PDA

View Full Version : Premier inn & Travelodge Inverness 28th Aug

BRIE
30-Jul-10, 13:27
Is it just a coincidence or are the Premier Inn & Travelodge trying to cash in on the X Factor / Westlife Concert nights?
normal prices are £69-£79 a night yet this particular weekend prices are now £90-£117 a night! absolutely disgusting![evil]
If we were to stay at the Premier Inn once we had taken our daughter to the concert it would cost us £255! a weeks wage for some people!

Kodiak
30-Jul-10, 13:40
You could be correct that they are putting up their prices for this event. This what you call business and you do not have to stay there.

If you pay £90 for a Room, for that is how both of these Hotels charge by the room and Not per person, what is the other £165 for?

The Drunken Duck
30-Jul-10, 13:44
You cant blame them.

Anyone willing to pay money to pay to see the X Factor and Westlife is obviously a) gullible and b) has more money than sense.

No wonder they try to milk them for all their worth.

BRIE
30-Jul-10, 13:45
You could be correct that they are putting up their prices for this event. This what you call business and you do not have to stay there.

If you pay £90 for a Room, for that is how both of these Hotels charge by the room and Not per person, what is the other £165 for?

I was going off the Premier Inn price of £117 as this inc breakfast & then the price of 3 tickets for the concert.

Kodiak
30-Jul-10, 13:55
I was going off the Premier Inn price of £117 as this inc breakfast & then the price of 3 tickets for the concert.

So the total cost of Tickets and Hotel with breakfast is £255

If the Hotel and Breakfast is £117 then this means the Tickets are £138.

This means you are willing to pay £138 for Tickets to Westlife for maybe 2 hours yet you are not willing to Pay £117 for an Overnight stay and Breakfast for 3 People.

Well I think you will find it makes no difference now as I have just checked both Travelodge and Premier Inn. Both of these Hotels are now Fully Booked for the 28th August.

Corrie 3
30-Jul-10, 14:23
Buy a tent from Tesco, its much cheaper and theres nothing like breakfast cooked outdoors.

:cool::cool:

pegasus
30-Jul-10, 17:19
Anyone willing to pay money to pay to see the X Factor and Westlife is obviously a) gullible and b) has more money than sense.

No wonder they try to milk them for all their worth.

for once i agree with you DD:D

viking
30-Jul-10, 18:53
You could drive home after the concert? It would be a late night but I know of some folk who did this after Rod Stewart and it was ok - still a bit of light depending on the time, and quiet roads. Hope you have a nice time.

bagpuss
30-Jul-10, 20:06
if lots of people are going to the gigs- why not hire a bus? You don't have to be wide awake to be a passenger on the way home

BRIE
30-Jul-10, 23:45
tickets are a present for my daughters birthday. And at the time i posted both companies had rooms available but lucky for us we rent a flat in Inverness for our son so we will crash there for the weekend as college wont have started yet!!;)

Nacho
31-Jul-10, 00:18
tickets are a present for my daughters birthday. And at the time i posted both companies had rooms available but lucky for us we rent a flat in Inverness for our son so we will crash there for the weekend as college wont have started yet!!;)

if you've got a flat in Inverness why were you looking at booking a hotel ?

it's common practice for hotels etc to increase room rates when an event is happening nearby.

you should have rented your sons flat for the weekend and stayed at the Hilton !

BRIE
01-Aug-10, 14:06
if you've got a flat in Inverness why were you looking at booking a hotel ?

it's common practice for hotels etc to increase room rates when an event is happening nearby.

you should have rented your sons flat for the weekend and stayed at the Hilton !

We thought our son would be back at college by then so there wouldnt of been room for us all to stay.
wish id of thought of letting it out for the night;) could of done B&B & charged £70 a night would of payed the weeks rent! lol