PDA

View Full Version : Newtonhill Woodland

Loafer
02-Jul-06, 19:54
The breadlady and my good self recently found out about the Newtonhill Woodland and decided to have a walk around. It was lovely, apart from the fact I got my trainers covered in dog dirt. We decided it would be a great place to take my in-laws to as my mother-in-law requires to get about on a motability buggy.

We went round today. It was a lovely but............ yet again the dog dirt spoiled what is a lovely area to walk in. My mother-in-law's buggy wheels got clartered in dog muck and my father-in-law managed to get his shoes covered in it.

As I am from the west of the county, could some of you Orgers from the east of the county enlighten me if this lovely area is the dog toilet of Wick?

If so it would be a damn shame for such a lovely area with some of the most beautiful trees and flowers be spoilt by some irresponsible dog owners.

The Loafer

janette
02-Jul-06, 20:17
for loafer

Did it put you off your tea?????????????

Loafer
02-Jul-06, 20:25
Were you in the Pentland were you? Sorry I didn't see you!!!

The Loafer

tiggertoo
02-Jul-06, 20:30
the whole o week is a dog toilet, its everywhere, we are dirty weekers afterall

Loafer
02-Jul-06, 20:38
Wick always looks lovely to me whenever I go through it. People are always friendly, I would live there if I didna have to travel 40 extra miles a day back and forth to the power plant!

The Loafer

krieve
02-Jul-06, 20:46
I understand why you are annoyed loafer what does it take for dog owners to pick up there dogs poo!! I am a dog owner and i always pick up after my dog. why can't other dog owners have the decency of doing the same thing.

krieve
02-Jul-06, 20:48
the whole o week is a dog toilet, its everywhere, we are dirty weekers afterall
Speak for yourself tiggertoo I'm not dirty i'm clean lol

mike.mckenzie
02-Jul-06, 20:56
You know what, I have bought a house on a new estate here in Liverpool and there's a few people here ruinng it for eveyone with their dogs and not cleaning up after them. Disgusting.

I would shoot them if I was allowed. ASBO's aren't enough. And one of them parks in my place.

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 21:01
I reckon it should be acceptable to shovel it back through the offending owners letterbox, after all if I have to trek it through my carpet cos they are so lazy then they should have to clean it off of theirs!!

krieve
02-Jul-06, 21:08
I reckon it should be acceptable to shovel it back through the offending owners letterbox, after all if I have to trek it through my carpet cos they are so lazy then they should have to clean it off of theirs!!
Good one unicorn, a couple of doors up from me there is this little dog it's owners never take it out for a walk the owners just open the door and let it come and poo in my garden. I'm so tempted to try your method unicorn lol

unicorn
02-Jul-06, 21:17
I bet we would get fined for causing damage if we did though ;)

evelyn
02-Jul-06, 22:29
I appreciate what you are saying, Loafer. I was there this morning and there were lots of jobbies on the paths....the worst I've seen it for a while.
There is really no excuse as there are bags free as you go in the gate and 2 poo bins on the pathway.
Its probably one or two dog owners giving the rest of us a bad name.
Sadly there has been some vandalism in the woodland too...broken trees and uprooted saplings.
Its a pity because this is a very nice walk with access for all.
evelyn

ice box
03-Jul-06, 11:10
There always someone there to spoil the fun can people not respect the place we live in .

rockchick
04-Jul-06, 18:07
Unfortunately the Highland Council, who have the running of Newtonhill Woodland, can only do so much. They provide free dogbags at the entrance, provide dogbins both at the entrance and half-way around, and have posted signs requesting that owners pick up after their dogs, and warnings about the consequences should they not do so. Short of following every dog owner and smacking them with a stick when necessary (did I just recommend corporal punishment??? what's wrong with the world!) there just isn't anything else they can do.

It is a pity, as it is a really lovely walk.