PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Farce

JAWS
05-Jul-06, 13:45
It would appear that the EU have set up a new European Fishing Fund of 3.8 Billion Euros.
Of that, Spain will receive over 1 Billion Euros, almost one third of the amount.

The final vote putting this into force will be made next week when only Poland and Belgium are likely to vote against it.

I can't help getting the feeling that what's left of Scotland's Fishing Fleet, and Scotland along with it, is being sold out again.

How is it that, whilst we have butchered our Fishing Industry, other Countries have been allowed to keep theirs intact?

concerned resident
05-Jul-06, 15:14
I am afraid you are quite right, the fishing industry have been slowly killed off by this Government, and the Scottish Parliament. They are now in the process of breaking up the inshore regions, shortly those fishing for shell fish will have to have a licence at the cost of £50 for the first year and £100 for the second year, The scottish fisheries protection Agency will be responsible
for monitoring, (i think they were getting short of work as they have just about killed of the white fish industry, so this will keep them employed.)
I would like to copy the list of proposed enforcement powers they have requested, but there are so many in relation to fishing boats and then as they state on land. They are basicaly the state police of the sea / Land. The good old days of the crofter and his small boat, going out to sea, to check his couple of lobster pots are numbered.