PDA

View Full Version : Found - cockerel

badger
28-Jul-10, 15:25
Not sure where to post this but a friend of mine without computer has asked me to post. Beautiful cockerel found near Sibmister Farm, think it may have escaped en route to a show or something. Finder is looking after it but doesn't really have suitable accommodation so would like to return to owner.

horsegirl
28-Jul-10, 19:25
Sibmister farm have alot of birds and ducks. might b theres and if not they might b able to help

badger
28-Jul-10, 21:04
I assumed they had asked there as it was found nearby but will mention it.

chaz
28-Jul-10, 21:05
If they need a temp loan of a small run im sure i could find one:)

badger
29-Jul-10, 21:47
Thanks Chaz - I'll pass message on.

Liz
30-Jul-10, 13:31
Well done to your friend for taking the cockerel in.

I found a hen the other week whilst on a walk and carried it to the nearest place which I knew kept chickens and ducks. Thankfully, he recognised it as one of his although he had given it to someone else.
I was so relieved as was not easy manoeuvering a hen and a walking stick! By the way it was me who needed the walking stick not the hen!:lol:

Has your friend contacted the SSPCA in case someone has reported it missing? Also, worth putting notices up in the Vets and shops.

badger
02-Aug-10, 13:09
Sorry couldn't get back in over weekend to report. Cockerel has found a new home so another happy ending

Liz - have a lovely vision of you walking a chicken along. Thanks for a nice pic. :)

Liz
02-Aug-10, 13:30
Glad the cockerel has a nice new home.

Ha ha Badger it must have been a strange sight me going for a walk with a hen tucked under my arm!:lol: