PDA

View Full Version : New Wick High School - Consultation Process

Venture
30-Jul-10, 11:18
Wick High School - Funding totalling £34.17M, comprising £18.4M from the
Scottish Government and £15.77M from the Highland Council, has been approved and is now available for the construction of the new Wick High School.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B8565C9B-8C7E-4816-9C76-AF0F8E43C2D8/0/Item5ECS3110Part1.pdf

Section 4.1 to 4.4
Appendix A and 4

I would urge anyone who has an interest in the proposed new Wick High School to read the above document. Should the ECS committee accept the proposal put to them on 5th August, the official consultation will begin on 23rd August 2010 and conclude on 27th September, 2010.

It is vital that as many people as possible submit their views as part of the consultation process, particularly on their choice of site. I would imagine that details of the public meeting will be given at a later date.

Blarney
31-Jul-10, 02:10
Thanks for the info Venture and I hope that everyone does as you suggest before the numpties do irrepairable damage to the town and its heritage.

lynne duncan
31-Jul-10, 13:14
what really annoys me when you read these documents is that they are always projecting that the school rolls will fall and yet the nursery intakes for all four town schools has been increasing recently. would like to know how they can predict on birth rates?

katarina
31-Jul-10, 16:04
A very good point made by letter by Noss clyne in yesterdays JOJ. The land behind the north school would be ideal.