PDA

View Full Version : Wick High School- new site idea

bagpuss
25-Jul-10, 00:21
Why don't they build the new school- including library/pool/sports centre in the site next to tesco that wasn't taken up by Scapa Properties for the second retail park?

apart from the fact that Bignold park would be spared, Tesco would avaoid the situation of another supermarket opening right next door- and...... it would make it the new town centre.

Sorted

2little2late
25-Jul-10, 01:41
Why don't they build the new school- including library/pool/sports centre in the site next to tesco that wasn't taken up by Scapa Properties for the second retail park?

apart from the fact that Bignold park would be spared, Tesco would avaoid the situation of another supermarket opening right next door- and...... it would make it the new town centre.

Sorted

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself on Friday night. Imagine the money Tesco would take on lunch breaks. I'm surprised they never thought of that themselves.

Nacho
25-Jul-10, 02:11

Sorted

go back to sleep Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss, Old fat furry cat-puss , you're having a hallucinatory dream .... there there .... there there ...

bagpuss
25-Jul-10, 15:23
my other half reminds me that the Thurso site is in fact next door to Thurso High School.

in Alness, Morrisons is at the gate of the school, In Dingwall Tesco is across the road from Dingwall academy. Seems like sound business sense- in the minds of the supermarkets.

annemarie482
25-Jul-10, 15:48
sounds like extra security needed for shoplifters! pmsl!!!
who wants to go shopping when its swamped with kids during lunchtime?
the coop was awful at lunchtime.
also its a retail/business park (dont know which one) so why would they want it there?!
i know what your thinking but i doubt that'd work.
(my opinion)