PDA

View Full Version : Assuage

ducati
26-Jul-10, 12:34
Here is a guy due an 'accident' :eek:

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Afghan_War_Diary,_2004-2010

I thought you guys kept up to date with current affairs?

Metalattakk
26-Jul-10, 12:40
I see.

Bottom, fish, banana etc., etc.

:confused:

Edit: Ah, you added a link! Well done.

I thought you guys kept up to date with current affairs?

Aye, but we can't keep up with your random statements. Sheesh... :roll:

Metalattakk
26-Jul-10, 14:30
Right, enough time has passed, time to kick-start this thread.

I doubt very much that Mr Assange will come to any harm any time soon. The US government will be extremely keen for him to avoid any 'accidents'. They won't want the whole world to be pointing fingers (whether warranted or not).

Interesting that the wikileaks.org website has been unavailable most of the day. Some nut-job conspiracists will say that the US government will be DDOS attacking it, but it's simply the amount of interest the story is generating that's making the servers fall over. There are plenty of mirror sites out there that work just fine:

http://www.wikileaks.se/
http://mirror.wikileaks.info/

ducati
26-Jul-10, 14:36
Right, enough time has passed, time to kick-start this thread.

I doubt very much that Mr Assuage will come to any harm any time soon. The US government will be extremely keen for him to avoid any 'accidents'. They won't want the whole world to be pointing fingers (whether warranted or not).

Interesting that the wikileaks.org website has been unavailable most of the day. Some nut-job conspiracists will say that the US government will be DDOS attacking it, but it's simply the amount of interest the story is generating that's making the servers fall over. There are plenty of mirror sites out there that work just fine:

http://www.wikileaks.se/
http://mirror.wikileaks.info/

Ah! Didn't make myself clear. Here is a guy due an 'accident' in my opinion.

Metalattakk
26-Jul-10, 14:54
Ah! Didn't make myself clear. Here is a guy due an 'accident' in my opinion.

Why? What's he done? He didn't write the documents, he personally didn't even make them available.

He just owns the website.

ducati
26-Jul-10, 16:18
Why? What's he done? He didn't write the documents, he personally didn't even make them available.

You mean he didn't cause the documents to be stolen then released without any reference to the owners of the documents. Come on!

He then conducts one one of the smuggest performances I have ever seen in his news conference.

He should be arrested, extradited and prosecuted and if the septics are true to form executed.

Metalattakk
26-Jul-10, 16:23
You mean he didn't cause the documents to be stolen then released without any reference to the owners of the documents. Come on!

Yep, that's right. He didn't.

He then conducts one one of the smuggest performances I have ever seen in his news conference.

Eh, so what?

He should be arrested, extradited and prosecuted and if the septics are true to form executed.

Prosecuted for what, exactly? As far as I know there's no law against smuggery.

You tell me what he should be 'executed' for? What crime has he committed?

pegasus
26-Jul-10, 17:01
Bringing forth the truth abou;t the cover-ups is what is important here!

Justifying killing inocent civillians by falsely labelling them as insurgents is wrong.

The reality is that we should not be there.

The Drunken Duck
26-Jul-10, 17:03

Some people are incredibly naive.

What this guy has done by allowing this information to go public is Internet ego masterbation that could, and probably will, get people killed. By doing this he has directly put people in danger. That's the reason the people who write these reports, and the people who are privy to, and make use of, the information dont make them freely available to Mr Nosey Internet User.

These contact reports will contain details of operations, places, dates and also the names of those who have been helping the Coalition forces in Afghan. The outcome of that information in the wrong hands will be that those poor souls will be dragged out of their houses and into the tender mercies of the Taliban. Like the Iraqi interpreter in 2004 who had his identity spilled by a gobby journo who thought he had a right to know. That guy was later found skinned and hanging upside down being picked clean.

Aside from that they describe the basic operations and procedures being used in Afghan. Basically the Operation Playbook. Just who do you think will be most interested in that ??, Terry Taliban maybe ??, What this oxygen thief has done has put peoples lives in danger just so he can feel clever. He has allowed sensitive information to become public, if one person suffers for it he should be taken to a very high building and thrown off. Along with the rat that spilled them.

Metalattakk
26-Jul-10, 17:14
I note and respect your concerns DD.

These contact reports will contain details of operations, places, dates and also the names of those who have been helping the Coalition forces in Afghan.

Do they though? I haven't seen any such critical details released (but then I haven't looked very hard).

The Drunken Duck
26-Jul-10, 17:35
Do they though? I haven't seen any such critical details released (but then I haven't looked very hard).

Well like you I haven't read all of the data. I had a dig around this morning though and saw some details that made me raise an eyebrow or two. But the reason Wikileaks has let this be released into the public is down to their political leaning, put it this way, if it was a Taliban document detailing how they have treated Afghan civilians it would not have seen the light of day through Wikileaks.

I did chat with an old colleague this morning about another subject and this came up during the conversation, he was an Army Intel guy and he said that anyone with the smarts to know where to look and interpret in that data could make some connections pretty quickly as certain documents are very detailed. He did a tour out in Afghan and is of the opinion that the release of these documents was a dangerous thing to do, there are people there helping us who would be slotted by the Taliban if their actions became known. Good enough for me that.

By the way my naive comment in the previous post was not aimed at you, it was more a general comment badly worded. Sorry if you thought it was a direct dig.

ducati
30-Jul-10, 23:07
It turns out that many of these documents contain names, dates, places and details of local intelligence received. I hope this smug git can sleep at night. On reflection, I'm sure he can.

The Drunken Duck
31-Jul-10, 12:47
It turns out that many of these documents contain names, dates, places and details of local intelligence received. I hope this smug git can sleep at night. On reflection, I'm sure he can.

Yup. You would have thought he would have checked first for that kind of thing ?? .. then he was probably to busy rubbing his hands together at the thought of bigging himself up.

He might as well have gone out to Afghan, put a gun to those peoples heads and pulled the trigger himself.