PDA

View Full Version : The end of bullfighting ?

Nacho
30-Jul-10, 00:31
i've always thought bullfighting is a barbarous and cruel spectacle

since Catalonia has now banned it, i hope the rest of Spain will follow suit and call an end to it for once and for all.

i know it's an old tradition which brings in lots of money and i'll certainly miss seeing the matador getting a bull's horn up his jacksy, but i think it's worth giving these things up to end the torment of the bulls.

http://cantlookaway.com/wp-content/gallery/accidents/Matador+Gored+In+The+Butt.jpg

ducati
30-Jul-10, 09:47
About time. Always hated the Spanish (and Mexican's) FOR THIS ONE REASON.

Although the mediteranian's in general attitude to animals stinks. :mad:

Lingland
30-Jul-10, 10:29
I hope this ends soon it is barbaric but it has a strong following they go crazy shouting ole ole so I think it will be later rather than sooner unfortunatley a lot of animals will be tortured to a slow lingering submission to the sword of death.

welsh-witch
30-Jul-10, 10:42
its a horrible "sport" lets hope its banned very very soon everywhere!

_Ju_
30-Jul-10, 11:50
About time. Always hated the Spanish (and Mexican's) FOR THIS ONE REASON.

Although the mediteranian's in general attitude to animals stinks. :mad:

What a sweeping statement. Just about the same as me hating the British for fox hunting. Or hating 20 year old male drivers because they (statistically) tend to be dangerous drivers!
It is also an ignorant statement because not only Spain and Mexico have bullfighting. Nor are they even the only countries where the bull is killed in the ring.
While I can agree that there needs to be improvement in the treatment of animals in many european countries. Especially the situation of animals that are abandoned or are left to procreate indiscriminately. But the economic situation of these countries is completely different to here. While they are obligated to the same animal welfare standard, the resources available are alot less. That does not, ofcourse, excuse cruelty. But expecting countries where the average national wage is 500 euros/month to maintain their pets to the same standard as here is not realistic.
I would also like to point out that the way some animals are treated here is tantemount to cruelty. Pets that get no excercise, live on treats and are not allowed to carry out their instinctive behaviours (such as, for example, the small breed dogs bought as fashion acessories that live dolled up in their owners carrying purses) are also suffering for their welfare.

ducati
30-Jul-10, 18:45
What a sweeping statement. Just about the same as me hating the British for fox hunting. Or hating 20 year old male drivers because they (statistically) tend to be dangerous drivers!
It is also an ignorant statement because not only Spain and Mexico have bullfighting. Nor are they even the only countries where the bull is killed in the ring.
While I can agree that there needs to be improvement in the treatment of animals in many european countries. Especially the situation of animals that are abandoned or are left to procreate indiscriminately. But the economic situation of these countries is completely different to here. While they are obligated to the same animal welfare standard, the resources available are alot less. That does not, ofcourse, excuse cruelty. But expecting countries where the average national wage is 500 euros/month to maintain their pets to the same standard as here is not realistic.
I would also like to point out that the way some animals are treated here is tantemount to cruelty. Pets that get no excercise, live on treats and are not allowed to carry out their instinctive behaviours (such as, for example, the small breed dogs bought as fashion acessories that live dolled up in their owners carrying purses) are also suffering for their welfare.

Whatever :roll:

_Ju_
30-Jul-10, 19:42
Your eloquent refutation has me utterly conviced! You obviously enjoy the use of words in a childish context, such "hate" or "whatever" (with or without a childish shrug of the shoulders?):lol:

ducati
30-Jul-10, 22:27
Your eloquent refutation has me utterly conviced! You obviously enjoy the use of words in a childish context, such "hate" or "whatever" (with or without a childish shrug of the shoulders?):lol:

OK. I was just trying to convey, without getting into a ridiculous discussion, that I am completely unconcerned with what you think, whilst being completely comfortable with what I think.:Razz

See; Whatever :roll: is quicker

M R
30-Jul-10, 22:42
http://cantlookaway.com/wp-content/gallery/accidents/Matador+Gored+In+The+Butt.jpg

Thats got to hurt, is it wrong to enjoy watching the people getting hurt, rather than the animals ? [evil]

Nacho
30-Jul-10, 23:22
is it wrong to enjoy watching the people getting hurt, rather than the animals ? [evil]

not when it's those people that are hurting the animals

http://www.anecdotage.com/pics/bullfighter2.jpg

i hope they lubricate the horns before a fight, i don't want the matador to suffer too much

M R
30-Jul-10, 23:56
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough//files/2010/07/cr_mega_4_RTR2G9KS.jpg

_Ju_
31-Jul-10, 00:20
OK. I was just trying to convey, without getting into a ridiculous discussion, that I am completely unconcerned with what you think, whilst being completely comfortable with what I think.:Razz

See; Whatever :roll: is quicker

Then you have an issue with my ridiculous opinion or with the discussion of aspects of your opinion. If it is the latter, a discussion board is really the wrong place for you to express your opinions. A better format might be a blog or your facebook page, where others opinions are not relevant and can be censored by yourself. If it has to do with what you consider the ridiculosity of what I had to say, it is no more absurd than the opinion you expressed and I am just as entitled as you to post on the matter.

But maybe "whatever" is a simpler way putting it in terms you can grasp? Either way, since I am sure that having the last word is very important to you, I'll avoid making any further comments to anything you have to say. ;)

Nacho
31-Jul-10, 00:25
i appreciate what you're sying Ju, but can we please get back to the main issue here...

that being matadors getting horns up their jacksy

http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-content/bull.jpg

Nacho
31-Jul-10, 00:26
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough//files/2010/07/cr_mega_4_RTR2G9KS.jpg

either his hats too tight or the guy behind him is removing something ... answers on a postcard please

ducati
31-Jul-10, 07:50
Then you have an issue with my ridiculous opinion or with the discussion of aspects of your opinion. If it is the latter, a discussion board is really the wrong place for you to express your opinions. A better format might be a blog or your facebook page, where others opinions are not relevant and can be censored by yourself. If it has to do with what you consider the ridiculosity of what I had to say, it is no more absurd than the opinion you expressed and I am just as entitled as you to post on the matter.

But maybe "whatever" is a simpler way putting it in terms you can grasp? Either way, since I am sure that having the last word is very important to you, I'll avoid making any further comments to anything you have to say. ;)

Whatever :roll: