PDA

View Full Version : Tugs will it Rain for Halkirk Games?

Kodiak
30-Jul-10, 18:54
Tugs can you give us a hint.

Will it be Dry or Wet for Tomorrows Highland Games ay Halkirk?

Sorry this is so late but It came around a lot faster than I thought.

changilass
30-Jul-10, 19:36
Even if its dry on the day, the carpark field will still be a quagmire.

Tugmistress
30-Jul-10, 21:48
Sorry for the late reply kodiak, i'm afraid it's looking like it could be quite persistent light drizzle especially after mid morning to lunch time. you *might* be lucky and get a thin covering of high cloud instead but be prepared for it to be wet :(
on the good side though it's going to be quite mild at around 15c and not a lot of wind, just a steady breeze of around 10mph ish

changilass
30-Jul-10, 21:50
Ohhh great, either soaked or bitten to death lol, will just have to enter all the races to get away from the midges :lol:.

Dadie
30-Jul-10, 21:51
So rain or midgies!
Or both:eek:

changilass
30-Jul-10, 21:52
Snap Dadie lol

Dadie
30-Jul-10, 21:57
Hubby came home from work today with in his mind interesting midgie facts.... apparently midgies have an optimum hover height of 2m and the people to get bitten most are tall men and fat women.
I get plagued by the critters and asked what catagory I fitted into...(Im 5'4" and 8st 10lbs) he went back to work!

elastic band
30-Jul-10, 22:02
Hi Tugs,

any idea what the weather is going to be like for BFEST on 14th August -we have friends coming up from south for it and asking what essentials etc to pack

many thanks

Tugmistress
30-Jul-10, 22:05
Hi Tugs,

any idea what the weather is going to be like for BFEST on 14th August -we have friends coming up from south for it and asking what essentials etc to pack

many thanks

What's BFEST??????????? :confused and where is it?

Remind me a bit nearer the time, i can usually be fairly accurate up to 5 days away :o but any more than that and the charts change too much for a forecast :(

spaceddaisy
30-Jul-10, 22:09
Am looking on the bright side, I love wearing wellies!

Kodiak
30-Jul-10, 22:16
Thanks a Bundle Tugs, You are an Angel. I do not know what we would do without you being here on the Org. :D

katarina
31-Jul-10, 16:07
Just came through Halkirk. dry and almost sunny. Weather was good until just before Watten, then the heavens literally opened. By the time we got to Wick it was dry again - but - oh dear - the rain seems to have followed us. and it bonfire night too!

Bazeye
31-Jul-10, 18:48
Right Tugmistress if youre that good whats the weather doing right now outside my lounge window?;)

Tugmistress
31-Jul-10, 19:29
Hang on Bazeye i'll get me binoculars out :lol:

dull but dry at the mo in Barrow with a fresh moderate breeze :Razz

Bazeye
31-Jul-10, 21:07
Absolutely spot on. Uncanny. [lol]

elastic band
01-Aug-10, 19:30
Hi Tugs,

BFEST is a one day music festival being held at the Riverside in Wick -we have friends coming up from South for it and have been asking us about the weather.

Would be lovely to have at least a dry day -sunshine a bonus.

thanks in advance