PDA

View Full Version : End Of The World Again

Tubthumper
04-Aug-10, 14:39
So the BP/US oil catastrophe that was a portent of the end of the world is 'largely dealt with' and the oil has mostly disappeared. The banking crisis, with its associated end of civilisation, seems to be over with sales up, house prices rising and obscene bank profitability back in vogue.

The 'Swine Flu End Of Mankind' pandemic was a bit of a a wet fart, rather like the 'Bird Flu End Of Mankind' pandemic that went before it.
Meanwhile the Icelandic volcano that caused western civilisation to grind to a halt has vanished apparently.

And although fossil fuels, (gas, coal and oil) are just about to run out (heralding mankind's doom) huge new oil fields are revealed in the USA, Egypt, Libya and Lybster, more Chinese & US miners are being killed than ever in the quest for the black stuff, and I've got issues with my combined gas cycle.

Is it just me or has someone been taking the mick? :eek:

onecalledk
04-Aug-10, 15:11
If you sensationalise world events, bring fear to the population you control said population.

If all is well in the world at the moment, somebody , somewhere is planning the next "end of the world" scenerio for the media to forcefeed the public....

It never ceases to amaze me about the monetary system, since WE created money, how can WE run out of money ?????!!

K

ducati
04-Aug-10, 17:20
Do RBS & Lloyds buy bits of themselves back now, or do we pocket our % of the profits ? (does anyone know):confused

Oh and Northern Rock of course.

sorry about you combined gas cycle tubs, is this a transport issue or do you need to see a doctor?

Bazeye
04-Aug-10, 19:40
Thank God for that, at least I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Phill
04-Aug-10, 20:29
Oh!

Bit of a storm in a teacup then really.

Has Obamarama claimed he was the one to sort out the Gulf disaster ahead of 'British' petroleum?

We've still got manflu which IS the end of the world.

And the banks, oh the banks, those dear, cute lovable banks. Now they are all in profit the treasury / Bank of England get all those profits to offset the deficit, right? Gordy Broon did write that into the deal didn't he? Didn't he?