PDA

View Full Version : any Who fans??

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 21:23
switch on ITV4 right now

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 22:02
good call chobbers missed the begininng but i've got it on dvd(also got tommy and quadraphenia too).

melted_wellie
03-Jul-06, 23:25
i used to like The Who but wont watch them on principle. im also avoiding T in the Park this year as they are headlining it.

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 23:30
i used to like The Who but wont watch them on principle. im also avoiding T in the Park this year as they are headlining it.

Why is that? Im not into them but tell us how anyway? Surely theres better bands than them at T in the park?

melted_wellie
03-Jul-06, 23:35
Simply because of paedophile Pete.The guy should be sharin a cell with gary Glitter.

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 23:39
Simply because of paedophile Pete.The guy should be sharin a cell with gary Glitter.

Aye if thats the nonsense hes up to, castration would be a better idea methinks.

scorrie
03-Jul-06, 23:41

I hope Gary is getting a taste of his own medicine inside. My hopes were raised one day I heard that the Glitter "Band" was being reformed but it turned out it was just the group thinking about getting together again. Ah well.

By the way, what punishment was Paed Townsend given?

melted_wellie
03-Jul-06, 23:44
he was placed on the offenders register,escaped jail cause of depression and the likes,he says he was only downloading those sort of things for research. Yeah,and we are all zipped up the back!!!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Jul-06, 15:07
Heard the stories about Pete,and everybody will have their own personal opinion.When it comes to the band though,man they could rock.

Keith Moon one o' the best drummers to live.John Entwhistle,the bassist with the thumpin' backbeat.Pete Townsend,one o' the song writers o' the century and guitarists.Roger Daltrey,man he is one o' ma favourites,bar Bono and Robert Plant.

When it comes to the music....The Who rock!!!!:lol: :lol:

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 15:15
When it comes to the music....The Who rock!!!!:lol: :lol:

all there in that statement

I mean "I'm your wicked uncle Ernie, I'm glad you can't see or hear me" I mean come on...............doesn't take a sherlock to work it out does it

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Jul-06, 15:24
all there in that statement

I mean "I'm your wicked uncle Ernie, I'm glad you can't see or hear me" I mean come on...............doesn't take a sherlock to work it out does it

Its the"fiddle about,fiddle about",that got me Chobbers.I thought he just liked violins.[para]

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 17:24
Its the"fiddle about,fiddle about",that got me Chobbers.I thought he just liked violins.[para]

aye indeed although I've a suspicion he was writing about his wicked uncle as I'm led to believe Townsend was abused a kid

rockchick
04-Jul-06, 17:34
Hi there,

I hope this doesn't start a huge argument, but I have to stick up for Pete Townsend. His story rang true to me. He'd been a victim of paedophilia himself, and when trying to come to terms with the abuse that he suffered researched the "world" that had abused him. He was extremely open with the authorities when his credit card details came up in the sweep, and I think he dealt with the situation openly, honesty and with dignity. I didn't get the impression that he is a perpetrator, only a victim.

Gary Glitter, on the other hand, doesn't deserve enough spit to shine his shoe with!

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 17:37
I wonder if he had an uncle called Ernie because he was certainly very open & honest about it when he got caught

melted_wellie
04-Jul-06, 17:37
Hi there,

I hope this doesn't start a huge argument, but I have to stick up for Pete Townsend. His story rang true to me. He'd been a victim of paedophilia himself, and when trying to come to terms with the abuse that he suffered researched the "world" that had abused him. He was extremely open with the authorities when his credit card details came up in the sweep, and I think he dealt with the situation openly, honesty and with dignity. I didn't get the impression that he is a perpetrator, only a victim.

Gary Glitter, on the other hand, doesn't deserve enough spit to shine his shoe with!i think there are many other ways he could have as you say" trying to come to terms with what happened to him".......and i dont think paying for child abuse images is one of them.

rockchick
04-Jul-06, 17:53
i think there are many other ways he could have as you say" trying to come to terms with what happened to him".......and i dont think paying for child abuse images is one of them.

He said at the time it was stupid, but not sinister, and insisted right from the start that it was for research as he thought he may have been abused as a child. Sorry, if you're guilty you usually can come up with a better story than that!

Look, he didn't try to hide behind his celebrity, or make any outrageous claims to defend himself; just quietly told his side of the story with apparent honesty, took his punishment with as much dignity as was possible (after all, he did break the law, and even millionaires aren't above the law, or shouldn't be) and went on with his life.

I have no truck with paedophiles, but I don't think Pete Townsend falls into that category.