PDA

View Full Version : Chemist Direct

Shabbychic
23-Jul-10, 14:18
With all the crazy delivery charges for up here, I would like to recommend a company that treats us the same as the rest of the UK.

Chemist Direct (http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/) is an online Pharmacy, but sells so much more than just medicines, and at really good prices. For orders under £40 there is a charge of £3.45 regardless of size or weight or postcode. Orders over £40 are FREE, even for up here, and they usually deliver via Royal Mail, so no waiting for couriers who deliver when they feel like it.

I have used them quite a few times, and had great service, but recently I decided to put their claim of delivery regardless of size or weight to the test. I ordered a couple of smaller items plus 15kgs of dog food and 12.75kgs of parrot food. At the checkout, I waited for the usual exclusions to my postcode, but no, I still got the free delivery because my order was over £40. 3 days later my order was delivered by the postman.

So not only were they cheaper for the items I purchased, but they did give me free delivery.

What I also like about this site is the fact they have Live Help Online, where you can just go and chat to someone about a query you have, there and then, without incurring extra phone expenses or waiting for an email response.

I just thought I'd recommend this company, as I am so sick of being treated as a postcode leper.

poppett
25-Jul-10, 00:29
Thanks for the link. There are a few good bargains to be had, and the RM delivery is well worth it.

rangers1873
27-Jul-10, 18:00
have used this company a couple of times, really good for tropical fish treatments and accessories most of the stuff was between £1 and £2 cheaper than pets at home, only downside was when i placed order it didnt tell me things were out of stock, only found out when i recieved my order. but would still recommend to anyone

poppett
28-Jul-10, 18:53
One click pharmacy offers free delivery over £35 and have some products on buy two get one free offers.