PDA

View Full Version : Stromness Vertorama

Mystical Potato Head
30-Jul-10, 22:11
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/Vertorama1flickr.jpg

wifie
30-Jul-10, 22:20
Fabulous pic! Not a dull day there then? ;)

Mystical Potato Head
30-Jul-10, 22:48
Fabulous pic! Not a dull day there then? ;)

Was dull for most of the day but the sky did clear a wee bit to show some blue for about an hour.Managed to get a nice walk and a few shots around the shore.

Sporran
31-Jul-10, 03:33
An interesting sky
And such lovely reflections
Pleasing to the eye! :)

tootie
31-Jul-10, 14:19
lovely pic thanks for sharing

bustergirl
31-Jul-10, 14:49
good pic how do u put more colour to them ?

Mystical Potato Head
01-Aug-10, 16:22
good pic how do u put more colour to them ?

The in camera settings allow you to adjust the saturation and contrast settings which can result in very colourful pictures similar to velvia film..

Do not overexpose,its probably the most common fault which results in brighter but paler,washed out colours colours.

A polarising filter will reduce brightness,increase contrast,which in turn will aslo result in richer,deeper colour.
So thats 3 ways to boost colour without resorting to photoshop,paint shop pro and other photo editing software.

In photoshop i used a skylight filter to increase the orange/brown colour of the houses.
Adjusted contrast,sharpened and of course merged the 2 shots together using photoshop to get the vertorama.
Heres a similar view just a long the shore a wee bit and the foreground colours have been photoshopped.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_1353copyflickr.jpg

kas
02-Aug-10, 00:02
Beautiful.
(I must be getting some tips on how to do landscapes from you. )

Kenn
02-Aug-10, 11:16
That's a stunner MPH, the 1st shot, just love how you have caught the light that highlights just a few of the buildings.

annthracks
02-Aug-10, 12:35
Beautiful.
(I must be getting some tips on how to do landscapes from you. )

Tip no.1, invest in a good wide angle lens :) for "easy" landscapes, although you might not like vertical edge distortion on building (for example).

wifie
02-Aug-10, 13:54
The edge distortion thing can look good but it can make my eyes feel weird lol :eek:

Mystical Potato Head
03-Aug-10, 17:08
Tip no.1, invest in a good wide angle lens :) for "easy" landscapes, although you might not like vertical edge distortion on building (for example).

Easily sorted though.

Liz
06-Aug-10, 22:51
Two more lovely photos MPH. Last one is now my puter's background.:D