PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice! Cluster bombs outlawed, but look who by.

Anfield
01-Aug-10, 15:41
It has been announced that a new treaty banning the use of Cluster Bombs has been adopted by 108 countries world wide.

Amongst the countries who will no longer allow its miitary forces to use these horrific killing devices include such heavy players as:
Ireland, Liechtenstein, Iceland, The Vatican, Burkina Faso, Luxenbourg, Austria and many more (http://www.stopclustermunitions.org/the-coalition/)
However whilst credit is due to the countries who have adopted the treaty the following countries have refused to recognise it, and continue to either produce or stockpile cluster bombs

Russia
China
USA
Israel
India

The UK has signed the Treaty but continue to produce other WMD for sale to rogue countries

pegasus
01-Aug-10, 16:10
It has been announced that a new treaty banning the use of Cluster Bombs has been adopted by 108 countries world wide.

Amongst the countries who will no longer allow its miitary forces to use these horrific killing devices include such heavy players as:
Ireland, Liechtenstein, Iceland, The Vatican, Burkina Faso, Luxenbourg, Austria and many more (http://www.stopclustermunitions.org/the-coalition/)
However whilst credit is due to the countries who have adopted the treaty the following countries have refused to recognise it, and continue to either produce or stockpile cluster bombs

Russia
China
USA
Israel
India

The UK has signed the Treaty but continue to produce other WMD for sale to rogue countries

at least we are not lumped in with the muiurderers for once.

surprised at India but not the rest of them

Crackeday
01-Aug-10, 18:24
Glad that were stil doing other WMD's not like the Taliban who dont use dirty tricks to kill and maim do they?

By the way Anfield I remember Michael Stone especially when he ran through that cemetery!!!;)

Anfield
01-Aug-10, 18:58
Glad that were stil doing other WMD's not like the Taliban who dont use dirty tricks to kill and maim do they?

By the way Anfield I remember Michael Stone especially when he ran through that cemetery!!!;)

Do you not know who sold the Taleban weapons of mass destruction in the first place?. Weapons which are now being used to kill British soldiers.

Sorry but wrong Michael Stone, maybe if the jury was made up of people like you i.e. mistaking him for a loyalist paramilitary killer, then it is no wonder he was convicted

billmoseley
01-Aug-10, 18:58
Britain was one of the first to ever use cluster bombs in anger and they were very affective. but the world has moved on now your not allowed to kill or maim the enemy these days. our army has it's hands tied now and as a result we loose very brave men

tiger woods
01-Aug-10, 19:11
Do you not know who sold the Taleban weapons of mass destruction in the first place?. Weapons which are now being used to kill British soldiers.

Sorry but wrong Michael Stone, maybe if the jury was made up of people like you i.e. mistaking him for a loyalist paramilitary killer, then it is no wonder he was convicted
Michael Stone (born Michael John Goodban in 1960) is a British criminal who was convicted of a notorious double-murder in 1998. He has continued to assert his innocence. His original conviction was overturned on appeal but a second trial resulted in another verdict of guilty after another prisoner claimed that Stone had confessed to the killings while on remand in jail. His most recent appeal, in 2004, also failed.

Anfield
01-Aug-10, 19:17
Britain was one of the first to ever use cluster bombs in anger and they were very affective. but the world has moved on now your not allowed to kill or maim the enemy these days. our army has it's hands tied now and as a result we loose very brave men

So you would condone the use of bombs which kill and main indiscrimately for years after they were dropped?
I suppose you also support the bombing of civilian targets from aircraft as well.

What a sad world we have created

billmoseley
01-Aug-10, 19:51
it takes alot more people to care for an injured person and not many a dead one. it was a fact of war during the cold war we have to hurt the enemy any way we can. as for supporting bombing villiages well i don't see our troops hiding amongst women and children the taliban no we wont attack. so go on killing our men. if we fought a real war civilians would be killed but the taliban would have nowhere to hide and the war would be over quicker. it would be sad innocent people get killed but that is war. 95 years ago and 70 years ago 1000s of troops would be killed in an hours we have got to used to thinking war can be fought without death. while our troops put there lives on the line to protect us i will support anything that keeps them safe

Anfield
01-Aug-10, 23:00
Michael Stone (born Michael John Goodban in 1960) is a British criminal who was convicted of a notorious double-murder in 1998. He has continued to assert his innocence. His original conviction was overturned on appeal but a second trial resulted in another verdict of guilty after another prisoner claimed that Stone had confessed to the killings while on remand in jail. His most recent appeal, in 2004, also failed.

Of course in your world there is no such thing as a miscarriage of juctice is there?

".. it was a fact of war during the cold war we have to hurt the enemy any way we can. as for supporting bombing villiages well i don't see our troops hiding amongst women and children the taliban no we wont attack. so go on killing our men. if we fought a real war civilians would be killed but the taliban would have nowhere to hide and the war would be over quicker. it would be sad innocent people get killed but that is war. 95 years ago and 70 years ago 1000s of troops would be killed in an hours we have got to used to thinking war can be fought without death. while our troops put there lives on the line to protect us i will support anything that keeps them safe

Is there any real difference between suicide bombers who kill innocent people, and the people who give orders to launch bombs from aircraft several miles away?
Insurgents don't have the resources of WMD like aircraft and drones, so they have to rely on what, to them, is an effective means of killing people i.e. suicide bombers and IED.
Just as you you "support anything that keeps them safe" so do the relatives and friends of the Taliban.
War is a horrible, and in this day and age, pointless waste of life

The Drunken Duck
02-Aug-10, 07:47
Do not feed the Troll.

If Anfield had borrowed the family brain cell from whoever has it this week and done some research he would have come to three conclusions.

1 .. Our military stopped using cluster munitions like BL755 and JP233 years ago.

2 .. Anyone with a brain in their head can see that layering Afghan in cluster munitions is as much a hazard to your own guys as everyone else. We asre trying to re-take ground, not much point in that if you cant walk on it.

3.. The Russians threw cluster munitions at the place when they were there. Like they did with mines, the same (and now illegal) mines that are being harvested and used (after being coated with human and animal excrement to ensure infection of the wounds inflicted) by the Taliban.

Anfield is just doing his usual. He is like a dog that eats its own sick. He just cant help regurgitating it and wolfing it down.

It doesnt mean we have to.

Anfield
02-Aug-10, 11:02
Do not feed the Troll.

If Anfield had borrowed the family brain cell from whoever has it this week and done some research he would have come to three conclusions.

1 .. Our military stopped using cluster munitions like BL755 and JP233 years ago.

2 .. Anyone with a brain in their head can see that layering Afghan in cluster munitions is as much a hazard to your own guys as everyone else. We asre trying to re-take ground, not much point in that if you cant walk on it.

3.. The Russians threw cluster munitions at the place when they were there. Like they did with mines, the same (and now illegal) mines that are being harvested and used (after being coated with human and animal excrement to ensure infection of the wounds inflicted) by the Taliban.

Anfield is just doing his usual. He is like a dog that eats its own sick. He just cant help regurgitating it and wolfing it down.

It doesnt mean we have to.

Hey Action man. read my posts properly and you will find that I did not say that the UK was continuing to use cluster bombs.
Small but relevant point.
If you are going to post on threads then at least keep up to speed.

pegasus
02-Aug-10, 19:58
Hey Action man. read my posts properly and you will find that I did not say that the UK was continuing to use cluster bombs.
Small but relevant point.
If you are going to post on threads then at least keep up to speed.
perhaops hes tired from constantley runing from the csa:)

it takes a sick mind to think up things like cluster bombs and an equaly sick mind to use them or 'justify' there use. this explains why the usa and isreal haVE refused to sign up to this posative traety as usual

the usa and israel are the real teroroists[evil]

squidge
02-Aug-10, 22:58
Here we go gathering nuts in may????? Erm nope its August but Caithness. org still seems to have its share of nutty posts. I thought this might be an interesting thread as i was reading about the banning of cluster bombs this week but guess what........ same old same old same old. Another potential debate stifled by anti this that and what besides.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffft[disgust]

pegasus
02-Aug-10, 23:26
Here we go gathering nuts in may????? Erm nope its August but Caithness. org still seems to have its share of nutty posts. I thought this might be an interesting thread as i was reading about the banning of cluster bombs this week but guess what........ same old same old same old. Another potential debate stifled by anti this that and what besides.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffft[disgust]
pity you felt the need to come on it then:lol:

squidge
02-Aug-10, 23:42
Well sweetie, i though it might be full of intelligent comment and debate......... i know i know... its late, im tired but not sleepy and i was foolish. I have been a member here for long enough to know better. Think ill off and cuddle my husband - even asleep he has got to be more fun than this :)