PDA

View Full Version : ginger kitten?bengal or not

bustergirl
28-Jul-10, 09:56
hiya i am wondering if anyone has a ginger male kitten we could have as my mum really wants 1 chaz on this has one and if the person that is supost to get the kitty if she dosnt get it then we are next on the list but just incase we dobt get it could anyone help u-p we lost 2 ginger cats on the road but the next one will be indoor my mum thinks ginger cats are gorgous thank you to anyone who will help us xx

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 10:29
You have 4 cats already as your tagline says?
If so why do you want another?
Cant you be happy with the pets you already have?

teenybash
28-Jul-10, 11:01

Different strokes for different folks Dadie...It's lovely that Bustergirl and her family want to share their lives with another cat and provide a happy indoor environment....the reasons why are not for us to pry.

Hope you find your ginger furry Bustergirl.:)

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 11:22
I just cannot work out why people with lots of pets already keep wanting more!
I keep getting the picture in my head of the old man who lived near me as a child with 15 odd cats (numbers were fluid but never less than 10 or more than 30)....and his house!

When he died my mum was one of the ladies that helped gut his house, and, I mean gut think the floorboards had to be lifted in parts!

Its that senario that doesnt appeal to me:eek:

bustergirl
28-Jul-10, 11:48
ok but i am just wanting to get my mum a litle kitty for herself do u know anyone who will have a ginger kitten ?
i am stopping at 5 cats so its not that much

Loganberry
28-Jul-10, 12:04
Not for us to judge - I had 9 cats, 2 dogs, 3 horses, 2 rats, a snake, rabbits and mice once and I loved it. I had all the time in the world for them and they and the house were well cared for. :lol:

Best of luck finding one. :)

chaz
28-Jul-10, 12:16
Not for us to judge - I had 9 cats, 2 dogs, 3 horses, 2 rats, a snake, rabbits and mice once and I loved it. I had all the time in the world for them and they and the house were well cared for. :lol:

Best of luck finding one. :)

Very true, i have lots of well loved and cared for animals, they are much nicer than people in general and teach children a lot about responsibility:D

balto
28-Jul-10, 12:52
where do you get of, being so negative with everything. all my animals are well loved and well looked after, who cares if we have 4 or 10 cats its not as if i cant afford to feed them, unto it becomes your business then please keep your negative comments to yourself. i had 2 ginger cats sandy and benny who were the most adorable and loving cats, this is why i want another ginger one, but hey mayby if i didnt care enough and get my cats dressed, i could just keep breeding them unto i got my ginger one, then you would have reason to moan, ut being a sensiable pet owner all my cats are dressed, well apart from the kittens who are to young.

ShelleyCowie
28-Jul-10, 13:19
I have to say that Balto & Bustergirl are major pet lovers and care for their animals dearly. Constant love and attention. You could not ask for a more pet loving family.

Good luck finding a wee gin-jo cat :) Gosh you can have fintan if you can put up with the farts! :eek: :lol: jokin....he is like having triplets tho. Such a baby.

aurora32
28-Jul-10, 13:24
Its not for us to Judge how many animals they have and really your negative comments are not called for just because an old man who probably didnt know any better lived in squalor with his 15 plus cats, doesnt mean everyone with that amount of pets will or does before i got divorced i had 9 horses 6 dogs 5 cats 2 cockatiels and all of them were looked after, well fed and my home was immaculate always had comments on how i managed to keep it so clean with as many animals to look after, so plese dont judge or tar everyone with the same brush. As long as the animals are well cared for and loved that is all that should matter.

mumof2
28-Jul-10, 13:49
good luck finding a ginger one, i too was on the hunt for one for my wee girl because she had her heart set on a ginge, i discovered she was just as happy with a black and white as that was all i could get, children are easily won over though :lol:

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 20:37
I have just been reading interesting facts on bengal cat rescue site and bengals are often cat aggressive and will terrorise not only their household but will actively seek out neighbours cats and enter their homes to hurt them. They are not playing they mean it.
They do like dogs.
They have a high prey drive and show a lot of hunting behaviour, you have to be careful if you have small furries or poultry around.

I know some are soft lumps but still......

If you do get another cat..dont know why..but still...I wouldnt get a bengal...your other cats and your indoor rabbit and hamster and fish wouldnt thank you for it!

balto
28-Jul-10, 20:43
I have just been reading interesting facts on bengal cat rescue site and bengals are often cat aggressive and will terrorise not only their household but will actively seek out neighbours cats and enter their homes to hurt them. They are not playing they mean it.
They do like dogs.
They have a high prey drive and show a lot of hunting behaviour, you have to be careful if you have small furries or poultry around.

I know some are soft lumps but still......

If you do get another cat..dont know why..but still...I wouldnt get a bengal...your other cats and your indoor rabbit and hamster and fish wouldnt thank you for it!
benny was a bengal x and such a loving vocal cat, not all bengals are nasty.

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 20:50
Why chance your other animals safety?

Ordinary moggies wont usually harrass a rabbit or go after adult chickens..and if they do fight wont go for the kill with other cats.
If there is a chance it will why risk it?

puppygirl
28-Jul-10, 20:56
they arnt chancing there animals ?:confused

chaz
28-Jul-10, 21:01

Ordinary moggies wont usually harrass a rabbit or go after adult chickens..and if they do fight wont go for the kill with other cats.

Ordinary moggies love to eat rabbit!! And i know of a few who have lost chickens to ordinairy cats. Like almost everything we do there is nearly always an element of risk, we just have to be careful and watch the situation as with any animal.

ShelleyCowie
28-Jul-10, 21:05

My cat brenon came from the same litter as Balto's bengal that she sadly lost. Adoreable cats!

Im sorry but i am a firm believer in the fact that you cant blame an animal for its breed but you can blame the owner for the way it is trained.

I have a domestic short hair here, wee Fintan. Not so wee actually but he likes to bring back "presents" :roll: all the time. birds, mice...even a hare once.

so im sorry but its not the breed, the breed is just a name.

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 21:08
Shelly didnt you have to re home one of your cats for fighting with the bengal x ?

ShelleyCowie
28-Jul-10, 21:14
Shelly didnt you have to re home one of your cats for fighting with the bengal x ?

Good gosh woman dig hard why dont u [evil] as if the wounds didnt hurt enough.

Yes i rehomed the bengal, the cat i already had a domestic short hair, did not get on with him. my short hair is too terrirtorial. I tried everything i could to get Fintan to get on with Brenon so he could stay.

you must have to go to some low to bring that up. Be ashamed of urself

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 21:18
Thats exactly why I said what I did.
You know what its like.
You wouldnt want to do that again?

balto
28-Jul-10, 21:34
Thats exactly why I said what I did.
You know what its like.
You wouldnt want to do that again?
shelleys reasons for rehoming brenon were nothing to do with the fact he was a bengal, ordinary cats can be vicious and nasty, at teh end of the day it all comes down to how you treat them, as far as im aware brennon was a lovely friendly cat like his brother benny was, just what world are you living on beng so harsh and nasty.

balto
28-Jul-10, 21:35

you havent seen my cats with buster the rabbit, but thankfully he doesnt mind, he runs about happly with the dogs aswell, just as he did with benny the bengal.

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 21:38
The reason his fighting was so nasty is because of his breeding.
Bengals are not ordinary moggies and it was only recently that the licencing laws on them were relaxed.
They are far closely related to the big cats and have more big cat tendancies!

balto
28-Jul-10, 21:40
Bengals are not ordinary moggies and it was only recently that the licencing laws on them were relaxed.
tell me how many bengal x have you actually owned, because you seem such a little book of knowledge NOT. bustergirl started this thread wanting a kitten and you have just continuosly pick right through.[evil]

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 21:42
I know many that had to be re homed and 1 that was abandoned.

balto
28-Jul-10, 21:48
I know many that had to be re homed and 1 that was abandoned.
yeah but you havent had experiance yourself have you, so unto you do you cant but them down, i understand that there are some that are nasty but as i said you get ordinary cats who are also vicious, again it comes down to how you treat them.

ShelleyCowie
28-Jul-10, 21:52

Wrong. I told you my domestic was the one that was fighting him. Fintan has been here since he was 8 weeks old and he is now over 8 years old. So bringing another cat into his territory upset him in a way i never anticipated. So it was MY fault.

Brenon is now with someone who has no other pets and is a happy content little cat. I keep in touch with his new owner and any problems he knows to contact me. But as i said he is happy and thats him settled and that makes me happy.

So to confirm, its not the breed. The fighting was a fault of mine.

Baltos animals are all content with each other, they are used to kittys and other wee furries running around. Fintan wasnt.

alanatkie
28-Jul-10, 21:54

I beg to differ Dadie. I did not have a bengal cat but he started been vicious, any cat like any dog or human for that matter can turn nasty!!!

I have 5 cats & you or any one else wouldn't stop me getting more as it is my choice not yours & the money for feeding them comes out of my pocket aswell. It is wonderful that other people want to take on animals from different walks of life. Shame everyone isn't like that.

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 21:57
I know 1 very nice bengal that was found abandoned and now in a good farm home.
I also know of ones that end up unwanted because of their big cat tendancies and end up re homed.
I know of 1 that isnt allowed out because he has fought with all the surrounding cats and sent at least 1 cat to the vets with very nasty injuries.
So I have seen both sides of the bengals personality and still cant see why you would risk having to re home one later down the line for knocking 7 bells out your other cats.
Wouldnt it be more responsible as a pet lover to get a cat where the risk is a lot less?

ks
28-Jul-10, 21:57

I have no doubt she is happy with the pets she already has, what is the harm in getting another one?

Were you ever asked when you were pregnant with your 3rd child why did you want another?

Why give your negative opinion on this thread?

balto
28-Jul-10, 22:03
I know 1 very nice bengal that was found abandoned and now in a good farm home.
I also know of ones that end up unwanted because of their big cat tendancies and end up re homed.
I know of 1 that isnt allowed out because he has fought with all the surrounding cats and sent at least 1 cat to the vets with very nasty injuries.
So I have seen both sides of the bengals personality and still cant see why you would risk having to re home one later down the line for knocking 7 bells out your other cats.
Wouldnt it be more responsible as a pet lover to get a cat where the risk is a lot less?
i am in no doubt that if i am lucky enough to get another bengal x, that any of my other cats will be in any danger, i work hard to look after my kids and pets, my god as you are showing here cats are a lot more friendlier than some humans, so MY HOUSE, MY LIFE AND MY HARD EARNED MONEY SO PLEASE JUST KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF FROM NOW ON.

Dadie
28-Jul-10, 22:08
Yes I was asked, but, those that know me and know what we went through to have Lauren are delighted that we have 3 children now.

I nearly never had 1 child and now my family is complete.
Ok they are really close together and its hard work at times but I finally got my family.

Now thats really below the belt!

In more than 1 way!

ks
28-Jul-10, 22:11
Yes I was asked, but, those that know me and know what we went through to have Lauren are delighted that we have 3 children now.

I nearly never had 1 child and now my family is complete.
Ok they are really close together and its hard work at times but I finally got my family.

Now thats really below the belt!

Just pointing out how harsh you sounded. Personally I would rather 5 cats than 3 kids.

puppygirl
28-Jul-10, 22:11
All balto wants is a bengal kitten theres nothing bad about that!!!:confused

aurora32
28-Jul-10, 22:37
Isnt this thread getting way off topic here and excuse the pun somewhat rather like a cat fight, Bustergirl started this thread off to ask for another kitten for her mum to add to their already happy family, its not up to anyone else what they do or how many more pets they decide to get and there is certainly no need for the nastiness this thread is starting to generate. All animals are blank canvases and we as owners are the ones that make them into what they become.

chaz
28-Jul-10, 22:41
Isnt this thread getting way off topic here and excuse the pun somewhat rather like a cat fight, Bustergirl started this thread off to ask for another kitten for her mum to add to their already happy family, its not up to anyone else what they do or how many more pets they decide to get and there is certainly no need for the nastiness this thread is starting to generate. All animals are blank canvases and we as owners are the ones that make them into what they become.

Well said, i was about to leave a post saying almost exactly the same:)

balto
29-Jul-10, 09:31

Well said, i was about to leave a post saying almost exactly the same:)
thankyou both, the way i see it if you treat and love your animals and give them the life they deserve then you will have no problems whatso ever, so far all my pets have been well loved and looked after if not a little spoilt.

bustergirl
29-Jul-10, 10:15
I ain't very happy about what dadie is saying on this tread it was supost to be a thread looking for a Bengal x or just a ginger kitten and if u treat them bad they are babys then they are vicious but if u treat them well they will be loving and content and it our choice if we want another cat not anyone elses so stop leaving negative comments this tread isn't support to be nasty it support to be 1 where we give a little kitty a loving home[evil]

Dadie
29-Jul-10, 11:04
I asked why you wanted another cat, the, same as any re homing centre.
I pointed out bengals are not really other cat friendly.
Your animals are rather young and you seem to be amassing them at a high rate at the moment.
You just got a puppy and before that a rabbit...why not enjoy them.
It is that, that concerns me.
I also said you would be better of getting a moggie.
BTW at least 99% of ginger striped mogs are male
There is nothing wrong with getting a bengal as long as it is the only cat.
You recently lost 2 cats and seem to have replaced them rather quickly.
That is setting of alarm bells.

bustergirl
29-Jul-10, 11:43
Excuse me we missed cats running round the house and playing and yes we love our animals that we have and we can choose how many cats we have it's nothing to do with you as I sed keep you negative comment out of this post stop being a little miss know it all we are all diffrent our Bengal x got on with our old kitten Sam he was like a dad to him they would do everything together
So please stop!!!!!![evil]

teenybash
29-Jul-10, 11:57
I asked why you wanted another cat, the, same as any re homing centre

Have you set yourself up into your own position of authority to police those who are looking to give a good home to a kitten......you need to draw your neck in and perhaps leave Balto's children alone and stop trying to bully. You are way out of order and doing yourself no favours by putting yourself across as wee Mrs Nippy Sweety.

Dadie
29-Jul-10, 12:14
I dont like to see high turnover of pets.
If you lose a pet and just replace it within 3 weeks, it doesnt give out a good message to the children.
Cry for a week then get another:eek:
The kittens they got to replace are not neutered yet so must be quite young.
They were looking for a small dog/puppy and got a lab...not a small dog.
The dog is not even 6months old and they are looking for another pet.
Just think they like the cute baby stage in an animals life but that is only the beginning.
If you are looking for an animal you have to be prepared to wait.

teenybash
29-Jul-10, 13:26
Dadie it is okay for you to have an opinion and that is every individuals right, but it is obviously not shared by others and perhaps now is a good time to back out of this thread and carry on living your life the way you want to and leave others alone to do the same.
Puppygirl and Bustergirl are children and you as an adult certainly do not have the right to lay down the law to them and it would be better for everyone if you left them alone and stop upsetting them.

Dadie
29-Jul-10, 13:45
Reputable Bengal breeders do not have kittens on spec.
They have waiting lists and usually take a deposit.
You can wait up to a year or so to get your cat.
They do not hand out kittend before 16 weeks and if for a pet they are neutered either beforehand or as a requirement of ownership.
Pet bengals are £300+ breeding ones £1000+.

ShelleyCowie
29-Jul-10, 13:49
Reputable Bengal breeders do not have kittens on spec.
They have waiting lists and usually take a deposit.
You can wait up to a year or so to get your cat.
They do not hand out kittend before 16 weeks and if for a pet they are neutered either beforehand or as a requirement of ownership.
Pet bengals are £300+ breeding ones £1000+.

Dadie, i think this thread has gone the wrong way. I know you mean well, last night i was maybe a bit harsh but i feel strongly about it.

Bustergirl and Balto have both said its a Bengal X they are looking for. Brenon + Benny were both bengal X kittys and if i remember, they were free.

I think this thread needs cooled down as feelings have been hurt. I know i was a bit upset last night because you really made me feel guilty about brenon. Being hormonal right now doesnt help either so i was in tears as i nearly am again writing this.

I know you probably dont mean harm, but bustergirl is just a young lassie and i dont think that she needs to be upset anymore.

aurora32
29-Jul-10, 15:28
I dont like to see high turnover of pets.
If you lose a pet and just replace it within 3 weeks, it doesnt give out a good message to the children.
Cry for a week then get another:eek:
The kittens they got to replace are not neutered yet so must be quite young.
They were looking for a small dog/puppy and got a lab...not a small dog.
The dog is not even 6months old and they are looking for another pet.
Just think they like the cute baby stage in an animals life but that is only the beginning.
If you are looking for an animal you have to be prepared to wait.

Its really none of your business!! Yes you have a right to your opinions but you certainly do not have the right to come on here a totally turn a thread into something its not. You are making no friends by being like this you have said your piece now i think its time for you to be quiet on the matter and go bother someone else, as its clearly something you feel you must do. I'd be ashamed if id upset someone to the point of tears with my remarks just to try prove a point and you must have done some back dated post raking to find all info which is also very sad.

Dadie
29-Jul-10, 15:33
I didnt need to troll!
Or raking back posts.
And I dont fight by pm... I have done it all in the open

aurora32
29-Jul-10, 15:45
I didnt need to troll!
Or raking back posts.
And I dont fight by pm... I have done it all in the open

And now openly admitted to fighting!! Why? :confused
Why do you feel the need to butt in at all for, on a harmless thread posted by a young girl who was trying to do something nice for her mum. Balto knows her own limits and strengths and how to look after animals, its got nothing to do with any of us anyway. It was a thread asking for a ginger kitten not one to see who can sling the most mud so people get hurt and upset. Or to comment and debate on whether the poster should get any more pets. Think this tread should be closed down before any more people get hurt and anyone who has or knows of a kitten contact Bustergirl or Balto directly.

balto
29-Jul-10, 15:52
I didnt need to troll!
Or raking back posts.
And I dont fight by pm... I have done it all in the openwhy dont you just get over yourself, as i have said it has nothing to do with you or anyone else how many pets we have. the reason we got kittens so quick is i missed sam and benny running around the house playing together. and the puppy was bought by my oh for my birthday. i am going to get my daughter to close this thread before you annoy me anymore.

balto
29-Jul-10, 15:53
And now openly admitted to fighting!! Why? :confused
Why do you feel the need to butt in at all for, on a harmless thread posted by a young girl who was trying to do something nice for her mum. Balto knows her own limits and strengths and how to look after animals, its got nothing to do with any of us anyway. It was a thread asking for a ginger kitten not one to see who can sling the most mud so people get hurt and upset. Or to comment and debate on whether the poster should get any more pets. Think this tread should be closed down before any more people get hurt and anyone who has or knows of a kitten contact Bustergirl or Balto directly.
this is exactly what im going to do, as dadie's commetns are really starting to annoy me. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF SUCH A KITTEN COULD THEY PLEASE PM ME OR BUSTERGIRL.