PDA

View Full Version : firework display at Wick riverside

katarina
01-Aug-10, 20:58
Thank goodness the weather decided to accomodate us after all, and the rain stopped before the display. Amazing as usual - we need something to lift us after all this depressing weather! But where was the music? It just wasn't the same without it. And why is the bonefire not lit until after the firework display when all the people are going home? Why not light it at the start of the night, so that it can blaze away merrily while the fireworks are going on? I know it must have been difficult to light after all that rain, but due to the forecast a tarpaline over it earlier in the week would not have been a bad idea. As it was it was struggling to survive when everyone gave up and went home.
Suggestions for next year. Light the bonfire at 9.30. It usually burns for a couple of hours anyway and takes a wee while to get going. And PLEASE have music - it was so lovely those last few years. Fairly lifted the spirits.

telfordstar
01-Aug-10, 23:19
Well I cana really comment much as I sat with the kiddies watching fireworks from the comfort of our living room window.