PDA

View Full Version : Wedding music recommendations?

casper
18-Jun-04, 17:41
Can anyone recommend a good music band to hire for a Wedding Dance in Mackay's Hotel?

Thanks.

stixie
06-Jul-04, 16:59
The North Coast Jazz band are really good.

I know what your probably thinking but they dont actually just play Jazz, infact they have just as big a repatoire of other stuff too.

They played at my friends wedding last October and the dance floor was always packed. They played everything a crowd wants to hear

EJS
26-Jul-04, 11:25
We had Half Canned for our wedding dance - they were excellent. I know they play on the Wick side quite often. Find out when they are playing and go along to hear them. It might be worth your while !!

zagor
23-Aug-04, 22:20
I am looking for the same thing.
Some-one has recommended George any ifno on what they are like?

Looking for a photographer too if anyone has any opinions/ recommendations

Zael
24-Aug-04, 08:37
John Bakie for photos:

http://www.caithnessphotographic.com

had a squint through his site, looks good.

.::Zael::.

DOC ROCK
11-Oct-06, 13:37
Can anyone recommend a good music band to hire for a Wedding Dance in Mackay's Hotel?

Thanks.
If you what a really good band, then I can highly recommend "Box o' Bananas" from Stirling, who are at the top of their game for the complete wedding package. They perform Scottish, Irish, folk / rock and Cajun music, as well as being fantastic entertainers. Check them out at www.boxobananas.com (http://www.boxobananas.com) or P.M. me for any enquiries.

Gleber2
11-Oct-06, 16:05
Whisky are the most sought after local band for weddings. Pm Deemac.

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 16:09
LOL, the original post is over 2 years old, I hope casper's still not lookig for a band.. :lol: :lol:

DOC ROCK
11-Oct-06, 17:07
[quote=Gleber2;145205]Whisky are the most sought after local band for weddings. quote]
Now there is more choice available, as well as the current local convenient wedding bands. Box o Bananas are one of the top bands for weddings or functions, and perform all over the Country, "indeed" the World. And are now willing to travel up to the North to deliver top class entertainment at very competitive rates. P.M. Doc Rock for any inquiries.

hilly2
02-Feb-10, 15:42
Does anyone kown the number for Half Canned?

dunbrake
02-Feb-10, 19:09
For Half Canned

Try Barry Reid on 01955 604154

ber219
02-Feb-10, 22:34
For a good photographer look no further than Angus Mackay.
Brilliant photos and some great packages for weddings.

http://www.angusmackay.co.uk/

celtic1888
02-Feb-10, 22:55
Judd from wick are good also.

H
02-Feb-10, 23:32
Would not recommend half canned - they played at my brothers wedding and music was fine but their attitude to guests was poor.

I'd recommend The Jacks from Golspie - great crack and will play anything you want.

lauradur
03-Feb-10, 16:55
I had half canned at my wedding and they were excellent, very polite and helpful, tried to please all with their requested music.

Katy
03-Feb-10, 18:21
I had half canned at my wedding and they were excellent, very polite and helpful, tried to please all with their requested music.

I have to agree with lauradur we had them at our wedding too and they were great, the dance floor didn't empty all night and played exactly what our guests and us wanted! Are very reasonably priced too :)

The original post goes back to 2004 though so not sure if anyone is still looking for bands & photographers :/

Katy xx

christina
05-Feb-10, 11:25
We had whisky playing at our wedding dance:). They were really good the dance floor was really busy all night with everyone dancing. Everyone commented on what great music they played and how they got everyone up dancing.