PDA

View Full Version : They're going home

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 18:33
They're going home, they're going, england's going, england's going home.....;)

footie chick
01-Jul-06, 18:34
At last we can watch the footie without in all being about one team :lol: who are on their way home!

peedie man
01-Jul-06, 18:39
its a shame to see grown men cry

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 18:40
Like my avatar guys, Alexandre RICARDO , penalty king LOL

Watch bbc1 its hilarious, theyre nearly in tears, rio Ferdinand is, Rooney is a naughty boy too

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 18:43
Like my avatar guys, Alexandre RICARDO , penalty king LOL

Watch bbc1 its hilarious, theyre nearly in tears, rio Ferdinand is, Rooney is a naughty boy too
Let's all laugh at england, let's all laugh at england, haha ha ha, haha ha ha.[lol]

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 18:45
Awww..... what a shame.....not[lol]
and Wayne was a very naughty boy :eek:

teuchter
01-Jul-06, 18:45
Somebody please hand me a tissue. Im choking on my tears... of joy. Hope they make that bunch of talentless numpties hitch hike home.

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 18:46
Rooney is not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.[lol]

scorrie
01-Jul-06, 18:46
Apart from Lennon having some decent runs, England were one-dimensional with only one up front. They are a team who play with the goal of not losing, they are not entertaining to watch and clearly have a psychological problem with the drought since they last succeeded in lifting the trophy. Sven should have departed a long time ago, for various reasons. Not least of which being the fact that he manged to craft a team as tedious as himself.

Whoever wins the World Cup now will need to do something special to eclipse my main memory of the finals so far, which was the 25 pass Argentina goal and Maxi's strike against Mexico for the same team. Pity the manager made a tactical cojones against Germany by leaving himself without the option of taking on Messi and/or Saviola late in the game. No wonder his name is Pekerman!!

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 18:48
Lets all have a wind up, na na na na na. Thankfully its all over, the fat lady appeared and sang her heart out[lol]

Venture
01-Jul-06, 18:50
Makes you laugh listening to the post mortem by Linekar and co. Its everybody but the teams fault. The manager, the referee, Ricardo, Rinaldo for winking at the referee etc etc ...good case of SOUR GRAPES/ In my opinion it was the best football Ive watched in ages.

willowbankbear
Apart from Lennon having some decent runs, England were one-dimensional with only one up front. They are a team who play with the goal of not losing, they are not entertaining to watch and clearly have a psychological problem with the drought since they last succeeded in lifting the trophy. Sven should have departed a long time ago, for various reasons. Not least of which being the fact that he manged to craft a team as tedious as himself.

Whoever wins the World Cup now will need to do something special to eclipse my main memory of the finals so far, which was the 25 pass Argentina goal and Maxi's strike against Mexico for the same team. Pity the manager made a tactical cojones against Germany by leaving himself without the option of taking on Messi and/or Saviola late in the game. No wonder his name is Pekerman!!

Do you think Wayne made an imprint on that blokes cojones?[lol] PMSL

Doolally
England's play throughout the tournament was poor to say the least. They were never really in contention.

Not that I'm all that sad about it!! :)

And as for those commentators, they blame everything with the exception of the poor team.

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 18:52
Maybe it was the wrong type of grass on the pitch?:D

Astra
01-Jul-06, 18:56
At long last...... this day i will remember forever stick that in your pipe and smoke it ;)

Nello
01-Jul-06, 19:01
Having taped the game it will now be run continously on the video channel on my rig for the next 24 hours in retribution for the Scottish contingent being constantly reffered to as "Porridge Gobbling Cave Dwellers" .. ;)

Moral of the story is dont upset the man who controls the TV !!

I will be tuning in just after extra time (every time!!) .. :lol:

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:02
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/fi/20060701/i/3755135333.jpg

footie chick
01-Jul-06, 19:04
classic! bet he's SO glad he took a 2million pay cut[lol]

Jeid
01-Jul-06, 19:05
That's exactly what all the punters in Top Joes were singing this afternoon. Quality!

Doolally
01-Jul-06, 19:05
Guess it's back to 1966 again in 4 years time...

Billy Boy
01-Jul-06, 19:08
the guy in the daily record was right when he said "the only thing England will be lifting, is their luggage on the way home" hip hip hoorey (i'm not anti English, just anti John Motson):lol: :lol:

Praetorian
01-Jul-06, 19:09
Now we know why big Phil didn't want the job - Bottled it again - remember BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Portugal scarf 5 pound
Portugal Top 35 pound
Portugal Flag 3 pound

Watching England going out on Penalties again - PRICELESS for everything else there' s MASTERCARD

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:11
http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/files/doc_img/large/swcbob01.jpg

Billy Boy
01-Jul-06, 19:11
nice one lol:lol: :lol:

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:15
Carlsberg dont do penalty shoot outs, NEITHER do England[lol]

_Ju_
01-Jul-06, 19:16
Do you think Wayne made an imprint on that blokes cojones?[lol] PMSL

That is a SPANISH word. Please do your reasearch, its: quilhoes!

PS: Not that I am conviced there is a God, but if there is I KNOW he/she is NOT ENGLISH!

Corsastu
01-Jul-06, 19:19
they may be out but we will still be hearing bout them till e world cup is done with all there wat ifs, they already started it when the game finished with what would of happened if wayne rooney was still on

scrapydoo
01-Jul-06, 19:25
Bulldog, Where are ye? lmao ye where certain England would Win[lol]

Never mind guys you might just get past the qualifying stages in 4 years time - If not enjoy spending all your free time talking/typing about ENGLAND (the second favourites - hardly a rubbish team!
Here's to the next 40 years talking about the World Cup Winners Yep ENGLAND!

think you got it wrong when you wrote this![lol] ROFLMAO

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:25

PS: Not that I am conviced there is a God, but if there is I KNOW he/she is NOT ENGLISH!

I am well aware its a Spanish word Ju, my best friend is Spanish, Well done Portugal, Im goin out to celebrate (not as much as last night!) tonight[lol]

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:29
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f7/Hand_of_God_goal.jpg/180px-Hand_of_God_goal.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hand_of_God_goal.jpg)

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:37
http://photos.airliners.net/photos/tiny/5/5/0/0960055.jpg (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0960055)
Guess whos on here?[lol]

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 19:39
:RazzAllez Bleu!!!!!!!!!!Allez Bleu!!!!!!!!!! Allez Bleu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Englands out whey hey!!!!!!!:Razz

garycs
01-Jul-06, 19:48
You can only go out on penalties by reaching the knockout stage ;)

Which, for those who may have forgotten, are in the finals ;)

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 19:49

I thought god was argentinian, remember when he/she played subuteo with peter shilton;)

Poor beckham will have to 'chip' in for a box of kleenex.....
They think it's all over.............It is Now........[lol]

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 19:52
Rheghead, Rheghead, where for art thou Rheghead......... seriously though Rheghead I offer my sincerest condolences to you :(
(gee and I managed that with a serious face) :p

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 19:57
o churchill do winston, margaret thatcher, Blair tony, seus meninos fęz exame de uma batida do helluva

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 20:14
Get it right up ye,

Finals , whats that like LOL

We have something in common with England now, We`ll all be watching the rest of the world cup on tv[lol]

pultneytooner
01-Jul-06, 20:15
Get it right up ye,

Finals , whats that like LOL

We have something in common with England now, We`ll all be watching the rest of the world cup on tv[lol]
Will they still show the rest of the world cup, lmao

abalone
01-Jul-06, 21:44
Why do men rave so much about football?You would have had more entertainment watching Andy Murray win his match at Wimbledon.Fabulous.

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 21:51
Looks like Gleber2 and Gleeber have a good chance of winning the sweepstake :Razz........Its a kind of Magic!!!!!!!!Allez les Bleu!!!!!!!!!

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 21:57
Aye France did well tonight Phoenix, better than England did anyway[lol]

footie chick
01-Jul-06, 22:00
I predict a France v Germany final and Germany to just edge it :)

Game tonight was 100 times better than this afternoons game would have been a good final!

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 22:06
I predict a France v Germany final and Germany to just edge it :)

Game tonight was 100 times better than this afternoons game would have been a good final!

Nah footie chick dont say that :eek:..........I hate to watch grown men cry!

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 22:08
I dina mind if they have 3 lions on their shirt

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 22:17
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/fifa/20060701/i/3038902564.jpgHappy chappie, plays for Real Madrid, makes millions a year, married to a stick insect, Go on Davie gies a smile eh?

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/afp/20060701/i/2460248341.jpgThis bloke wont have to put his hand in his pocket,next time hes in a scottish pub me thinks

teuchter
01-Jul-06, 22:21
looks like the 1 that Jerry Anderson forgot in that pic

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 22:23
Beckham looks like Rodney from Only fools and horses.......and yes he's a plonker :)

connieb19
01-Jul-06, 22:24
Beckham looks like Rodney from Only fools and horses.......and yes he's a plonker :)He's a horror aint he?[disgust]

Saveman
01-Jul-06, 22:31
Ah well nevermind England, good bunch of players.....bad tactics.

Disappointed in Cristiano Ronaldo......that just wasn't cricket.

France looked amazing tonight, especially Zinedine Zidane, what a player!

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 22:34
Ah well nevermind England, good bunch of players.....bad tactics.

Disappointed in Cristiano Ronaldo......that just wasn't cricket.

France looked amazing tonight, especially Zinedine Zidane, what a player!

Zizou=best player in my lifetime & he`s got same hairstyle as me ! sometimes:Razz Cool eh? LOL

DrSzin
01-Jul-06, 22:35
Tonight's match was fabulous. Zidane was truly awesome, Vierra & Makelele were absolutely solid, and Thierry's goal was balletic. They restored my faith in the beautiful game.

Did something happen this afternoon? I saw a second-rate football match on tv, but there was nothing worth making a fuss about. :confused

changilass
01-Jul-06, 22:36
Tonight's match was fabulous. Zidane was truly awesome, Vierra & Makekele were absolutely solid, and Thierry's goal was balletic. They restored my faith in the beautiful game.

Did something happen this afternoon? I saw a second-rate football match on tv, but there was nothing worth making a fuss about. :confused

Well said doc:lol:

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 22:48
Tonight's match was fabulous. Zidane was truly awesome, Vierra & Makelele were absolutely solid, and Thierry's goal was balletic. They restored my faith in the beautiful game.

Are ye sure Doc? Im relieved more than delighted 1966 (wasnt born,dont care) isnyt happening again[lol]

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 09:13
Hmmmmmmmmm, I say again 'At least the England team has the talent to make it that far'.
If the England team is a bunch of 'talentless numpties' what does that make the teams such as erm... Scotland... that didn't even scratch the surface?
Even more talentless numpties??????

Get over yourselves guys, it's a blinkin game of football. It uses no more skill than a bunch of 5 year olds would need to kick a ball around a pitch.
I don't know whats more boring - watching paint dry, watching football or listening to jealous scots childishly wallow in a teams loss - so sad!

Corsastu
02-Jul-06, 09:54
Hmmmmmmmmm, I say again 'At least the England team has the talent to make it that far'.
If the England team is a bunch of 'talentless numpties' what does that make the teams such as erm... Scotland... that didn't even scratch the surface?

Get over yourselves guys, it's a blinkin game of football. It uses no more skill than a bunch of 5 year olds would need to kick a ball around a pitch.
I don't know whats more boring - watching paint dry, watching football or listening to jealous scots childishly wallow in a teams loss - so sad!

yes yes and england fans wouldnt do the same and it wasnt talent that got them that far i would say luck

scrapydoo
02-Jul-06, 11:38

Is that not what we had to endure of yous at the start of the world cup. We had to listen to English childishly wallow in Scotlands loss of not making it. so sad !:roll: So as usual with you Porshie you are happy when it's England wallowing in Scotlands loss. But when the boot is on the other foot and its us Scots that are lol at the English for Believe-ing[lol] that they would win lmao
yet again Porshiepoo gets on her high horse how all of us Scots are anti-English sad!.

phoenix
02-Jul-06, 11:57
An American Psychic lady whos web-site I used to frequent was apparently helping the English Football Team, or so she said anyway.....wonder what happened!!!!! [smirk] Theres more to football than meets the eye its not all about money and 22 men kicking a ball around a field!!!!!!!:cool:

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 12:20
Porshiepoo, Im half English, my mam is from Northumberland so Im not anti-English by any means. I just get fed up of the hype of the media of England telling anyone who will listen that this was Englands year, If you dont have tunnel vision ,you`d be able to see England were not good enough to win the cup, in fact nowhere near good enough.
I watched a marvellous game last night France V Brazil, it would have been fitting for the final , it really was that good, England have to get to that standard before they can even contemplate challenging for the trophy.

And yes your right, Im jealous, I wish I could watch my country Scotland play football like France or Brazil, it would be magic, as for England, they were like the unwanted guest at a party,who bores everyone to death, cant take a hint & proves the most difficult to throw out. Im glad theyre on the plane & letting the world cup party continue without them.

EDDIE
02-Jul-06, 12:24
At last we can watch the footie without in all being about one team :lol: who are on their way home!
And also the hits tv channel can get back to normal now instead of playing all those football songs about a certain team

scorrie
02-Jul-06, 12:30

Maybe England would be better if they did send out a bunch of five year olds, if that is all the skill that is required. At least they would be willing to play for the honour, unlike the mercenaries who often put club before country.

It is pretty safe to say that England set themselves up for a fall in each and every tournament they enter. They qualify by the skin of their teeth, without looking remotely capable of playing top quality football, yet somehow assume they are going to lift the trophy before a ball is ever kicked at the Finals. It so often seems that they get the easiest possible groups in the qualifying rounds, yet the expectation of success is as high as if they had knocked out footballing giants during qualification.

They do indeed have some players who put in excellent performances for their various club sides but they never seem to gel as a team. The tactical metality has always been one of trying to negate the other team, pinch a goal and then sit on the game to grind out a result. The moment Wayne Rooney was sent off the commentators were shouting about playing for penalities.

I cannot think of any England sequences of play that would make a highlights compilation of this years tournament, other than the Wayne Rooney "double ball-control" incident that led to his sending off. I would have had far more admiration for England if they had tried to have a go in their games and took some risks.

I happen to think that the Scots are more than capable of having a laugh at themselves, we freely admit when we are mince (which is most of the time) The "Only an Excuse" World Cup special took the rise out of Scotland's lowly position stating that their world ranking had dropped below the official FIFA "diddy line"

My advice to England would be not to bemoan their luck in penalty shoot-outs but to address the reasons why they end up in so many of them!!
Be prepared to lose some games in 90 mins and stop being obsessed with running up unbeaten runs against moderate teams in meaningless friendlies.

pultneytooner
02-Jul-06, 12:48

Well porshiepoo, I started the thread as a bit of fun that is all and from what I can see, all the posts are good humoured with no malice intended.
I remember reading somewhere, years ago, that the suicide rate goes down when a major football tournament is being played so it must be doing someone some good.

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 12:59
Well porshiepoo, I started the thread as a bit of fun that is all and from what I can see, all the posts are good humoured with no malice intended.
I remember reading somewhere, years ago, that the suicide rate goes down when a major football tournament is being played so it must be doing someone some good.The domestic abuse rate goes sky high though..:(

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 13:42
I was really disappointed with England in this World Cup. I watched all of their games but I can't really say that I enjoyed any of them. Ok, they played well for an hour last night, but that was only when they had their backs to the wall after SuperYob was sent off.

Love them or hate them, most of us will admit that they have a lot of good players. But as a team they are less than the sum of their parts, and this is the problem the new coach and captain will surely have to address. I've never been a great admirer of Sven, but will Steve McClaren be any better? I wouldn't bet on it...

Rheghead
02-Jul-06, 13:45
One thing is for certain and that is we'll never see the Scottish team crashing out of the World Cup on a penalty shootout as they will NEVER get there in the first place!!![lol]

Crikey, they will even struggle against the faroes[lol]

ice box
02-Jul-06, 13:50
Yes but we wont take a temper tantrum over it .:lol:

scrapydoo
02-Jul-06, 13:54
I see that David Beckham has resigned as skipper of England lmao.

Praetorian
02-Jul-06, 14:03
Nice to see the English posters turn up eventually - As ever missing the point England got an easy run to the quarter final - a few games against nobodys - were lucky against Sweden and with Deco out couldn't have had a better chance but weren't good enough - The teams that finished above both Scotland and the Republic of Ireland in the qualifiers are still in the world cup SEMIS France and Italy. 40 years of hurt and counting.......

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 14:09
Highlander lad, yer going to get banned for that 1, 1st post & out tut tut[disgust]

scrapydoo
02-Jul-06, 14:16
Q: What would David Beckham's name be if he was a Spice Girl?
A: Waste of Spice

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 14:20
I see that David Beckham has resigned as skipper of England lmao.I've just watched Beckham's resignation. I really felt for the poor guy. He and his team have taken a lot of flak recently and his own performances have been well below par - he knows it, and it seems to have finally got to him. It could be the end of his England career, and he probably knows that too. I've never been a great Beckham fan, but I salute his achievements over the years.

Sooo....

Who should be the next England captain? Phil Neville was Beckham's stand-in last night but he's hardly a long-term replacement. I would go for Steven Gerrard (not that I'm biased :) ) or John Terry.

As for Scotland's chances of qualifying for a major tournament... Sigh... I can't say I'm optimistic about the near future, but the situation is surely better than it was four years ago. Do you think we could persuade Alan Hansen to go into management? We could start a petition. :lol:

footie chick
02-Jul-06, 14:32
Phil Neville was Beckham's stand-in last night :lol:

Wrong brother DrSzin!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/footiewildcat/ts.jpg
Gary & Phil lol

scotsboy
02-Jul-06, 14:32
I would go for Gerrard as well, and even play him in his best position - I reckon Terry will get it though as those kind of decisions are made by the Evening Standard;)

Never used to be, but I am a Beckham fan - good luck to him.......notthat he needs it.

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 14:56
Believe it or not, I really could care less whether the English team won, lost or drew. I don't follow football so I can't claim to have an interest in what actually happens but I can't just sit by and watch as people get away with hiding prejudice comments behind a football team.

England obviously weren't good enough to win this time round I agree, probably played like pansies - I wouldn't know - but they at least made it to the finals. If a rubbish team made it that far then obviously most of the other teams were far worse???????

As much as you all say that it's harmless banter, it so obviously isn't.
Hardly do we hear a word said about English unless it's in a malicious, sneering derogatory way disguised in the term 'Harmless Banter' or to tell us all to go back to where we came from.
What about saying 'well done for getting as far as they did'? Oh I forgot, the children on this site like to play tit for tat and say 'But you've made us listen to the fact that you won 40 odd years ago time and time again'.
The fact of the matter is that it's the tabloids that hype up what is said, don't let us forget a 40 year old win every time football fever comes round or go on and on and on and on about it, but it seems that the prejudice this causes isn't just aimed at the English football team is it?
How many of you have referred your comments to 'the english' or 'england' as opposed to 'The England Team'?

You claim that I don't mind dishing out insults but not taking them but it's actually the other way around. You start threads that really just want to take the mickey out of the English and get away with it but how many threads have been started with the role of referring to the pitfalls and inadequacies of Scotland?

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 15:12
Wrong brother DrSzin!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/footiewildcat/ts.jpg
Gary & Phil lolWhoops, how embarrassing. :o

I knew it was Gary, but I'd been reading some comments from Phil (http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neville-hurt-will-last.html) a few minutes earlier. Eek, that was on www.evertonfc.com (http://www.evertonfc.com) - I didn't go there deliberately, I'd just followed a link from the BBC - honest!

I would go for Gerrard as well, and even play him in his best position - I reckon Terry will get it though as those kind of decisions are made by the Evening StandardAgreed - on all counts.

Stevie even has a way to deal with SuperNed (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152773060702-1103.htm):

"Wayne has been fantastic for us," claimed the Liverpool skipper who has acted more like an England captain than the actual England captain in Germany. "We can't blame Wayne. He has done so much for this team and he is going to do so much for this team in the future.

"I haven't seen Wayne but when I see him I will give him a big hug because he is my team-mate and he is getting no blame from me because I love him."

But I think he'll have to polish his crystal ball because his predictions for yesterday's game (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152765060701-0009.htm) were a bit off the mark.

Today's riddle:

Q. Why is porshiepoo like the BBC?

golach
02-Jul-06, 15:13
One thing is for certain and that is we'll never see the Scottish team crashing out of the World Cup on a penalty shootout as they will NEVER get there in the first place!!!
Crikey, they will even struggle against the faroes

Temper Temper Rheg, you are not as thick skinned as you would like us to believe, in any of the Scots rants in here have you ever seen us praising our own team? We know we have mediocre young team, seems like the result for you yesterday just shows your team is just as mediocre.[lol]

scrapydoo
02-Jul-06, 15:18
Today's riddle:

Q. Why is porshiepoo like the BBC?

Because she always plays repeats[lol]

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 15:20
Because she always plays repeats[lol]That was quick! :cool:

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 15:20
Today's riddle:

Q. Why is porshiepoo like the BBC?[/quote]
[/QUOTE]

I dread to think what an ancient, relic hunting, egyptian wanabee such as yourself has thought up this time DrSzin but OK I'll humour you.

Why is Porshiepoo like the BBC? :roll:

scrapydoo
02-Jul-06, 15:22
That was quick! :cool:

[lol] lmao quick and true

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 15:25
Very Droll!!!!! [disgust]

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 15:27
I dread to think what an ancient, relic hunting, egyptian wanabee such as yourself has thought up this time DrSzin ...And what's wrong with we Egyptians? Or is that just harmless banter? :D

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 15:29
And what's wrong with we Egyptians? Or is that just harmless banter? :D

Where did I say there was anything wrong with them? I just called you an Egyptian wanabee!

Are you trying to entice me into some 'Harmless banter' DrSzin??????[lol]

DrSzin
02-Jul-06, 16:11
Where did I say there was anything wrong with them? I just called you an Egyptian wanabee!

Are you trying to entice me into some 'Harmless banter' DrSzin??????[lol]Not after reading about your fence - now I understand why you were so agitated - and I don't fancy having a fence-post put through my head. [para]

Scotsboy, it appears that the BBC have been reading our minds (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5138626.stm). Dunno about you, but I agree with their comments on Lampard, Ferdinand and Owen. Could you honestly imagine Rio Ferdinand doing the job?

scotsboy
02-Jul-06, 17:52
Doc, there is no way that Rio would be considered for the Captaincy – to be honest I am not quite sure how he even manages a place in the starting line up. Quite how Jamie Carragher could not get a game anywhere in that back four I don’t know. As they sing at Anfield……..we all dream of a team of Carraghers.

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Jul-06, 18:35
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lady Diana, Nigel Mansell... your boys took a helluva bee-teen... one helluva bee-teen.

squidge
03-Jul-06, 09:52
I watched the match in a Naafi with several Irish solders, Robert the Bruce, The Black douglas, several other Scottish soldiers and one other English supporter. The flak we got was relentless - after Beckam went off with his injury and rooney got sent off i hid behind my wimple to the amusement of the surrounding crowd. It was harmless and funny and sharp as a stick. I flinched a few times and afterwards had to listen to many many sugestions about how i might find Portugal a ncie place to go for a hoiliday this year. I also got a million hugs even from the irish laddies i only just met. Very funny, great fun and made me laugh as much as many of the posts on here do - Porshi - chill out girl - its footie not the third world war!!!!

Bulldog
03-Jul-06, 17:04
Gee Wizz! I was expecting a few threads about England going out but you guys have been busy with the celebrations - the only celebrations you will enjoy though as you'll never get anywhere in the tournaments as you all know!
Myself - gutted, the best chance we would have had, but lost it to a far better team although we put up a great fight until the penalties.
Golach, you're earlier post states Scotland is only mediocre ( I would say not that good) and 'England just as mediocre' - No we shall never be that bad, we can never be compared to you - we qualified, reached the final 8, in your wildest dreams you will not achieve that.
I had too many 'Believe' bars it seems, as with all our fans who supported England and wished for them to go all the way. It never happened, but we enjoyed the lion pride, hope and belief and loved every minute of being in it.
Had to drown my sorrows in drink Saturday night and as a non drinker my God I suffered but my English arrogance will take me through and keep me going knowing it is only ENGLAND who put the GREAT in Britain!

I'm England til I die,
I'm England til I die,
I know I am, I'm sure I am,
I'm England til I die!

PS Enjoyed all the banter, loved every minute of it, see you in 2 years;)

Dali
03-Jul-06, 17:11
Hes going home hes going home Andy Murray is going home .
He played well for Great Britain tho :)

scotsboy
03-Jul-06, 17:15
I recall a wee team called Northern Ireland defeating England not too long ago. As for England putting the Great in Britain, as the famous song goes……..there’ll always be an England, as long as Scotsmen fight;)

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 17:19
Gee Wizz! I was expecting a few threads about England going out but you guys have been busy with the celebrations - the only celebrations you will enjoy though as you'll never get anywhere in the tournaments as you all know!
Myself - gutted, the best chance we would have had, but lost it to a far better team although we put up a great fight until the penalties.
Golach, you're earlier post states Scotland is only mediocre ( I would say not that good) and 'England just as mediocre' - No we shall never be that bad, we can never be compared to you - we qualified, reached the final 8, in your wildest dreams you will not achieve that.
I had too many 'Believe' bars it seems, as with all our fans who supported England and wished for them to go all the way. It never happened, but we enjoyed the lion pride, hope and belief and loved every minute of being in it.
Had to drown my sorrows in drink Saturday night and as a non drinker my God I suffered but my English arrogance will take me through and keep me going knowing it is only ENGLAND who put the GREAT in Britain!

I'm England til I die,
I'm England til I die,
I know I am, I'm sure I am,
I'm England til I die!

PS Enjoyed all the banter, loved every minute of it, see you in 2 years;)

Bulldog, If Scotland are at the tournament in 2 years, Ill go for a pint or non alcoholic drink with ye & watch it but I really dont see it happening, we just don`t have any decent players at the moment