PDA

View Full Version : Latheron show and the birds.

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 20:24
Anyone going along to Latheron show on the 8th?
Hubby and the kids are taking their birds so it'll give some of you a chance to see them if ya fancy it.
There'll only be the three birds this time - 1 Eagle Owl, 1 Barn Owl and 1 Buzzard (The recent escapee)
It'll be their first time to such a thing so we're trying to prepare for every eventuality.
There'll be a couple of SPCA collection tins there too!!!!:D :D

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 20:51
I hope you keep them away from the rabbit tent :o

teuchter
02-Jul-06, 20:55
Any small yappy dogs in the dog show are fair game tho. Happy hunting.

krieve
02-Jul-06, 20:57
will probably be there, will we see you there porshiepoo ? lol

ice box
02-Jul-06, 21:58
I will be there showing cattle .

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 22:33
well if I come I wont come say hi ice box cos I am petrified of cows.......:(

ice box
02-Jul-06, 22:41
well if I come I wont come say hi ice box cos I am petrified of cows.......:(
never there more scared off you than you of them there harmless

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 22:42
I am not kidding you, was chased by a limosine bull as a bairn and now if a cow comes near me I freeze and hyperventilate and nearly throw up!!!

brandy
02-Jul-06, 22:48
we are thinking about going and taking the kids .. how much does it cost by the by?

ice box
02-Jul-06, 22:51
I am not kidding you, was chased by a limosine bull as a bairn and now if a cow comes near me I freeze and hyperventilate and nearly throw up!!!
well you will have to come and see me so we can get you over this fear lol

krieve
02-Jul-06, 22:52

I had a similar experience when i was about 6 i was walking the the beach with my mum and our dog. We were chased by a park full of young cows i was terrifed :~( and i still scared of them now, I am even scared of sheep as well. lmao [lol]

Foxy
02-Jul-06, 23:14
Krieve how can you be afraid of sheep they are harmless?

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 23:17
well you will have to come and see me so we can get you over this fear lol
Hubby tried that but it made it worse cos the cows all came after me!!!!

krieve
02-Jul-06, 23:21
baa baa i don't mind lambs but sheep i'm not sure what it is i think it's boils down to being chased by the cows, i have also been chased by a horse. I am not as scared of the sheep as i used to be because i get dragged round the black isle show every year looking at the sheep and cows. lol

porshiepoo
03-Jul-06, 11:00
will probably be there, will we see you there porshiepoo ? lol

Yep probably! :D

Ricco
03-Jul-06, 12:53
Ahh - watch out for the wee bunnies..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/eagle4.gif

crofter
07-Jul-06, 00:14
Anyone going along to Latheron show on the 8th?
Hubby and the kids are taking their birds so it'll give some of you a chance to see them if ya fancy it.
There'll only be the three birds this time - 1 Eagle Owl, 1 Barn Owl and 1 Buzzard (The recent escapee)
It'll be their first time to such a thing so we're trying to prepare for every eventuality.
There'll be a couple of SPCA collection tins there too!!!!:D :D
Yes I'll be there, look forward to seeing the owls not so sure about the buzzard though. I think Jambo's going too with his Belgian Blue heifer.

jambo
07-Jul-06, 07:38
yes crofter ill be there with my belgian blue.

unicorn
08-Jul-06, 17:17
How did today go with the birdies porshie??

porshiepoo
08-Jul-06, 17:36
Brilliant! The birds seemed to enjoy themselves mostly and were relaxed enough for us to be able to let people hold them if they were quiet - which we didn't think we'd be able to do.
Paris - the escapee buzzard was there - and even she seemed calm after she'd given us an initial fright - we clipped her to a temporary ring on her stand by accident and off she went again in the exact same area as last time. Luckily Stacey has done alot of work with her since her last bout of freedom and Paris didn't go far so stacey managed to walk up to her and get her back. Justin the SPCA man was on hand with his net but thankfully it wasn't needed.
The Eagle owl did very well, alot calmer than we thought she'd be for her first time out.
The barn owl was a big hit, he's so tame and doesn't really mind anyone. Eventually he started to bite a bit though so we took that as our cue to get them home, they'd had enough.

It was nice to be able to give people the chance to see these type of birds up close - it would have been nicer if they'd not been on a moult as they look a bit ropey - but it gave the kids a treat anyway (and many adults too).

So how many orgers went?????? I should have put a big sign out the front saying 'orgers introduce yourselves'. I felt at a slight disadvantage cos many people knew who I was but I knew no one :confused

jambo
08-Jul-06, 18:20
saw ur birds today and was well impressed on how tame they were.

porshiepoo
08-Jul-06, 18:44
saw ur birds today and was well impressed on how tame they were.

Thanks! Stacey has done especially well with the buzzard because she was wild originally. I don't think she'll ever be 100% but if all she can do with her is things such as today I think she'll be chuffed.

Glad you enjoyed them! :)

Moira
09-Jul-06, 10:50

So how many orgers went?????? I should have put a big sign out the front saying 'orgers introduce yourselves'. I felt at a slight disadvantage cos many people knew who I was but I knew no one :confused

Sounds as if you had a great day. I didn't manage to go after all - if I had, I most certainly would have introduced myself to you & the birds :) Are you planning taking the birds to any other local shows or games this season?

katarina
09-Jul-06, 11:03
Well i liked the donkleys best! lovely little things - I want one!

paris
09-Jul-06, 11:41
Glad you had a good time pooie! jan x

Moira
09-Jul-06, 12:47
Photos now on front page - excellent!

porshiepoo
09-Jul-06, 13:11
Noooooooooooooooo! I always hide from the camera! O.M.G. :lol:
Stacey & leanne will love seeing their birds on the org. They're friend is also in one as well so I guess she'll love it too.:lol:

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 13:17
Photos now on front page - excellent!Whereabout on the first page? I can't see them..:(

Moira
09-Jul-06, 13:22
Front page of the Org - not the messageboard:roll:

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 13:23
Front page of the Org - not the messageboard:roll:I wonder why it's not on mine yet?:confused: That's odd!!