PDA

View Full Version : Double Room for rent in Executive Flat in Aberdeen

toby1
03-Aug-10, 13:59
One double bedroom for rent in an executive 2-bedroom flat in Aberdeen (just off King Street), with own bathroom facilities. This flat also consists of a fully fitted modern dining kitchen and large lounge with enough space for dining facilities if required. Fully furnished to a high standard. Gas central heating Secure entry system. Immediate entry available.

£400 per month plus share of utility charges and council rates.

If interested call 07725999319.

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 17:42
You should change your name to dick turpin thats expensive average room to let can be anywere between £200 to £300 per month to £320 tops

upolian
04-Aug-10, 18:16
You should change your name to dick turpin thats expensive average room to let can be anywere between £200 to £300 per month to £320 tops

You should mind your own business,if that is what they want to charge so be it!

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 19:52
You should mind your own business,if that is what they want to charge so be it!

The minute you post something on messageboard it then becomes everyones business and further more what do you prefer me to do say nothing and let another orger thats thinking about moving to aberdeen pay more than the going rate or try and help out an orger and make them aware of the going rates so that they can get a more affordable accomadation.
And belive it or not you still see room to lets for £50 week all you have to do is look in the press and journal
Maybey you should engage your brain first before typing it does make a difference.

Kodiak
04-Aug-10, 20:12

I think that £400 a Month is quite reasonable. More than 15 Years ago my son rented a One Room Flat. All there was was a Bathroom, Kitchen and a Living/Bedroom and that was it. It was also right at the top of the building 5 stories high with no lift.

He paid £400 a Month for that 15 Years ago so what is being offered here for £400 a Month in 2010 is a good deal I would say.

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 20:24
Well try this link below for an idea on lets you can get cheaper if you look around this 1 example

http://uk.easyroommate.com/aberdeen-flatshare/spacious-double-bedrrom-avaliable-in-3-bedroom-flat-share/H08091571758480/20040831173515648

upolian
04-Aug-10, 20:41
The minute you post something on messageboard it then becomes everyones business and further more what do you prefer me to do say nothing and let another orger thats thinking about moving to aberdeen pay more than the going rate or try and help out an orger and make them aware of the going rates so that they can get a more affordable accomadation.
And belive it or not you still see room to lets for £50 week all you have to do is look in the press and journal
Maybey you should engage your brain first before typing it does make a difference.

It is an executive flat for rent,you get what you pay for,get of your high horse.

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 20:56
It is an executive flat for rent,you get what you pay for,get of your high horse.

Its not a flat to let its a room in a flat with shared facility to let. Executive is just word used to make it sound fancy when its probably just had a lick of paint Theres nothing executive of king street if it said executive flat in the west end or in the manofield area its believable but not king street

Corrie 3
04-Aug-10, 21:06
It seems a lot to me for a flat share,
I could get a house to rent in a good area for £270 per month...sounds like someone in need of financial help to me.
And who wants to live in Aberdeen anyway???

:eek::eek:

colingel
04-Aug-10, 21:19
Seems to me that if the price is right it will get takers.If the price is wrong it will not.
Market forces and all that.

Alice in Blunderland
04-Aug-10, 21:34
Nothing like the org to turn a post into a debate :D

I think that this is a very good deal but I am just a mum who is currently forking out over £400 a month for student accommodation which is not executive in fact its quite basic and this is shared with at least two others.

Last year it was halls same amount of money, basic accommodation, breeze block walls and a six foot by ten foot room also sharing the flat with seven other drunken students.

You get what you pay for and in comparison to what I am paying for my daughter it seems very reasonable for executive standard.:D

Gogglebox
04-Aug-10, 21:54
Seems fair enough going on the market here at the moment. Ive been looking around and i pay £100 a week for a room in a house shared facilities and definately not executive.(ExCouncil in Kincorth)

I know from others in the same position that its a decent rate at £400

Executve flats just behind Pittodire and at top end of Kings Street towards Bof Don

Sellers market in Aberdeen

Charge it and they will pay!!Id love to know what part of Aberdeen theres a house for £270

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 22:24
Googlebox the biggest problem in todays living its not the working hourly rate or cost of food its the property has doubled and even tripled in some cases in the last 10 years thats whats causing everyone the most problems with buying and renting.
Well im £325 for a 1 bedroomed flat thats in aberdeen and thats private lease and i know its cheap and i wont get that anywere else.
The only reason the rent is that cheap is the owner bought the flats before the house prices went out of control.
If your in a 3 bedroom flat and everyone is paying £400 a month thats £1200 a month for a 3 bed flat you no as well as i do thats crazy prices
There was 1 bedroom flat in bridge of don i think it was £420 a month thats £20 more than what your paying and u have the flat to youself no sharing that was in the press and journal website.
Imagine paying £100 a week plus all you bills u need to live it must be hard going for someone on a hourly rate of £7 or less an hour makes you wonder sometimes
The other thing as well if you see the amount of foreign workers in aberdeen its unbelievable thats contributing to a shortage of housing in the area do you no there is companys in aberdeen that are buying up houses and then there taking on foriegn workers and renting out rooms to them paying them one hand then takeing of the other its all win situation for business

Gogglebox
04-Aug-10, 22:37
More factors come into play than the cost of the flat though.
Depends what employment there is.
If someone work in BOD then rather than pay £300 in somewhere outlying they save money on transport and time travelling in the nightmare traffic.

I work in Altens thats why i am more than happy to pay what i pay as i save about an hour travelling in the car from BOD in morning and maybe more at night.

You know and i know that someone will pay £400 for a room easily. The seller will have got rid of it by end of week.

One bedroom flat off King Street just now £600 a month

Must be hard going for someone getting paid £7 but not for the many overpaid oil workers in Aberdeen so i think its a bit harsh to pick on our seller in this case in an attempt to stifle the increasing rental market in Aberdeen . They will get rid of it easily although he might be targetting the wrong market on org as people from Caithness will as i do compare the rates to home and go FFFFFFFFlip its pricey - - but its the going rates and market forces will dictate.
I would anticipate rents here going up again as the housing market starts to gain momentum again and people realise there is an easy way to subsidise paying their inflated mortgages with a lodger in the spare room!!
More people will rent now becuase of the credit restrictions imposed by the bank so there will be greater demand. - In my opinion.
Personally I wouldnt buy here.

EDDIE
04-Aug-10, 23:00
No doubt it will go i no when i look for flats its a case of if your not first your last but i have seen rooms to let for £300 aberdeen i quite often look in the paper.
I guess im lucky with my rent but one thing i dont miss is sharing.Sharings ok if you land lucky with decent people but if u dont your food goes missing and so on
The flat below me is a 2 bedroom flat its £425 a month point im making you can get cheaper accomadation ok it might be starting to get scarce but u can i had a customer lask week he just let out his 1 bedroom flat for £400 a month

upolian
05-Aug-10, 08:53
Its not a flat to let its a room in a flat with shared facility to let. Executive is just word used to make it sound fancy when its probably just had a lick of paint Theres nothing executive of king street if it said executive flat in the west end or in the manofield area its believable but not king street

I know it's a room,but it's in an executive flat.

Jeid
05-Aug-10, 09:37
Jeeesus Eddie, if that's what he wants to charge, so be it.

Do some research before opening your trap. A quick Google search provides you with this website which shows that the OP's price is pretty reasonable, especially since it's an executive flat bang in the middle of town.

http://www.gartoo.co.uk/aberdeen-executive-flat-rent

upolian
05-Aug-10, 09:45

Do some research before opening your trap. A quick Google search provides you with this website which shows that the OP's price is pretty reasonable, especially since it's an executive flat bang in the middle of town.

Excellent :)

EDDIE
05-Aug-10, 17:49

If your definition of research is a quick google search i wouldnt want you researching for me.
You have to remember not every landlord are computer literate or into advertising on the web a lot of them just advertise locally in papers thats the downside to relying to much on google if your searching for something on the net it doesnt show everything?
If you read some the other post about rent prices it is true take for example in todays paper there is a double room to let in a shared flat fully furnished £360 a month no bills if u have no bills thats at least £100 month saving maybey a little more or u could say its the same as saying £250 a month plus bills what ever way you want to look at it if anyone is interested in in its 07749673789 its b.o.d so i take it its brig of don

Jeid your right about one thing you should do your research before renting and thats the point that im trying to make people aware of before any orger commits to renting purely from on a add on a message board
Im quite sure £400 month plus bills might be the going rate for a room in a shared flat but you can get cheaper if money is an issue like the one i just pointed out in todays paper

Jeid
05-Aug-10, 18:00
EXECUTIVE FLAT... what part of that is hard to understand?

By the time you're considering a share in a £400 a month flat, I don't think money is top of your concerns

EDDIE
05-Aug-10, 18:15
EXECUTIVE FLAT... what part of that is hard to understand?

By the time you're considering a share in a £400 a month flat, I don't think money is top of your concerns

Its not £400 a month flat your share is £400 plus bills
Jeid when your working and haveing to pay bills money is always your concern trouble is once you pay all your bills there is not a lot left for treats?
And if money is not issue you would buy rather then lease
Executive flat or a normal flat at the end of the day its a place were you live and sleep bottom line so why pay over the odds its a bit like buying a fancy dvd player out of proper electrical shop paying over the odds for a brand name were u can get the same thing out of tesco for half the price that does the same job and last just the same.

celtic1888
05-Aug-10, 18:41
Eddie,

I've just moved down here and been looking for flats for the last two months. It is dear to live here and some places it does cost £400 a month.. Depending on owner and such likes,
End of the day is it YOUR room in YOUR flat your renting?
Didn't think so, so leave the guy to advertise his flat without getting questioned over the price he is asking!!!
End of :)

upolian
05-Aug-10, 18:49
Eddie,

I've just moved down here and been looking for flats for the last two months. It is dear to live here and some places it does cost £400 a month.. Depending on owner and such likes,
Didn't think so, so leave the guy to advertise his flat without getting questioned over the price he is asking!!!

Well said chap!

EDDIE
05-Aug-10, 19:05
Eddie,

Your right its not my room or flat but it is my opinion and right to express my views on this message board but has he the right to advertise in this section and has permision not that im bothered about it and celtic if your moving away from home wouldnt you want people trying to keep your right on a message board if you were enquiring about flats or questions relating to that on forum is that not the whole point of a forum
If your happy to fork out £400 a month then go for it i wouldnt want to unless i really had to and if i read on forum someone saying u can get cheaper i would take that all into consideration and be glad people were expressing there views rather than knocking it
As you say some places it does cost £400 but someplace it cost £500,£600 £300 as well thats why u have to shop around
This thread is starting to go around in circles
Celtic i do hope you get sorted with accomadation thats affordable

upolian
05-Aug-10, 19:16
Why don't you troll ebay and tell people what they are selling is to expensive?also nobody asked for an opinion,it's an advert your ruining.........

Jeid
07-Aug-10, 16:41
Its not £400 a month flat your share is £400 plus bills
Jeid when your working and haveing to pay bills money is always your concern trouble is once you pay all your bills there is not a lot left for treats?
And if money is not issue you would buy rather then lease
Executive flat or a normal flat at the end of the day its a place were you live and sleep bottom line so why pay over the odds its a bit like buying a fancy dvd player out of proper electrical shop paying over the odds for a brand name were u can get the same thing out of tesco for half the price that does the same job and last just the same.

I mistyped, and I was quite aware it was a room in a flat for £400.

You speak to me like I'm a child. I pay rent for my house every month and pay bills.

As I said before, by the time you were ven considering looking at a place with this sort of price tag, money wouldn't be the top of your list of concerns.

And, in reference to the rent/buying thing. Aberdeen is the oil capital, not everybody wants to travel miles and miles to get to work. I'm sure there's a market for this kind of thing. Plus, in case you've been living under a rock for the past ten years, we're in a recession, it's not exactly a great time to buy a house/flat/mansion