PDA

View Full Version : horse riders

Tom Cornwall
03-Jul-06, 22:36
I see dog owners, when they take their pooches for a walk, carry a polythene bag so that the can put the dogs 'doings' in to take home.
Why don't horse riders have to do the same?
I believe that horses 'doings' are somewhat larger than dogs.

unicorn
03-Jul-06, 22:39
I notice someone has actually been allowing their horse to foul the pavement outside Mount pleasant school recently, That is absolutely thoughtless to leave it where children can walk through it!!

changilass
03-Jul-06, 22:47
If they collected it, they could then advertise it in the garden section. lol

janette
03-Jul-06, 22:59
Why do horse riders need to take their beasts through residential areas, and leave their doings on the streets? The stink is something terrible. I could go on but I will let others have their say.

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 23:02
That would look quite funny, a horse rider with all the gear on trotting through Bridge street early Sunday morning , stopping to pick up horse muck in a big black bag then finding an empty bin where to put it. where would they put the shovel?;)

janette
03-Jul-06, 23:03
I could suggest where to put the shovel, but it would be a bit rude

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 23:08
maybe they could use the saddles that cowboys use and put the shovel in the bit where the rifle goes!

Fran
04-Jul-06, 01:39
I often used to see a woman ride her horse through bridge Street with her shopping in 2 carrier bags and her little black dog walking behind....she would have had plenty of room for a shovel.

Ricco
04-Jul-06, 07:27
Hmmm, nice bit of fresh, free horse muck. Best nip out and get it for yer roses. They love it.

brokencross
04-Jul-06, 07:36
No need for shovels and black sacks, just stick a "Horse Nappy" on the beast, I quote from the Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia:-

Diapers and Nonhuman Species
Diapers and diaper-like products are sometimes used on animals (mostly pets, but also sometimes laboratory and working animals). This is often due to the animal not being housebroken. Though, it may also be for older, sick, or injured pets who have become incontinent. In some cases, these are simply baby diapers with holes cut for the tails to fit through. In other cases, they are diaper-like waste collection devices. Animals that are commonly diapered include:

Horses (often so their manure can be used for fertilizer or so the horses can be used in public settings without leaving droppings on the ground)
Dogs (often when a female is in season)
Monkeys and chimps (especially trained animals who appear on TV shows, in movies, or for live entertainment or educational appearances)
Pet birds (for birds that are allowed to fly freely around their owners' homes).

NEWSFLASH: The European Court of Horse Rights have decreed :

Bad News for Large Nappy Makers

The Sydney Morning Herald (December 9, 2005) reported that a magistrate in Malta has found that nappies breach the Animal Welfare Act after vets explained that a horse's tail had to be kept free to swat flies, the Malta times reported. The practice of putting nappies on horses was used as part of the regulations to control horse dung in the streets (These practices are still used in some European cities where horses pull carriages for tourists, but perhaps the horses are given fly-swats!).

stixie
04-Jul-06, 08:24
Make it law like dog fouling and we'l pick it up.

It shouldn't be on pavements though, people should ride on the road or bridle paths.

What moaning most of you do on this site!!!

katarina
04-Jul-06, 08:54
Make it law like dog fouling and we'l pick it up.

It shouldn't be on pavements though, people should ride on the road or bridle paths.

What moaning most of you do on this site!!!
While on holiday we went for a ride in a horse and carriage. they had a hammock style thing strapped under the horses rear end. caught all the 'doings' the smell wasn't very pleasant for the passengers in the carriage tho!

stixie
04-Jul-06, 09:00
I'm sure it wasn't!!! Pooh

I can understand why people passing over the road several times a day would collect the dung, it would be like a dirt track road in a matter of days otherwise.

mostlyharmless
04-Jul-06, 09:38
Carry a flapping plastic bag to pick up horse manure mmmm no not a great idea unless you want said horse to spook on to your heads.
How about cars then maybe we should direct the car fumes into our cars and take them home with us if of course we get home and are not dead.
Lorries of course should also do the same maybe carrying a large balloon on top of the cab which can then be released into the upper atmosphere and help with the warming up process.
Motorbikes very difficult one too + noise pollution .
Then of course buses, beer cans, wrappers,bottles, old nappies,cigarette ends ... foul language, b.o .....maybe we should stay inside cos.......what about those disgusting birds!!!!
Here we are in some of the most beautiful country , villages ,towns, and we want to turn it into a museum lovely and shiny and clean. I believe museums are full of dead things..
Give me a horse to watch any day of the week, take the manure home strangely thats how alot of compost in plastic bags starts out.

simpsoney
04-Jul-06, 09:47
I keep my horse on the edge of town (no it wasnt me who left the poo outside the school!!) and the reason we ride through the town is that there are not many other places to ride in the area. I agree with you unicorn to leave the poo on the pavement near to the school is lazyness. Myself i try not to ride on the pavement unless absolutely necessary but sometimes it is. If my horse were to poo on the pavement or the road in the town i would normally go back after finished riding and pick it up with a shovel. That is if it is still there. Quite often i find that a keen gardner has got there before me!!

MadPict
04-Jul-06, 13:07
I often used to see a woman ride her horse through bridge Street with her shopping in 2 carrier bags and her little black dog walking behind....she would have had plenty of room for a shovel.

Surprised it's not a little brown dog........