PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

squidge
17-Jun-04, 17:06
Well folks im just about packed. The removal van arrives Saturday morning and im away to live elsewhere tomorrow.

I moved to Caithness almost 8 years ago and i can say i have LOVED living here. This is a special place and it will always be so for me. Where i am sitting just now i can see the windmills faintly on the horizon, i can see Morven and the differences in the landscape. I love the changing skies and i will miss the feeling of space and freedom that 180 degrees of sky can give you.

To the friends i have made whilst i have been here i say thank you. Never once have i been made to feel like i dont belong despite being ***whispers*** english. I have met people that have made me laugh and I have been touched by the kindness i found amongst the people of Caithness, especially at times that were very difficult for me. People here have always been - without exception - welcoming and interested in me, kind and supportive of my children and myself.

There will be lots of things i will miss, a sneaky paddle on reiss beach before i go to work in the morning and then leaving a little pile of sand under the meeting table, the sound of the lapwings and the curlews that i hear in my back garden, the short nights in summer and watching the snow march across the county from my window in winter, the rainbows are fantastic, that layby just before you get to John O groats where you can pull in and see the islands set out before you in all their glory. The peace and quiet that i have found in so many places. The kareoke at the Camps on a saturday night lol. I could go on and on.

There are of course things about Caithness that arent so good, but to be honest i dont care about them. I shall take away with me a lasting memory of all the things i mentioned and i shall miss being here more than i expected to when i arrived eight years ago.

:o)

jjc
17-Jun-04, 23:00
Hey Squidge,

I hope you are moving on to brighter and better things… don’t disappear off the board though – we can reminisce together over the views we don’t see and the people we don’t meet anymore.

Hope the move goes well. Let us know when you get safely where you’re going?

htwood
17-Jun-04, 23:25
Safe journey, squidge! Set up your computer before you set up your bed.
You can always sleep on the floor, but hey, nothing like chatting with friends.
As they say in the Wild West, see ya around the campfire. -Helen

JAWS
18-Jun-04, 00:05
squidge, from what you say I take it you are leaving because of work. I hope it's for promotion, more money, more time off and less work and that you enjoy your new place as much as you obviously enjoyed Caithness.

Remember, when the time comes Caithness will still be here to welcome you back!

Keep joining in on the Board and keep smiling. It gets the bosses worried!! :Razz

Doolally
18-Jun-04, 23:59
Cheerio Squidge. Hope you enjoy your new home! :D

So that's why the A&L is closing.....Squidge changed branches and now there's no money left!! ;)

THOTKU
19-Jun-04, 09:23
Best of luck Squidge. I left Catihness when I was 21 and I've been a regular visitor ever since, as I suspect you will too. Once it gets under your skin, I don't think you ever quite get over it. When I sit in the 4 mile queue of traffic every evening in Hampshire, I quite often think to myself, I wouldn't be having this amount of aggravation in Westerdale. One day, I'll bcome back for good.

golach
19-Jun-04, 16:09
Squidge, pal
as I consider myself a priviledged person ( because I have met you and enjoyed your company ) I wish you all the best on your latest venture and please keep in touch
Golach

sassylass
19-Jun-04, 19:21
I admire you Squidge, this is an exciting venture! Good luck and keep in touch. Cindy

Kenn
19-Jun-04, 22:20
"Here's looking at you gal," hope the new home will be a great success and that the move goes without a hitch.Thank you for your company and the laughs..stay in touch and remember it's not too far to drive to dabble yer toes in the sea at Reiss Beach.

JAWS
20-Jun-04, 03:02
I guess by now you've already left us. :( so give us a clue.

Where have you deserted us for?
The wastes of the Central Belt?
Over the Border into the Wilderness of the North of Engalnd?
Or have you gone completely over the top and decended to the Fleshpots of London?

Come one, give us e' crack. We won't hold it against you! :D

Besides - I'm dead nosey..... :roll:

JAWS
20-Jun-04, 22:08
Welcome back squidge.

Don't keep us in suspense. Fill us in with the gory details! :D

squidge
20-Jun-04, 22:12
Hey Folks

Well here i am - i have arrived in one piece. I am almost unpacked all my furniture fits and i have slept here for one night. I think i am going to be happy here. A few niggles but nothing that i cant get sorted. I have both a study and a dining room so i feel very pleased with my new place.

Everything in the garden is rosyand i look forward to everything working out.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for your kind words and good wishes.

Squidge xxxxxxx

MadPict
21-Jun-04, 00:15
All the best for the future :D

squidge
21-Jun-04, 17:30
and guess what...............

I ordered broadband today - yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:D

golach
21-Jun-04, 19:06
Squidge, welcome to the 21st Century

Golach

JAWS
21-Jun-04, 20:14
Squidge stop showing off, that's just rubbing it in!
Caithness will get there eventually, or so they keep promising!

golach
21-Jun-04, 21:32
Jaws Sorry I didna mean till crow
Golach

JAWS
21-Jun-04, 21:37
I forgive you and I promise not to sulk.
Well, not for too long anyway. :D

wickchick
21-Jun-04, 22:03
Good Luck hope you have had a great time love ya ashleigh xxx