PDA

View Full Version : Is Lybster Getting a New policeman?

barmar62
26-Jul-10, 15:21
Is Lybster getting a new policeman/lady ?

riggerboy
26-Jul-10, 15:27
do they need 1, in today government cut backs i very much doubt it,but then again it is lybster lots of really bad folk,

pegasus
26-Jul-10, 16:34
do they need 1, in today government cut backs i very much doubt it,but then again it is lybster lots of really bad folk,

:eek: Sounds like he/she will have to be 'one tough cookie' then!

Lindsay
26-Jul-10, 17:01
It would be a nice thought but as said in previous post with the government cuts we are probably extremely low on the list of priorities, shame though :-(

Corrie 3
26-Jul-10, 17:05
I reckon they could do with about 6....and thats just to keep the gang of kids under control..... cos their parents cant!!

:roll::cool::eek:

porshiepoo
26-Jul-10, 17:09
Something for the kids to do would be a good idea. Lybster needs a youth centre not a policeman/woman.

Does the Lybster bobby do anything other than hang around the shops in the village looking for those that dare to park up more than a foot from the kerb?

Don't think we'll get a new bobby due to the famous "cuts" but not so sure that we actually need one either, although I dare say I'd change my mind if I actually needed one quickly. Wick is a long way away if a copper is needed immediately.

pegasus
26-Jul-10, 18:33
heres the new Libster pollytunnel protecsion sqaude

http://www.tierraunica.com/.a/6a00e551962103883300e553e9177e8834-800wi

Phill
26-Jul-10, 20:10
Quick lads, we've got a copycat neighbour dispute....

...or 'does my crotch look big in this?'

ducati
26-Jul-10, 20:13
Quick lads, we've got a copycat neighbour dispute....

...or 'does my crotch look big in this?'

Blimey, I hope their wearing boxes :eek:

taffy
26-Jul-10, 20:16
I get really mad when I read about all the bad folks in Lybster I can assure you it's no worse than anywhere else. Ye theres a few youngster's goin about that are unruly and out of control and ye some parents may be to blame so as I say it's the same all over. The special thing that Lybster does have is sence of community and people care and I would'nt change or swap that for anything.[disgust]

philupmaboug
26-Jul-10, 20:23
What happened to your last one? or was it a case of "The Wickerman" and a burning at midnight.

Phill
26-Jul-10, 23:36
What happened to your last one? or was it a case of "The Wickerman" and a burning at midnight.

At least let the embers die down before you start making scurrilous accusations such as that.

barmar62
27-Jul-10, 20:10
Like the picture Pegusus, but don't be silly- we all know that the police round here don't have legs!

pegasus
27-Jul-10, 21:00
Like the picture Pegusus, but don't be silly- we all know that the police round here don't have legs!

the police up there dont habve legs?:eek:

Gordon Bonnet
27-Jul-10, 22:25
I get really mad when I read about all the bad folks in Lybster I can assure you it's no worse than anywhere else. Ye theres a few youngster's goin about that are unruly and out of control and ye some parents may be to blame so as I say it's the same all over. The special thing that Lybster does have is sence of community and people care and I would'nt change or swap that for anything.[disgust]

A had to fathom post really.

For I know little of Lybster but I have been there twice.
It's tiny. So if a 'few youngsters' are 'out of control' this must be hell on earth for people in the 'community' where people 'care' so why don't they sort it out or try to put an end to it?

This is not the first time I've heard about the mean street of Lybster and that anti-social behaviour blights such a wee place is more depressing than words can convey.

barmar62
27-Jul-10, 23:49
Pegusus- they never get out their patrol cars

Gorden bonnet- I hope your not suggesting vigalanty (sp) attacks, thought that was illegal, tut tut.

Nacho
28-Jul-10, 00:19
Gorden bonnet- I hope your not suggesting vigalanty (sp) attacks, thought that was illegal, tut tut.

maybe that's the way to go though, some villagers tried to do the right thing earlier this year, caught the kids who'd been tannin house windows/smashing up the xmas decorations/village hall and handed them to the police.

what happened ? nothing, the kids got off scot free.

bring back the birch, a great big one and then hang them from it

back to the op, a new bobby looks unlikely as previously mentioned :(