PDA

View Full Version : Good on Italy

scorrie
04-Jul-06, 22:30
After the German papers had called Italians "Lazy, Greasy, Parasites" prior to today's game, it was nice to see it rammed down their throats.

I thought our papers were bad but that was surely asking for trouble.

"Go home ya Germans, go home ya Germans" Oh you are home!!

Billy Boy
04-Jul-06, 22:38
best game of footie i've seen in a long time:) italy well worth the win,all we need now is france,and we should have a cracking final.:D

mooncat
04-Jul-06, 22:40
Yeah France V Italy would be a cracker... France I think would win though..!!!

orkneylass
04-Jul-06, 22:41
despite wanting germany to win I had to hand it to the Italians after a cracking match that was a credit to both teams...and despite wanting England to do well, they would have emabrrassed themselves big time against either of these excellent teams.

changilass
04-Jul-06, 22:41
Nice to see the ref not trying to be the centre of attention, allowed the game to be played at a good pace:D

abalone
04-Jul-06, 22:49
I don't watch football but I'm glad Italy won.Well, they are more romantic than the Germans.I love that song Bellanotte.Remember when it was played while Lady and the Tramp shared a plate of spaghetti?

pultneytooner
04-Jul-06, 22:52
best game of footie i've seen in a long time:) italy well worth the win,all we need now is france,and we should have a cracking final.
I'd love to see that happen, would be a fantastic final if zidane turns on the style again.:lol:

Ricco
04-Jul-06, 22:59
Now, that's how footie should be played! I hope the England team were watching the match. England looked tired, old and worn out by comparison.

Sorry, Canuck - no win for you.:(

MadPict
04-Jul-06, 23:15
How odd to hear Germans singing "You'll Never Walk Alone".....

canuck
04-Jul-06, 23:19
I'm devastated!

golach
04-Jul-06, 23:22
I'm devastated!
Dinna be, it was the best game of footie I have seen outside of Easter Raod for a long time [lol]

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 23:23
I'm devastated!

Im not, neithers the bloke in my avatar[lol]

Malcolmdog
05-Jul-06, 01:24
What a wonderful game. The Azzuri were amazing. The whole of Vaughan is decked out in tbe Italian colours.

I can hardly wait til Sunday.

Buona Fortuna Italia!!!

Loafer
05-Jul-06, 08:02
At the start of the match I was looking forward to a cracker as a neutral, but as the game wore on, the arrogance of Ballack got to me and I was delighted that Italy won! That gentleman is surely one of the most over-rated and now with being an Abramovich puppet, also one of the most over-paid players on the planet.

I found myself going in with every tackle Gattuso made. Not bad for a Celtic supporter!

The Loafer

webmannie
05-Jul-06, 08:25
One of the best games i've seen since a long time, the Ref AND Linesmen did an excellent job. Here's hoping they get the Final as it will make for a better game!

I thought the Italians deserved the win, they played the better football. I don't rate thon Ballack, looks like Abramovich has bought a turkey!

Roll on Portugal v France, i think Portugal will win now that they have Deco and co back, it's going to be some game!

candyfloss
05-Jul-06, 08:50
What a brilliant match last night, i just did'nt want it to end it was so good :Razz Can't wait till tonight now Portugal.v.France.France to win i hope:Razz

Ricco
05-Jul-06, 12:54
- and did you notice that neither team looked exceptionally tired after the full 90 minutes despite the heat. England looked cream-crackered after 20 minutes! That's the trouble with having the WAGS along - 'go out and get me this', 'you couldn't just pop down for a bevy for me?', 'let's go out to a nightclud - I'm bored'. Bet the Italians and Germans didn't have their WAGS. :D