PDA

View Full Version : Fake Cream

kitty
28-Jul-10, 15:44
Just wandering if anyone has any idea how to make the fake cream or something similar to what the bakers use in their cakes? :D

Scunner
28-Jul-10, 16:26
I have old recipes for 'mock cream' - used during wartime I think - will look them out if you like

kitty
28-Jul-10, 16:40
I have old recipes for 'mock cream' - used during wartime I think - will look them out if you like

That'd be brilliant. Thanks Scunner :)

Scunner
28-Jul-10, 18:18
MOCK CREAM

1 Gill milk
1 Dessert spoon cornflour
1.5Teaspoon caster sugar
1oz Margarine
Vanilla essence

Method

Make a stiff cornflour paste with milk, boil for 3 minutes, allow to get cold.
Cream Margarine and sugar, gradually add cornflour mixture and vanilla essence.

I have never tried this, but I've taken it from an old handwritten recipe book - good luck

Swannie
28-Jul-10, 20:05
My mother used to make this for cream horns for church sales/teas. I loved it - better than real cream as it was fatty. Hope it works for you.:)

Allsorts
29-Jul-10, 23:07
wonder if it will work with soya milk to make a milk free cream...will have to try

ANNIE
01-Aug-10, 08:46
u get a dairy free cream from tesco its on the shelf with the gluten free and health foods. aian a white carton its great u can whiop it up like whipped cream and tastes lush

Scunner
03-Aug-10, 09:16
has anyone tried this recipe yet, as I would like to know if it is any good. Too lazy to try it myself.

kel24
03-Aug-10, 16:33
I personally don't like fresh cream, so i use dream topping sachets for the middle of cakes etc. it's really easy to mix and tasty! :)

kitty
12-Aug-10, 14:13
has anyone tried this recipe yet, as I would like to know if it is any good. Too lazy to try it myself.

Hi Scunner. I've not tried the recipe yet but will be trying tomorrow so will let you know then :)