PDA

View Full Version : DM Hall Inverness - Home Reports

ashaw1
26-Jul-10, 16:29
Just wondered if anyone else was having problems with DM Hall surveyors in Inverness? They are in the process of doing a home report for us so we can sell our house, survey was done 6 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the report.

I have phoned on a weekly basis only to be fobbed off every single time!

Annoying thing is they were recommended to us for being quicker than Pentarq!

gollach
26-Jul-10, 17:54
Can't say anything about home reports with DM Hall but a mortgage lender booked them for a valuation on my house when I was switching mortgage about 3 years ago. They fitted me in to a 10 minute window on a day they had appointments in Wick and Halkirk. I should have spotted that this was a bad sign.

I didn't got to see the final report prepared by DM Hall's surveyor but the bank came back telling me I had rotten floorboards in the hall and the cavity wall insulation had to be replaced before they would make the funds available.

My house has a flagstone floor in the hall and the walls are solid stone. The bank did not believe me and nobody in DM Hall's Inverness office would discuss the contents of the report. The bank refused to lend and as a result I had a 3 month delay while I started over with a new lender.

maidenmania
27-Jul-10, 19:09
All experiences with them bad. Search and get someone more professional to do it, if in and out in 10 mins they AINT doin a proper report! Remember its ur money and u want a proper job done.

Alli
27-Jul-10, 19:18
My parents used them to get an up to date valuation of their home, it was unvalued by £19,500. This was a total insult to them, they then got home valued again by another firm in caithness and it came out around what they had orginally thought. Would never use them again.

thejudd
27-Jul-10, 19:35
This company sounds like a bunch of cowboys, has any of the people that have had dealings with them complained to the appropriate authorities.

Tam 2000
27-Jul-10, 22:24
Try Sinclair MacIntosh Dornoch,we have dealt with him more than once and was very professional and we got our report within days, and at half the cost of the others.In our experience we would not recommend any of rest but him.

lorry
27-Jul-10, 22:44
we have dealt with D M Hall twice recently and they have been brilliant, quick appointment and no problem with the valuations at all. I would definately use them again.

margaret
28-Jul-10, 19:28
Go to fixedprice.com.They are brilliant and only charge 299.Local estate agents use the same surveyor so you will save a fortune.I did.:)