PDA

View Full Version : greenhouse

pink
02-Jul-06, 18:21
Thinking of buying one but dont know where to start !!
Where is the best place to get one up here ?

janette
02-Jul-06, 19:07
Had a wooden one built specially for me. Some of the greenhouses are a bit light for the Caithness breezes.

marksay
06-Jul-06, 21:51
can i ask where you had your greenhouse made, was it local? With the wind in caithness i want one that wont blow away during the first gales of winter, and was it expensive?

janette
06-Jul-06, 22:25
Made locally, and it is a big house. 19feet x 12ft and yes it was quite expensive but it is solid. Some of the aluminium ones are paper thin.

pink
07-Jul-06, 19:51
Would it be just about the same price or dearer for a smaller one then?
I am only looking at maybe a 6 by 8 foot so maybe a local made one would be better.

sweep
07-Jul-06, 19:51
check out the stands at the county show next week, there are usually displays of greenhouses there. my mum and dad bought the display one at a reduced price one year.

pink
07-Jul-06, 19:53
Cheers sweep I forgot about that. is it in thurso this year? I can never remember!!

marksay
07-Jul-06, 20:04
thanks for the info janette, i too was looking for something slightly smaller.See you all at the county show where the greenhouses are!!!!!!

sweep
09-Jul-06, 17:06
county show is in thurso this year, friday and saturday remember so get in quick

pink
11-Jul-06, 10:59
Looks like its a race to the greenhouse stand hahahaha

Nice one see ya all there

sweep
17-Jul-06, 16:51
just wondered pink if you got a greenhouse at county show. i had a look around trade stands but didn't see the usual greenhouse one! don't think it was there?

marksay
17-Jul-06, 19:48
I went to the show but coundn`t find any sign of greenhouse stand.