used lmgtfy.com as a reply once here (the answer to the poster's non subjective question was the first result and I pretty much typed it in the way they asked it here) and got bad repped for it. I have no issue with people asking discussive or subjective questions but for a while there were a lot of questions google could answer. It's not so bad recently.

Nacho
06-Aug-10, 23:12
It's not so bad recently.

i'll take some credit/blame for that downturn

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=106372

with hindsight, if we're to treat the org as a forum of general chit chat as well as the discursive, then we should entertain these posts as they often lead onto another topic (possibly the op's original intention).

just out of interest, who amongst us has chucked out their phone book and yellow pages ? i know i have, so if i need a number i need to go online.

but what if my pc ain't working .... WHAT THEN ?!?!

Phill
06-Aug-10, 23:21
Does anyone know what time Tesco's opens tomorrow?

Nacho
07-Aug-10, 00:14
Does anyone know what time Tesco's opens tomorrow?

do you mean today's tomorrow or yesterday's today ?

bluechesse
07-Aug-10, 00:23

with hindsight, if we're to treat the org as a forum of general chit chat as well as the discursive, then we should entertain these posts as they often lead onto another topic (possibly the op's original intention).

just out of interest, who amongst us has chucked out their phone book and yellow pages ? i know i have, so if i need a number i need to go online.

Well I fail to see how your going to manage to fix your broken PC with the yellow pages. Honestly......;)

Vistravi
07-Aug-10, 07:26

Same here, Its much faster i find to go online and google it. Sometimes like recently i could not find an answer to my question though and asked on the appropriate forum.

Phill
07-Aug-10, 09:56
do you mean today's tomorrow or yesterday's today ?

Hang on, I'll have google that and get back to ya......

Fisherbigin
07-Aug-10, 20:04
Where is the best place for a chinese feed in Thurso

Crackeday
08-Aug-10, 08:38
Where is the best place for a chinese feed in Thurso
Wick!!!!!:lol:

Fisherbigin
08-Aug-10, 13:49
Thanks m8.;)

scorrie
08-Aug-10, 14:49
Has anyone got a link for Caithness.org? I can't find the site at all.