PDA

View Full Version : What's your phobia?

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 22:51
What's everyone's phobia? Mine is mainly cows but also as I get older I am getting worse cos I now am not keen on horses and terrified of camels, does anyone have any strange fears?

lassieinfife
02-Jul-06, 22:53
just the usual spiders moths n jennylonglegs ................. shudders

ice box
02-Jul-06, 22:54
Sorry to say this but mines is spiders i cant stand the but will on them

i have a shiver going down my spine just thinking about it saying that i dont mind money spider but the big ones no thanks .

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 22:54
Just needles.

krieve
02-Jul-06, 22:59
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_39v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_11_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 23:04
Rats & bingobabes is dive bombing skorries[lol]

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 23:08
I dont like spiders but I would rather have a spider in my hand than a cow anywhere near me.

Foxy
02-Jul-06, 23:09
I don't like spiders or heights

Big G
02-Jul-06, 23:09
i HATE wasps and i also hate being squashed in a small space - chlostraphobic? (Spelling prob)

changilass
02-Jul-06, 23:10
Bees and wasps, am absolutly petrified after putting my leg against a wasps nest when I was about 5

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 23:11
I have a fear of deep water..:(

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 23:12
Dentists [evil]

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 23:13
I have a fear of deep water..:(

No Bath in yer house?[lol]

changilass
02-Jul-06, 23:15
Dentists [evil]

Definately agree with you on that one Connie:(

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 23:15
I got stung under the arm in my glands by a huge tree wasp in Turkey and the pain was horrendous my whole arm went red and it felt like it was on fire for hours, so not sure if I am allergic or if it was just the fact of these wasps being about 2 inches in size and stung in a bad place, but I avoid wasps lots now cos I dont like pain :)

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 23:17
Driving in the snow, I hate it!!:~(

Bingobabe
02-Jul-06, 23:35
MMMMMMMM were do i start scorries,any kind of bird really,wasps,bees,neddles,ect ect:eek:

Fran
03-Jul-06, 01:11
i'm terrified of flying but still do it if i have to, i'm ill for days before i have to fly, and same on the return trip.
also driving in snow drifts and when the snow gates are closed, hate it.

abalone
03-Jul-06, 01:18
Many years ago I lived abroad.The first night there I woke in the night,put the light on and cockroaches were crawling over my pillow. THEY'RE my phobia.

Margaret M.
03-Jul-06, 01:25
Heights! I wouldn't be too chuffed seeing roaches anywhere but especially not on my pillow.

newpark
03-Jul-06, 08:40
Mine is needles, can't even take the dog for her booster shots as scared they will inject me instead, Mum takes her.

candyfloss
03-Jul-06, 09:28
I really hate heights, and hate the swimming pool too, i always had an excuse every week when we had swimming at the high school cos i just could'nt face going in it

phoenix
03-Jul-06, 11:53
Meeting other Orgers!!!!!:eek:

zebedy
03-Jul-06, 13:58
mines is the dark:( :~(

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 14:08
i used to be terrified of hieghts , cured myself of that by doing a static line parachute jump. unfortunately my other phobia is moths , i have traced this back to the times when iwas going through my training in theforces, at night i used to read in bed (the light was built into the head board above your head) i would fall asleep with the light on , in the middle of the night i would awake to the big hairy things bouncing of the light . i still makes me shudder to think of them . (please not that the moths in the south of england are massive compared to their caithness cousins)

cuddlepop
03-Jul-06, 14:26
WAsps,klegs,bees anything that can give me a nasty sting i'm nervous around as i'll swell up like a ballon if one bites.

taylor.4
03-Jul-06, 18:06
Thunder and lightening i'm totally terrified, used to cover mirrors and open windows.

obiron
03-Jul-06, 18:20
hate climbing ladders. heights dont bother me its just climbing the ladder. am ok up till about 3 rungs on our stepladder before i feel masel swaying.

simpsoney
03-Jul-06, 19:19
Mine is stickers. People in the street with charity tins who put a sticker on you makes me cringe!

Dave Taylor
03-Jul-06, 19:26
Looking down from the top of a high building.
I can handle mountain tops, but not those
perspective lines converging towards the
ground. Even worse, looking down a long
way over water. Brings me out in a sweat just
writing about it -- second thoughts, it's
thirty degrees plus here right now;)

_awayoflife_
03-Jul-06, 19:29
Feet!! i totally hate them!! and water, like swimmin pools or sea and stuff after almost drowning.

katarina
03-Jul-06, 19:36
Many years ago I lived abroad.The first night there I woke in the night,put the light on and cockroaches were crawling over my pillow. THEY'RE my phobia.

Oh no! don't even remind me! My worst ever holiday horror! And they are so ugly!!!!! I'd rather sleep on a park bench than in a roach infested room!

sassylass
03-Jul-06, 20:11
Oh no! don't even remind me! My worst ever holiday horror! And they are so ugly!!!!! I'd rather sleep on a park bench than in a roach infested room!

EEEEEK you've brought back an awful memory....years ago leaving a ballet class and walking into the dressing room there on the collar of my favourite red coat was a HUGE cockroach with it's antennae wriggling at me EEEEEEEK I could never wear that coat again, gave it to my sister.

Loafer
03-Jul-06, 20:15
Definately heights, bees and wasps. Was stung as a bairn and am now terrified of any buzzing and stinging creatures. I used to be fine with heights, goodness knows why I am so bad now!

The Loafer

tiggertoo
03-Jul-06, 20:54
jus as weel there nae camels in caithness en

tisme
03-Jul-06, 21:12
Dentists, needles, wasps, spiders, beasties in general. BIG dogs, definately the dark, yip deep water too, although I am fasinated by the sea and stand and look into it for ages at a time, but don't put me in it. - OMG I am such a fierdy...........

mareng
03-Jul-06, 22:03
What's everyone's phobia? Mine is mainly cows but also as I get older I am getting worse cos I now am not keen on horses and terrified of camels, does anyone have any strange fears?

Mmm......... I was going to say that you should move to Castletown as I've never seen any camels there, but then noticed that cows are on your hitlist.

Tough one.

katarina
03-Jul-06, 22:24
EEEEEK you've brought back an awful memory....years ago leaving a ballet class and walking into the dressing room there on the collar of my favourite red coat was a HUGE cockroach with it's antennae wriggling at me EEEEEEEK I could never wear that coat again, gave it to my sister.

Only one? how would you like to have to sleep in a bedroom full of them? EEEEEEK! I put on the light and they scattered. I moved the bed from the wall and there were hundreds down there! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! fast and ugly. I took a sleeping tablet and left the light on, dozing periodically whilst sitting upright. and all that in Monte Carlo! Had a big fall out with hubby coz he thought i was over reacting and wouldn't let me go and sleep on a park bench. they won't hurt you, says he.
Oh! I'm scratching all over at the memory!!!!!!
Worst thing was - no one else in our party seemed to mind! I've never lived it down! thank goodness - there's someone out there who understands!
another EEEEEEEEEK just for good measure.

katarina
03-Jul-06, 22:27
Thunder and lightening i'm totally terrified, used to cover mirrors and open windows.

My granny used to do that,then hide under the bed!

unicorn
03-Jul-06, 22:31
The camels phobia was discovered on holiday when this wee man used to take camel round so you could get your picture taken on it. I used to hear it's bell ringing as it approached and take off :)

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 22:31
I remember on ma honeymoon, we were in Tenerife, comin back to our hotel then goin up the stairs ,(dimly lit) & hearing crunch crunch, wondering what was going on? We got round a corner & saw what it was!! hundreds of the wee things scarpering out the way of my size nine death to the beasties machines:Razz . I wonder how many I took out that night? well it was dark & not intentional, although I bet Katarina`s smiling reading this.LOL

crystal
03-Jul-06, 23:13
hmmmm....i havent found my fobia yet but i think that i will coz i dont think any one is sceard of nothing everyone is sceard of something.

melted_wellie
03-Jul-06, 23:17
Dentists, needles, wasps, spiders, beasties in general. BIG dogs, definately the dark, yip deep water too, although I am fasinated by the sea and stand and look into it for ages at a time, but don't put me in it. - OMG I am such a fierdy...........im surprised you actually go out!!!

heretodaygonetomorrow
04-Jul-06, 12:25
just the usual spiders moths n jennylonglegs ................. shudders

I can't believe that Ive found someone who has the same irrational fears as myself ie. spiders ,moths, daddylonglegs ,oh and my other one....butterflies.:eek:

My poor husband, the nights I used to wake him up to chase some daddylonglegs or moths around the room while I hide under the covers ,not so easy to do without his contact lenses.Still it's much better now that I have insect screens on my windows,But I still check around rooms before entering just in case!!

Oh and I know how stupid this is,at least I haven't passed it on to my daughters.:)

tisme
04-Jul-06, 19:23
im surprised you actually go out!!! I find the half bottle of vodka a day usually calms me down[lol]

rockchick
06-Jul-06, 07:06
There's plenty I don't like: dentists, wasps and needles, but I can control my shudders there. I even give blood every chance I get!

My absolutely blinding panic-type phobia is bats. Rats with wings...can't stand them.

LRM
06-Jul-06, 09:09
have a horrible feeling when on a boat, never feel sick but petrified we are going to sink!! Been that way since Herald of Free Enterprise capsized when I was younger. I never pray, but did the last time I was on the Gills ferry!!! My kids laugh at me. My hubby hates bees, I know there is one in the garden when I can see him ducking and diving and running in the house and then he always shouts "is there anything on my back" incase a bee has attached itself to him.... Kids often tell hime there is a bee on his back and he goes into panic mode while we all fall about laughing

RockChick84
06-Jul-06, 10:16
I have a phobia of certain words and I never ever say them and hate when anyone says them, they are - cookies, bookies, pudding and other words that sound like them. It's weird I know, but they make me cringe.

pops
06-Jul-06, 11:29
my fears are heights, flying and lifts. I cant stand going in a lift although when we stayed in a hotel and we were on the 23rd floor!!!!! i was made to use the lift! :(

sassylass
14-Jul-06, 20:10
ok I think I have a new phobia :eek:

Couple weeks ago, I nearly stepped on a garter snake in my garden and after I calmed my heart the snake was forgiven, he must certainly be taking care of bugs and rodents for me. I know he is harmless, but for some reason I couldn't go outside barefoot anymore hmmmm. Days later, I almost stepped on the snake again, he was bigger and longer and I swear he had red glowing eyes eeeeek. Everytime I ventured outside I had my eye to the ground and crept slowly along, could not stop thinking about that snake!

Just now I put my shoes on, walked out back, and there he is, HUGE now, sunning himself along the wall. Just as he lunged for my throat, I turned tail and ran into the house. What to do, what to do? Hubby is at work, sooooooo I called my dad and he is rushing over with his butterfly net, to do a catch and release manouver. Hopefully he'll catch that snake and take him far up the hill to a new happy home.
*shiverrrrrrrr*

scorriebasher
14-Jul-06, 20:24
heights, i get a nose bleed standing on a stool lol

canuck
14-Jul-06, 20:35
Just now I put my shoes on, walked out back, and there he is, HUGE now, sunning himself along the wall. Just as he lunged for my throat, I turned tail and ran into the house. What to do, what to do? Hubby is at work, sooooooo I called my dad and he is rushing over with his butterfly net, to do a catch and release manouver. Hopefully he'll catch that snake and take him far up the hill to a new happy home.
*shiverrrrrrrr*

Sassylass, I am just a phone call away if it turns ugly.

Ricco
14-Jul-06, 20:37
I'm scared of upsetting Niall!! [para]

;)

htwood
14-Jul-06, 20:38
the sound of thunder makes my blood run cold even though the lightning is so beautiful. Hate anything that flutters in my face, also furry spiders that jump, but not the pretty garden spiders. Also blood tests, Ive warned the doctors, when i faint, dont you put that ammonia ampule at my nose, i promise you I will come awake with both fists swinging.

poor sassy, glad the Great White Hunter is on his way to save you. Poor wee snakey, just trying to have a lovely sunbask....

blondscot
14-Jul-06, 23:37
terrified of daddylonglegs! and hairy moths!

Ojibwa
15-Jul-06, 01:54
Going through a carwash, or in a lift.

canuck
15-Jul-06, 02:27
Ojibwa, you are back with us. Great to see you again. I see that you are back to this wonderful land.

young_fishin_neep
15-Jul-06, 02:27
the sound of thunder makes my blood run cold even though the lightning is so beautiful.
i hate thunder it makes me cry, it thundered realy bad when i first moved up here and i was in school (high school!!!)and i burst out crying lol the only time i dont mind it it when i feel safe in my own house iwth my mum or dad

i also hate flying, only done it once and hopefully never again, i thinkive watched the die hard films to many times and films with a similar plot (plane crashes and explosions and hijackings)

(a now very embarrased)kaz xx

canuck
15-Jul-06, 03:09
i hate thunder it makes me cry, it thundered realy bad when i first moved up here and i was in school (high school!!!)and i burst out crying lol the only time i dont mind it it when i feel safe in my own house iwth my mum or dad

i also hate flying, only done it once and hopefully never again, i thinkive watched the die hard films to many times and films with a similar plot (plane crashes and explosions and hijackings)

(a now very embarrased)kaz xx

No need to feel badly when you talk to us. I certainly understand how you feel about thunder. I used to be terrified of it. But it is one of those things that mellows a bit with age. Perhaps one of the great things about living in Caithness the 4 months I was there is that we had no thunder storms. They had some violent ones down Aberdeen way, but none in Wick.

As for flying, that phobia also may go away. I remember as a seven year old crying my eyes out the first time I flew. And I didn't have any die hard movies to put me off. That aspect of my life has thankfully disappeared. I think that if I were 40 years younger I might consider training to be an astronaut. You just might get back into the sky again!

Phobias now? Well the e word that I'm not sure if we can say on the forum. It ends with lephant.

Margaret M.
15-Jul-06, 03:55
For those who don't like thunder be thankful you're in Scotland. I also had a big fear of it but now that it occurs almost on a daily basis during the summer months, I'm kinda used to it.

Escalators make me cringe -- going down more so than going up, especially if it is steep and I'm carrying stuff.

Studio66
15-Jul-06, 10:05
I am absolutely petrified of birds, if there is a pigeon on the street in front of me I'll cross the road rather than walk past it. Think it started when I was about 4 and got chased by chickens, they were probably about the same size as me then! :D

_Ju_
15-Jul-06, 14:43
dentists..... I get the begeebers just reading or writing the word.....

mccaugm
15-Jul-06, 16:59
Birds in enclosed spaces (i.e when some idiot lets one loose when you visit them), thunder, lightening, slaters, forkie tails. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!