PDA

View Full Version : speed boat tour

crystal
03-Jul-06, 23:38
i just had to tell you all about the brillient tour i went on. it was fantastic. it was set in john o groats, me and few other people had to go on a speed boat to actualy go on the tour. it was suprisingly relaxing. i saw loads of beautiful senery. also i got to see some fab caves and wild life. there was loads of seals aswell got to see all the cute babie pups they were sooooo cute:lol: but what was realy funny was at the end the driver of the boat decided to be funny and kept tipping the boat i almost had a heart attack. also he soked us all but running the engin realy fast and making a splash. its called an ostrige tail or something like that. it was realy good i would recomed it to everyone:lol: i did take some pics but dont no if i could get them on here but ill do my best but im not promising nothin.

melted_wellie
03-Jul-06, 23:46
i remember going on the rowing boats up the river,the wildlife you used to see sitting at the boating shed gettin bladdered was something else.

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 23:56
Donhouston, that would be worth a poll bring back the boating on Wick river, dina remember it myself though

ice box
03-Jul-06, 23:59
i just had to tell you all about the brillient tour i went on. it was fantastic. it was set in john o groats, me and few other people had to go on a speed boat to actualy go on the tour. it was suprisingly relaxing. i saw loads of beautiful senery. also i got to see some fab caves and wild life. there was loads of seals aswell got to see all the cute babie pups they were sooooo cute:lol: but what was realy funny was at the end the driver of the boat decided to be funny and kept tipping the boat i almost had a heart attack. also he soked us all but running the engin realy fast and making a splash. its called an ostrige tail or something like that. it was realy good i would recomed it to everyone:lol: i did take some pics but dont no if i could get them on here but ill do my best but im not promising nothin.
Next time ask them for the white water adventure we did and it was brill

changilass
04-Jul-06, 00:04
Next time ask them for the white water adventure we did and it was brill

Tell me more, love speed boats, have to admit that jetski's are even better, but only the decent sized ones:D

ice box
04-Jul-06, 00:05
Donhouston, that would be worth a poll bring back the boating on Wick river, dina remember it myself though
You could walk in the river with your shoes on and still not get your feet wet
bad year for fishing grrrr

ice box
04-Jul-06, 00:07
Tell me more, love speed boats, have to admit that jetski's are even better, but only the decent sized ones:D
Try this www.northcoast-marine-adventures.co.uk (http://www.northcoast-marine-adventures.co.uk) you like speed boats you'll love it .

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:07
John O Groats, £15 a head , white water rafting, we wre there last Thursday, unfortunately the weather was calm & I didnt have wellies on, but next time its windy , you should try it, I think the tides would affect it also but it is good fun

crystal
04-Jul-06, 00:08
John O Groats, £15 a head , white water rafting, we wre there last Thursday, unfortunately the weather was calm & I didnt have wellies on, but next time its windy , you should try it, I think the tides would affect it also but it is good fun for the speed boat tour it was 20 pound per head but was well worth it:D

changilass
04-Jul-06, 00:09
John O Groats, £15 a head , white water rafting, we wre there last Thursday, unfortunately the weather was calm & I didnt have wellies on, but next time its windy , you should try it, I think the tides would affect it also but it is good fun

How long do they let you play??? :D

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:10
You could walk in the river with your shoes on and still not get your feet wet
bad year for fishing grrrr

Mackerel are on at Longberry ice box, I saw a basking shark on Sunday afternoon just at the mouth of Wick Bay, then my mate phoned me to let me ken there were fish going.

Time for a cast methinks[lol]

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:12
How long do they let you play??? :D

30 mins I think? I didnt have a watch on as time didnt matter that day;)

changilass
04-Jul-06, 00:13
Why do folk tell you about stuff like this at this time of night, I'll never sleep now, I'm too excited:lol:

ice box
04-Jul-06, 00:14
yes father was saying he was getting a few on the hand lines might give it a try this sunday .

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:15
Why do folk tell you about stuff like this at this time of night, I'll never sleep now, I'm too excited

ROTFL [lol] [lol] ye should be on the stage

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:20
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/1000/wick00128small3rd.jpg

changilass
04-Jul-06, 00:21
aawww and there was me thinking I would get to drive lol

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 00:27
Courier Headlines

Mad Castletown woman goes bonkers in the pentland firth
[lol]

changilass
04-Jul-06, 00:30
Courier Headlines

Mad Castletown woman goes bonkers in the pentland firth
[lol]

very probably:lol:

ice box
04-Jul-06, 00:40
aawww and there was me thinking I would get to drive lol
I 'm not rubbing it in but when i went on the wildlife tour i got a shot at it coming across gills and let me tell ye that boat can do some stunts

crystal
04-Jul-06, 01:06
I 'm not rubbing it in but when i went on the wildlife tour i got a shot at it coming across gills and let me tell ye that boat can do some stunts i no i was a victom of the "stunts" its sceary and funny at the same time:lol:

katarina
04-Jul-06, 09:02
i remember going on the rowing boats up the river,the wildlife you used to see sitting at the boating shed gettin bladdered was something else.

We must be about the same age. Boy did I love these boats! Why oh why can't they bring them back? I know it's something to do with weed on the river - a good job for all the community service guys!

crystal
04-Jul-06, 13:54
well im glad everyone is so intrested. i would recomend it to anyone and everyone its well worth the money. and the best part is that you enjoy your self:lol: :lol:

ice box
04-Jul-06, 15:01
i no i was a victom of the "stunts" its sceary and funny at the same time:lol:
yes but did you get to steer it and doing the sharp turn and nose dives .

crystal
04-Jul-06, 16:18
yes but did you get to steer it and doing the sharp turn and nose dives . no i wouldent dear id proberly drive it into a rock or a clif lol

ice box
04-Jul-06, 16:21
You said it ....

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 16:34
no i wouldent dear id proberly drive it into a rock or a clif lol

Why? you would hurt yerself, it is a tricky bit of water though but theres no point going into a cliff

ice box
04-Jul-06, 16:39
Going over the whirl pool good though

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 16:47
Not in a howling gale of wind its not, trust me[lol] but that was in bigger slower boats, good in at speedboat tho.