PDA

View Full Version : Good old fashioned family night in

tisme
04-Jul-06, 20:10
How's this for a family evening in.. Husband downstairs watching football, teenage daughter in her bedroom listening to music to make your ears bleed, and me in the spare room on the computer!! Who said family values and the art of conversation are dead..........:eek:

connieb19
04-Jul-06, 20:19
I went to my mums the other night. My dad was in the kitchen watching football, my mum was in the living room watching Big Brother and my brother was in the bedroom on the computer. They were all too busy to speak. I had a nice conversation with the dog then went home..:roll:

Billy Boy
04-Jul-06, 20:25
i know the feelin lol i am in one room on the computer, hubby in the livingroom watching footy and 5 year old in her room on the computer aaaahhhh bliss:lol:

tisme
04-Jul-06, 20:26
Thank god for wine............[lol]

tiggertoo
04-Jul-06, 20:37
ats wots rong noodays, to meny famlys sittin doon glued to that square box or on er pc and e kids are left to roam aboot cos were more bothered wots happinin in jack and veras life or wot that dimwits ar doin on big jessies simple answer is to unplug ur telly an pc and get some board games oot for a change

taylor.4
04-Jul-06, 20:46
I no the feeling well, i'm downstairs on computer, hubby's in bed watching footy, teenage daughter in her room with pals, and teenage son in his room watching dvd's.:D

Billy Boy
04-Jul-06, 20:56
ats wots rong noodays, to meny famlys sittin doon glued to that square box or on er pc and e kids are left to roam aboot cos were more bothered wots happinin in jack and veras life or wot that dimwits ar doin on big jessies simple answer is to unplug ur telly an pc and get some board games oot for a change

never mind the board games lol get oot and get some fresh air me and mr billy and little bb jnr walk for miles regardless o the weather all things in moderation :D (and some over indulgencies )hee hee:lol: its no all pc's and t.v's

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 23:46
Aye, little bear, the doggie & me went for a walk but mrs.Bear went an had a lie down. When I got back , we had turn about until wee man fell asleep, I watched the match(wish they were all as good)she watched B.B7.
Dont know what film is on now though, as Im on here

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Jul-06, 12:13
Good to see some people enjoying happy times with their families. Lucky none of you went to the Scottish Masters at the Braehead Arena the other night, as loutish, bigoted Rangers fans spoiled a family day out singing 'songs' and being generally abusive and disgusting in front of young families. If ever there was a reason to eradicate them from the world, this was it.

Rangers fans bring shame to family football day

By Jack KennedyMonday 3rd July 2006

No manners

Families supporting Celtic, Hearts, And Motherwell at yesterdays Scottish
masters event at Braehead arena were shocked at the behaviour of Rangers
supporters as they taunted rival supporters at what is a family fun event.
Although it was a minority of the Rangers support that sang the vile songs
and chants they were clearly heard.

Gillian Scott from Kilsyth took her Two sons to the game after winning
tickets on a Celtic website and was forced to move seats as Rangers
supporters sang songs that were not appropriate to a family day out. Gillian
would not repeat what songs were sung but pointed us to a well known Rangers
website and we Followed her directions to their Scottish masters section
where the messageboard users posted.

Gillian commented "Most of the supporters were there for a day of fun but
when i complained to the guys who were singing and shouting about child
molesters that my kids were with me I got told to (deleted) . I dont need
that at a Sunday afternoon game and when I complained to the people at the
front door I got told to move seat. In fairness there was a family next to
me decked out in Rangers tops and they also complained to the people who
were shouting but they also got told to (expletive) off back to your (deleted).

The Scottish masters is a great day out and this very small group of fans
were the exception and families mixed freely at an event which gives
everyone a chance to see Celtic and Rangers in action. The Braehead arena
becomes alive with noise and PA announcements and the behaviour of a small
minority does not spoil the day for the majority of people.

willowbankbear
05-Jul-06, 12:23
Will they never learn? I shake my head