PDA

View Full Version : The MOD

Mrs Sweetie
30-Jul-10, 10:43
Can anyone provide a timetable for the MOD and say where the events are to take place please? I can't see the information on the web site or on the posters/fliers that have been issued and my emails have been unanswered. Many thanks. :)

gollach
30-Jul-10, 11:09
I think the Mod opens in Wick on Saturday 9th October. There will be all-day music in Market Square and a band playing in Wick on Saturday night plus a Fiddlers' Rally in the Assembly Rooms.

I think the piping competitions are being held that weekend in Wick, with the rest of the competitions in Thurso during the week. There will be programmes coming out nearer the time. I know that people are working to put these together just now.

Bazeye
30-Jul-10, 13:07
Anyone else think this was about the Ministry of Defence?

Kodiak
30-Jul-10, 13:10
Anyone else think this was about the Ministry of Defence?

Yup, I thought exactly the same and I was disappointed to find out it was not.

Mrs Sweetie
30-Jul-10, 13:34
Sorry folk, I've changed the title so no one else gets disapppointed. ;) Well I did change it but I see that has no bearing on the main menu. :roll:

Thanks gollach for those details. :)

SunsetSong
30-Jul-10, 22:49
Mrs sweetie.....there will be two mod programmes. One for the actual competiton events and another for the mod fringe events. As previously mentioned the piping etc is likely to be in wick in the early part of the week along with the junior competitions, drama and sports. The adult competitions are to be held in Thurso in the later part of the week, the culmination on the Friday with the choirs and then the mass choirs assembled on the Saturday, believe that's likely to be at the harbour in Thurso.

Mr P Cannop
31-Jul-10, 08:32
when will the massed pipe bands by playing ??

Mrs Sweetie
31-Jul-10, 13:56
Thanks SunsetSong; sounds like it's going to be really good.