PDA

View Full Version : Talk Talk BB - Yes or NO?

DRM
31-Jul-10, 13:01
Had Talk Talk on the phone today offering combined BB and telephone service- already with T.T for phone but not sure about B/B - B/B presently woith Orange at 12.99 for wireless and talk get 3 meg speed and second phone line and unlimited downloads( its a loyalty rate i'm on been with them since freeserve") T/T offering £33.48 for phone and B/B reducing by £15 when exchange (Thurso) gets upgraded in next 2 months so would be 18.48 for all telephone and B/B
Question is should I go for it as they also say 5.5 mhz speed -
Answers please asap as they phoning back in a couple of hours
Thanks

Kodiak
31-Jul-10, 13:26
Personally I would not touch Talk-Talk even if they paid me. That includes their Telephone Service as well as their BroadBand.

In the end the decsion is yours and yours alone. Whatever you decide I hope that it all works out fine for you. Happy Surfing :D

Lady In Bed
31-Jul-10, 13:49
Have been with talktalk from the start. Both phone and BB. Had no problems with them whatsoever. However, NOT the fastest download speeds you can get in Thurso.

DRM
01-Aug-10, 09:56
Well I phoned Orange to see what they say and the lady there recemmended thst I wait a month or 2 to see if the exchange does get upgraded as they have no word of that happening and if I put my phone over to them they would be cheaper than Talk Talk including broadband and the same level of service - If the exchange gets upgraded it would be £17.50 for phone and B/B - Looks a good deal to me and "well its the customers choice" is what she said and no pressure unlike T/T

unicorn
01-Aug-10, 10:19
Talk talk are very sneaky, I have been with them for my phone for years but I recently discovered that if you change anything whatsoever with them ie they have you on a billing package that you didn't ask for and you get that changed back as it is their error they will slap you on a new 18 month contract and swear blind you were advised of this.
I have had a lot of recent phonecalls from them wanting to save me money and when I mentioned this fact and told them I am not interested they got quite shirty. So beware they are slippery as eels.

Beat Bug
01-Aug-10, 13:46
My daughter in Hertfordshire is with TT. Always having prolems. BB is down more often than not, but she's tied in with them for some time yet. The helpdesk there is so bad that she created a new email address with them, purely for contacting them (they are useless @ talk talk) They haven't twigged yet!!

onecalledk
01-Aug-10, 19:00
wouldnt touch talk talk with a barge pole. Was briefly with them for phone line until they stopped my phone. When I contacted them to ask why I had been cut off they swore that I had emailed them and requested the service stopped. Why then did you not write to me to double check or call I asked to no avail. Their solution was for me to rejoin BT, advise BT I was then leaving then rejoin Talk Talk!

no thanks, they have ZERO customer service skills, supposed manager was a rude as anything to me in any calls that I made. Their mistake meant me having no phone for a few weeks til BT could then reconnect me ....

BT may be a lot of things but they at least were helpful ...

K

Mik.M.
01-Aug-10, 20:27
Went with Talk Talk before because of their offer of free BB. 18 months later still no free BB so went back to BT. TT`s sales people tell lies to get you over to them then they don`t deliver what they promised you.