PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dog: Please help

sunshine23
03-Aug-10, 13:01
I am posting this for a friend.

A fawn coloured female lurcher went missing on Friday morning from the Mount Vernon area of Thurso. She is a very friendly dog and much loved family pet. Her name is Dulcie. Please, if you have seen this dog, please get in touch right away. Phone 01847 896734. The children are very upset and missing their dog.

upolian
03-Aug-10, 13:05
I will pass word round for people to keep an eye,hope the dog is found soon

Liz
03-Aug-10, 13:07
So sorry to hear that Dulcie is missing.:(

Have you contacted the Dog Warden and checked with the SSPCA and Vets in case she's been found?

Good luck!!

Happy Guy
03-Aug-10, 22:59
I am posting this for a friend.

A fawn coloured female lurcher went missing on Friday morning from the Mount Vernon area of Thurso. She is a very friendly dog and much loved family pet. Her name is Dulcie. Please, if you have seen this dog, please get in touch right away. Phone 01847 896734. The children are very upset and missing their dog.

I hope she is microchipped or at least wearing a collar with name and number tag - I will keep my eyes open!

carasmam
06-Aug-10, 14:09
Any word on Dulcie yet

sunshine23
06-Aug-10, 21:28
No, we have absolutely no information on Dulcie. It is really a sin, she was only out a short time and vanished. There is a possibility that she was stolen. Either way, we wish someone would let the family know because this dog was a family member. I will keep everyone posted. A lot of people has been out looking for her. We have contacted the RSPCA, the dog warden and the vets. We also looked at the possiblity that maybe she was locked in a garage by accident but she would normally bark and would be heard but nothing.

unicorn
07-Aug-10, 10:33
I have been keeping my eyes open when out walking my whippets but not spotted her at all, could you post a picture?
It may be worth cross posting this with sites like K9 where there are a lot of whippet and hound owners as if she has been stolen she may be offered for sale further away.
Have you posted her details on dog lost or anywhere? The more people who know about her the better.
This is the link for Dog lost where you can search your breed or add her details http://www.doglost.co.uk/

mop top
07-Aug-10, 11:15
Really concerned about this dog as dogs just dont disappear of the face of the earth.:~(

Can i put out an sos for anyone living in the mount vernon area with a lock up or garage that is not used daily to store a car to please go and check incase Dulcey has been trapped inside. Please alert all your neighbours etc who maybe do not use the org to do the same and get in touch with the owners of Dulcey if you know of a lock up or garage that perhaps the owners are away on holiday or someone works offshore or something has the garage and it could have been open last Friday when she went missing. Friends of Dulceys owner are going to be checking garages etc in that area today please help if you can.

fingers crossed for Dulcey to be found safe and well

Anne

unicorn
07-Aug-10, 13:17
Bump up in the hope that as many people as possible check their garages

teenybash
07-Aug-10, 14:24
Poor Dulcey...what an agony to go through. I truly hope someone finds this lovely girl and gets her home....so strange that she vanished into thin air. I hope she comes to light safe and sound......:~(

sunshine23
07-Aug-10, 15:27
I have posted on here a few days ago with some details of this dog that is missing.

The dog's name is Dulcie. http://by149w.bay149.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c1397c32-a214-11df-94a1-002264c17d04&Aux=44|0|8CD0438A7A50F00||0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att She went missing from Thurso on Friday (30th July). She is a light/golden coloured Lurcher with a white chest. She is around 7 years old and should be wearing a brown collar with a tag that reads: Macleod 01847 890322. She is quite a friendly dog and doesn't usually have a problem with approaching strangers. If you have seen her or have got her, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Please contact: 01847 890322. If you have a shed, garage or lockup, would you please check in case she has been locked in by accident. Thank you.

skinnydog
07-Aug-10, 16:04
How awful, Dulsie is such a sweet little dog, I hope that she has not been taken. Will keep an eye out for her when walking/driving about town.

sunshine23
08-Aug-10, 15:52
We have not received any word on Dulcie. I am offering a reward for any information that leads to her safe return. If you have any details at all, please call the number listed on the Missing Poster or send me a pm.

sunshine23
08-Aug-10, 20:53
I have some wonderful news, Dulcie arrived home safe and sound earlier this evening. She is very thin and has some nasty wounds but very alert. Thank you to everyone that contacted us and a big thank you for the help and support.

unicorn
08-Aug-10, 20:54
I am absolutely over the moon for you all, hugs to Dulcie :D

carasmam
08-Aug-10, 21:29
That is brilliant news, I am delighted :D Hope the wounds heal quickly and she gets over her adventure ok

hell raizer
08-Aug-10, 21:41
great news, i'm glad to hear dulcie has came home. i hope her wounds heal quick and she's back to her normal self soon

teenybash
08-Aug-10, 22:06
This is just the best news that the beautiful Dulcie is home....even if she is a little battle worn..her wounds will heal. Lots of lovely cuddles to her.:)

merlzin
08-Aug-10, 22:30
Im so glad to hear she's home.that is great news.:D.

bustergirl
09-Aug-10, 07:23
thts great news i am so glad she has returned home her wounds will soon heal the best thing is that she is safe at home

mop top
09-Aug-10, 07:40
Really delighted to read this post and so glad Dulcie is back home with her family. If only she could talk I bet she would have a tale to tell!:Razz