PDA

View Full Version : Summer hols?

cuddlepop
01-Jul-06, 17:50
Well thats the kids off school now till the middle of August ,whats everyone doing?
Dont think we'll get away till September/October,bit cheeky to start a new job and then ask for time off!
If we manage a break during Hols it'll be the tent in Aresaig,(spelt it wrong )its just down from Mallaig and beautiful,lovely sandy beaches and good walks.Leave late Friday and back for my late shift Monday.
Go on make me jealous where you all going[lol]

peedie man
01-Jul-06, 18:00
im planning a week in arisaig in august just the right time for the midges

cuddlepop
01-Jul-06, 18:04
Take some Avon skin so soft, midgies really hate the stuff.Its not called woodland fresh anymore but its still in a green coloured container.
Enjoy yourself scenery is beautiful specially the sun sets.:Razz

Ricco
01-Jul-06, 21:22
No doubt the wife will have a long list ready. First few days I shall go walk-about (well, cycle really). Possibly do Savernake Forest. Get in a fishing trip maybe. Then it'll be paint the shed and fencing for a starters. :eek:

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 21:24
I feel sorry for you painting Ricco, I hate that job it never seems to end once you start!!!!!

abalone
01-Jul-06, 21:26
I'm spending a week in Lybster this month.:D

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 21:28
I'm going to Perth for a BBQ :) the sausages had better be good :)

Ricco
01-Jul-06, 23:21
I feel sorry for you painting Ricco, I hate that job it never seems to end once you start!!!!!
Its especially bad in the summer 'cos you're out in all the heat and sun. [disgust]

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 09:27
Off to Crete for 2 weeks with little sis and her family, can't wait! :cool: :cool:

cuddlepop
02-Jul-06, 10:25
You going to take your camera so you can post pictures of Crete on the web pages here porshiepoo?
Just think we might even get a world tour without leaving the computer:lol:

katarina
02-Jul-06, 12:56
You going to take your camera so you can post pictures of Crete on the web pages here porshiepoo?

rhodes for me in october

airdlass
02-Jul-06, 12:59
Hoping to go up to Orkney.

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 15:05

Yep I certainly will!

golach
02-Jul-06, 15:19
Just got back from Paphos Cyprus, had a grand time, visited my cousin from Scrabster, who is living there now:)

porshiepoo
02-Jul-06, 15:23
Just got back from Paphos Cyprus, had a grand time, visited my cousin from Scrabster, who is living there now:)

I'm sooooooooooo jealous!
I went there a few years ago with my little sis and her family and my mum and absolutely loved it.
Stayed in the coral bay area (Ithink) and although the apartments were a dive with sewerage everywhere, Cyprus was an amazing place and I'd love to go back again.

young_fishin_neep
02-Jul-06, 15:38
3 weeks in england to see me friends and family :D

kaz xx

obiron
02-Jul-06, 15:48
holiday at home. painting no doubt.

Elenna
02-Jul-06, 15:50
I'm going to visit a friend of mine in Oregon...not til the last week in Sept/first part of Oct, though. Too much work to do during the summer seeing that visitors here have a good time on their hols! :)

dirdyweeker
02-Jul-06, 19:41
6 weeks of long lies, late nights no routine........wonderful! Any school holidays are always most welcome. It is great to have no ferrying to various activities and just not having to shout " get to bed or you wont be able to get up in the morning for school!" I love it!

Margaret M.
02-Jul-06, 19:45
Two weeks from today I leave for three weeks in not Crete, Cyprus or even Perth. I'm heading to sunny Caithness.

dirdyweeker
02-Jul-06, 19:48
Two weeks from today I leave for three weeks in not Crete, Cyprus or even Perth. I'm heading to sunny Caithness.

Lucky you.....wonderful place and plenty to do this holidays. Enjoy yourself and our wonderful weather.

cuddlepop
02-Jul-06, 21:30
Margaret M you'll have a great time in Caithness even wnen the weather turns miserable its still different if you no what i mean.
To anyone whose stuck at home maybe we could enjoy a hol through the photo forum?:roll: :Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 21:42
holiday at home. painting no doubt.

Man,I thought it was Barbados .Looks like its just me and a tin o' Dulux this year!!!:lol: :lol:

cuddlepop
02-Jul-06, 21:46
Cedric,you could paint yourselve a wall murial and pretend its Barbados[lol]

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 21:47
Cedric,you could paint yourselve a wall murial and pretend its Barbados[lol]Cedric, you're rumbled!! Who's murial..lol:eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 21:49
Cedric,you could paint yourselve a wall murial and pretend its Barbados[lol]

Not a bad idea that cuddlepop.Or a mural of Dunnet Head Lighthouse.....a place of mystical happenings!!!Obiron would be wanting her Manhatten Skyline Wallpaper though!!!!:lol:

cuddlepop
02-Jul-06, 21:50
Connie my spelling is awful but i think you know what i mean[lol] but then again maybe there is a Muriel?lol

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 21:50
A weekend in Staxigoe sounds good;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 21:52
Cedric, you're rumbled!! Who's murial..lol:eek:

An auld pal.....we don't see much of each other anymore!!!:o

Margaret M.
03-Jul-06, 01:10
Dirdyweeker and Cuddlepop, I was born in Caithness and I love to come back home. The comfy temps are a welcome break from the miserable summer heat and humidity here. I never fully appreciated Caithness' beauty until after I left.

KennyL
03-Jul-06, 04:36
Margaret,

I think I understand what you mean about the heat and humidity! We have just moved from Caithness to Canada. The weather can be really oppressive at times, saps all of your strength. Never mind winter is coming!
I still believe that this place has a lot more going for it than Caithness though, half the population twice the facilities and stunning scenery.

Ricco
03-Jul-06, 07:18
Margaret,

I think I understand what you mean about the heat and humidity! We have just moved from Caithness to Canada. The weather can be really oppressive at times, saps all of your strength. Never mind winter is coming!
I still believe that this place has a lot more going for it than Caithness though, half the population twice the facilities and stunning scenery.

Hi, Kenny. Welcome to the org. I know what you mean about the heat - you must be in Ontario? It can get almost as bad here. Spent Sunday down in Crawley for my neice's birthday and ended up with heat stroke!

Supposed to be even hotter today - yuk! :~(

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 11:59
Connie my spelling is awful but i think you know what i mean[lol] but then again maybe there is a Muriel?lol

cedrics secret is out , he only calls himself muriel at the weekends though;)

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 12:02
oh and i just got rid of the rugrats to their grannies for 3 weeks , we're not going any holidays til october then its 2 weeks in gran canaria

cuddlepop
03-Jul-06, 13:56
lucky you it'll be like having two holidays,one just now away from the kids and then the biggy in October:lol: .Set you up nicely for the winter that last burst of summer:Razz