PDA

View Full Version : Org night out

changilass
30-Jun-06, 16:35
Hiya folks

I know I have left it a bitty late (just found out I am able to go), is anyone going from Castletown or Thurso who would be willing to let me share a cab with them. Thanks

Changi:D

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 16:57
Only 1 Ive heard of was Gleber2 & chobbers jnr, but that wasnt confirmed. Get a Wick taxi to pick ye up as theyre a bit cheaper than Thurso cabs, And I should ken;)

Moira
30-Jun-06, 16:59
Hiya folks

I know I have left it a bitty late (just found out I am able to go), is anyone going from Castletown or Thurso who would be willing to let me share a cab with them. Thanks

I've pm'd you

crystal
30-Jun-06, 17:35
hey stone rose. i just wanna say that i may not be alowed in to spoons coz im under age andall:( ill try to come in just to say hi i hope they let me in for a few seconds at least me:roll:

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 17:48
Crystal, I dont know who ye are & Ye dont know who I am? So how will I know if its ye tryin to say hello? Do ye ken how many underagers get flung oot of spoons in a weekend?
There is a beer garden, so pray that its still sunny & some 1 will get ye in, packing you in coat pockets or hats , worth a tenner?[lol] If ye want to get in that is

Chobbersjnr
30-Jun-06, 17:56
Crystal, I dont know who ye are & Ye dont know who I am? So how will I know if its ye tryin to say hello? Do ye ken how many underagers get flung oot of spoons in a weekend?
There is a beer garden, so pray that its still sunny & some 1 will get ye in, packing you in coat pockets or hats , worth a tenner?[lol] If ye want to get in that is

hmmmmmmm I'll have a hat (assuming I've got a head)

a black leather fedora style thang

yeah baby yeah:Razz

myself Gleber2 & Gleeber are coming along with a singer I'm working with called Mina

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 18:01
hmmmmmmm I'll have a hat (assuming I've got a head)

a black leather fedora style thang

yeah baby yeah:Razz

myself Gleber2 & Gleeber are coming along with a singer I'm working with called Mina

Classic hats the Fedoras, hint of mobster touch, ace[lol]

changilass
30-Jun-06, 18:56
Thanks very much for all the help, will see you all there

crystal
30-Jun-06, 19:23
There is a beer garden, so pray that its still sunny & some 1 will get ye in, packing you in coat pockets or hats , worth a tenner? If ye want to get in that is i realy realy wanna go but it looks very doughtful now as my dad just talked to the manager and he said their is nooooooo way[disgust] im realy mift....but my mum (elenna) will be there shell tell you all about me. very mift i cant come. [disgust]

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 19:31
See, I rest my case, You are all 1 person with alter egos LOL, tomorrow Im gona register as Ian Brown, Axel Rose & Maddona . Ill get harassed off the stage too:Razz :Razz

crystal
30-Jun-06, 19:37
i am not rose or big jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! y? o y? o y? do u think that???????? :eek: anyway they are proberly goin to be there and proberly wayyyyyyy older than me[disgust]

crystal
30-Jun-06, 19:39
anyway how can i be all 3 i cant log on as 3 people[disgust] and how can i be them when thye have conversations with me:eek:

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 19:40
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYGB) I think Ill leave ye now, Its friday night, its time for a pint. still dont believe you though, Adios senorita,ROTFL

crystal
30-Jun-06, 19:42
i just wanna no y you think im all 3?????????:eek: :confused:

Tugmistress
30-Jun-06, 19:44
Have a good night all, can't come through got the kids and can't leave them at home :(
will be thinking of you all and i really hope to make the next one :D

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 19:46
[quote=crystal]i just wanna no y you think im all 3?????????/quote]

Log in to my other site, followfollow & youll understand soon enough.[lol] Bye bye Its time for a pint or 2 :Razz

crystal
30-Jun-06, 19:48
ok enjoy your pint:roll:

pink
30-Jun-06, 19:52
I cant go either but all this pint talk is making me thirsty

Elenna
30-Jun-06, 19:53
See, I rest my case, You are all 1 person with alter egos LOL, tomorrow Im gona register as Ian Brown, Axel Rose & Maddona . Ill get harassed off the stage too:Razz :Razz

Personally, I consider it rather a compliment, dear SR...That someone thinks I am some kind of literary genius that can so convincingly create a number of different "characters" and write in two...possibly three, or even more...literary styles is very high praise! Thank you very much, indeed!

Saltire and I are just on our way into town. See you shortly!

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 19:54
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYGB) Guess whoin 5 mins?

Bingobabe
30-Jun-06, 22:02
I have just heard its going well!!!! About 20 people have turned up.:Razz

Margaret M.
30-Jun-06, 22:15
I hope everyone is having/had a great time. I don't suppose there will be another get together in July/August.

Big Jean
30-Jun-06, 22:20
I am sure Stone Roses will be sorry to hear you will not be at the " do " with everyone . I am not there either so that will give food for thought as well !! Both of us -- absent !! Hmmmm !! Can you just hear the wheels turning !!! While I can't speak for Rose, and as much as I hate to say, you are right that I am a great deal older compared to yourself !! I certainly could get in to spoons, no problem there !!! Hope Elenna gets her two drinks of choice, she is owed that !!! J.

highlander
30-Jun-06, 22:45
Its great to hear that so many have turned out for a great night out, i could not attend due to illness,but it did not stop me taking the dort!!! can we plz
have the next one in thurso

Bingobabe
30-Jun-06, 22:51
Its great to hear that so many have turned out for a great night out, i could not attend due to illness,but it did not stop me taking the dort!!! can we plz
have the next one in thursoI am sure there is gonna be another one this year stone roses told me sooooo. I will be there next time!!!:Razz

obiron
30-Jun-06, 22:56
hope there is another one its no fun when your the one babysitting.

airdlass
30-Jun-06, 23:00
Would love to come to the next one so hopefully I can book some hols at that time.Haven't been home for a while so combine the two:Razz

katarina
01-Jul-06, 00:16
I've just come back. Great night was had by all - even nial and bill turned up! I left them all getting in another round!
But (Yawn) old age catches up with us all!

crystal
01-Jul-06, 00:19
:D yer id proberly still b 2 young:roll: but i hope everyone had a good time

Foxy
01-Jul-06, 00:35
Just home from org night out, everybody was having a good time.

Elenna
01-Jul-06, 00:47
I'm home too...and it was great! What a lovely bunch of people, and lots of laughs. It was wonderful meeting you all, and now I can put Real faces to a few typefaces!

:confused Errmm...Big Jean, Rose, and Crystal...unfortunately since I was the only One of us present, there still seems to be some debate about who is who...or not, as the case may be. :roll:

crystal
01-Jul-06, 00:51
thats ok i think i can tolerate it for now am goin to have to anyway:roll: glad to hear eveyone had a good time. mab elenna can point out to me in the street who is who if we ever see anyone:lol:

Fran
01-Jul-06, 01:12
I was very dissapointed not to get to the get-together last night, but will make sure i will go to the next one and can offer a lift if anyone needs one.

Gleber2
01-Jul-06, 01:14
We decided that the next one will be at Dunnet Head Lighthouse. Hope ye can all come. We'll supply the music and food.

connieb19
01-Jul-06, 01:17
I'm home now too. Cannot wait until the next do at the lighthouse. it was a great night and not a mention of ASDA all night. There was also a few lurkers there, who should have come over and joined in, never mind, it's their loss!!:roll:

golach
01-Jul-06, 01:19
I am both jealous and envious, glad you all had a great time

changilass
01-Jul-06, 01:31
That's me home, nice to meet everyone and can't wait for the next one at the lighthouse, thanks for the invite
:D

Moira
01-Jul-06, 01:34
That's me just in - great night out had by all. Looking forward to the next "do" - we've all been invited to the Lighthouse - wow! Hubby thinks I'm making it up because of my alcohol induced state - he won't believe I've been drinking iced tea all evening :lol:

changilass
01-Jul-06, 01:37
That's me just in - great night out had by all. Looking forward to the next "do" - we've all been invited to the Lighthouse - wow! Hubby thinks I'm making it up because of my alcohol induced state - he won't believe I've been drinking iced tea all evening :lol:

Very nice iced tea it was too:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Jul-06, 01:50
A really good night.....but what wid ye expect fae orgers.This truly is a crackin' community site.Bring on the lighthouse!!Forget yir computers,cos us orgers Know how to party.First one's in and last one's oot!!!:lol: :lol:

Chobbersjnr
01-Jul-06, 01:57
A really good night.....but what wid ye expect fae orgers.This truly is a crackin' community site.Bring on the lighthouse!!Forget yir computers,cos us orgers Know how to party.First one's in and last one's oot!!!:lol: :lol:

& if ye come tae the lichthouse, I'll never leave

what a night, great crack sticking faces to names & Mina the "unofficial orger" enjoyed hersel n' all

& BTW I spoke to Niall about supermarkets & how chilled out 24 hour shopping is, especially after a gig (or drownk)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Jul-06, 02:00
& if ye come tae the lichthouse, I'll never leave

what a night, great crack sticking faces to names & Mina the "unofficial orger" enjoyed hersel n' all

& BTW I spoke to Niall about supermarkets & how chilled out 24 hour shopping is, especially after a gig (or drownk)

Hey Chobbers ye still look younger and sound younger than I thought ye were.:lol: :lol:

Bingobabe
01-Jul-06, 02:09
Hey Chobbers ye still look younger and sound younger than I thought ye were.:lol: What have you done to my hubby hes in his bed way a basin!!![lol]

changilass
01-Jul-06, 02:12
What have you done to my hubby hes in his bed way a basin!!![lol]

Must have been sumat wrong with the lemonade in his last drink:lol:

Bingobabe
01-Jul-06, 02:15
Must have been sumat wrong with the lemonade in his last drink:lol:MMMMMM must of been some strong lemonade!!! lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Jul-06, 02:16
What have you done to my hubby hes in his bed way a basin!!![lol]

Dinnae worry he was in his best behaviour....he only expected 5 but he got 20 instead!!!Ye and obiron will be at the lighthouse though.....Withoot a doubt!!!:lol:

canuck
01-Jul-06, 03:29
We decided that the next one will be at Dunnet Head Lighthouse. Hope ye can all come. We'll supply the music and food.

When? When? I'll start hunting down the best ticket buys. And DrSzin if you are still looking for a World Cup Sweep Prize a round trip from Glasgow to Toronto would be totally acceptable to the person who was "assigned" Germany.

It sounds like everyone had a grand time.

rockchick
01-Jul-06, 08:01
It was a great night-out. Tristan and I enjoyed meeting the faces behind the names. We'd left before the suggestion of the light-house but it's a good one! Can't wait.

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 09:32
I'm home now too. Cannot wait until the next do at the lighthouse. it was a great night and not a mention of ASDA all night. There was also a few lurkers there, who should have come over and joined in, never mind, it's their loss!!:roll:
Was that me who got caught lurking :o I only managed to get out for a wee while, but was too shy and too sober to go over and say hello.I was'nt trying to be rude honestly.I'm sure i'll come out the next time though

katarina
01-Jul-06, 09:58

How about a bed for the night - or will we bring our tents?

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 10:03
How about a bed for the night - or will we bring our tents?

Bill said hed stick a bus on for us(I think)

katarina
01-Jul-06, 10:03

Honestly, Moira, connie and I were all on the 'iced tea'! mind you, You were just starting on another pitcher of the stuff when I left!

Elenna
01-Jul-06, 10:17

The lighthouse idea must have gotten planned after we left, as well, but it sounds absolutely brilliant! Saltire and I are looking forward to it already, and I assume, then, that the youngsters will be able to come without any problem?...Crystal will be very excited to hear!

I will look forward to meeting you both, Obiron and Bingobabe, and all of the rest who couldn't come, for whatever reason...

Honestly, Moira, connie and I were all on the 'iced tea'! mind you, You were just starting on another pitcher of the stuff when I left!

You ladies were all really tossing back that tea, too! ;) HeeHee. Mind you, I've got kind of a muzzy head this morning from just the appletise...too much sugar!

gleeber
01-Jul-06, 10:21
I enjoyed the night out too. The highlight for me was when Gleber2 was mistaken for my father. :D

connieb19
01-Jul-06, 10:23
I enjoyed the night out too. The highlight for me was when Gleber2 was mistaken for my father. :DYour father? LOL the best one I heard was when he was mistaken for your wife!!:lol:

Elenna
01-Jul-06, 10:27
Your father? LOL the best one I heard was when he was mistaken for your wife!!:lol:

They would make a cute couple, don't you think, connie? ;)

Niall Fernie
01-Jul-06, 10:36
Was good fun, next time I'll have to go out earlier and pre-arrange a late pass.

Very strange though, a night out where talking about Caithness.Org for hours was a good thing :)

golach
01-Jul-06, 10:45
I enjoyed the night out too. The highlight for me was when Gleber2 was mistaken for my father.
Mistaken for your faither :roll: I thought you pair were soul sisters [lol]

katarina
01-Jul-06, 10:46
I'm coming to Edinburgh soon. Could we have an edinburgh based orgers night out? just for li'l me?

crystal
01-Jul-06, 11:21
We decided that the next one will be at Dunnet Head Lighthouse. Hope ye can all come. We'll supply the music and food. will all ages be alowed at the next one at the light house? coz if so i would realy realy like to go :D

Moira
01-Jul-06, 11:28
Was that me who got caught lurking :o I only managed to get out for a wee while, but was too shy and too sober to go over and say hello.I was'nt trying to be rude honestly.I'm sure i'll come out the next time though

Don't feel bad candyfloss - you weren't the only "lurker" last night - there were a few more dotted around. It does feel a bit weird meeting your fellow Orgers & doing the "confession" bit - "I am ........... & I am an Orger" [lol] Hope to see you at the next bash.

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 12:12
I'll really will make sure i'm at the next one :D i really wanted to go over and say hello, but i could'nt pluck up the courage, i should have just stood on top of the table and shouted Hi everybody i'm candyfloss[lol] or maybe not!

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 12:15
I could kick myself today for not going, you all seemed to have a really good night...........all week it was will I go no I wont, yes Im going no Im not..........in the end I bottled out, the thought of putting faces to the names and meeting yous all I couldnt handle! :eek: Can I come the next time please? :Razz

connieb19
01-Jul-06, 13:05
I'll really will make sure i'm at the next one i really wanted to go over and say hello, but i could'nt pluck up the courage, i should have just stood on top of the table and shouted Hi everybody i'm candyfloss[lol] or maybe not!We just all sat saying look there's candyfloss instead..lol:lol:

Gleber2
01-Jul-06, 13:26
will all ages be alowed at the next one at the light house? coz if so i would realy realy like to go :D

Of course!!!!!
Phoenix, if you don't come to the next one I will come down and drag you up, you silly woman!!!!

crystal
01-Jul-06, 13:27
Of course!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!:lol: VERY VERY HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

crystal
01-Jul-06, 13:27
AM DEFENATLY COMING THE NEXT TIME THEN!:lol: :lol:

candyfloss
01-Jul-06, 13:29
We just all sat saying look there's candyfloss instead..lol:lol:
Like it connie LOL[lol]

Chobbersjnr
01-Jul-06, 13:48
I won't be wearing my trilby. Fedora indeed

here's one

Hello my name is Chobbers & I'm an orgaholic:Razz :Razz

yeeha can't wait

BTW if you see a bridge to orkney IT'S NOT REALLY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you've just had to much to drink

katarina
01-Jul-06, 14:11
I won't be wearing my trilby. Fedora indeed

here's one

Hello my name is Chobbers & I'm an orgaholic:Razz :Razz

yeeha can't wait

BTW if you see a bridge to orkney IT'S NOT REALLY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you've just had to much to drink

As long he doesn't try to cross it!!!!

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 17:32
Of course!!!!!
Phoenix, if you don't come to the next one I will come down and drag you up, you silly woman!!!!

Thanks Gleber2! :Razz Im no a silly woman, hormonal/menopausal maybe!:} Ive got 3 months is it to get over my fear of meeting other orgers.........should I see a psychiatrist do you think? :eek:

crystal
01-Jul-06, 18:30
Thanks Gleber2! Im no a silly woman, hormonal/menopausal maybe!:} Ive got 3 months is it to get over my fear of meeting other orgers.........should I see a psychiatrist do you think? lol i dont think you should see a phychiatris you seem sane enough to me:lol: but i realy hope you do come to the next one coz it looks like im goin to go and if im going anyone can so please come phoenix it will be soooooo much fun:lol:

katarina
01-Jul-06, 19:00
lol i dont think you should see a phychiatris you seem sane enough to me:lol: but i realy hope you do come to the next one coz it looks like im goin to go and if im going anyone can so please come phoenix it will be soooooo much fun:lol:

hope some other young ones can come along, otherwise you'll be stuck with a lot of wrinklies all night! oops sorry jnr.

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:04
Connie & I arent wrinklies Katarina:D

Gleber2
01-Jul-06, 19:34

Are you insinuating that the rest of us are?

scrapydoo
01-Jul-06, 19:36
You are not a kick in the bum of 34 , not sure about connie, but your not getting any younger like the rest of us wrinklies!

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 19:42
LOL ye do ken me then, Ye must be about the same then eh?

sorry Gleber2 erm that came out wrong, I was 3rd youngest there last night is what I shouldve typed. Good meeting ye again though, must be 16 years since I last did. I look forward to the Ranch meeting though

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 19:48
lol i dont think you should see a phychiatris you seem sane enough to me:lol: but i realy hope you do come to the next one coz it looks like im goin to go and if im going anyone can so please come phoenix it will be soooooo much fun:lol:

Aww thanks crystal! :} I just want to ask Gleber2 if we're allowed booze and to dance, I know you said something about youd supply the music and food..........I aint coming if theres no booze and if there is booze after one or two I get this urge to dance I cant sit still.......one of the reasons I never went last night.......At my tim eof life I find after 2 drinks I need to move or I slump into a stupor! :{

Tugmistress
01-Jul-06, 20:15
is the invite just for the ones that made it last night or for those of us who couldn't come too?
wish i had been able to be there it sounds like an exceptional time was had by all! :lol:

crystal
01-Jul-06, 20:37
hope some other young ones can come along, otherwise you'll be stuck with a lot of wrinklies all night! oops sorry jnr. na i enjoy hanging out with "wrinklies" as you say they can be as much fun as the younger people:D

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 20:40
na i enjoy hanging out with "wrinklies" as you say they can be as much fun as the ouner people:D
crystal careful they might un-invite you :)

crystal
01-Jul-06, 20:44
im sorry am i offending people? i was trying to give complements:roll:

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 20:47
im sorry am i offending people? i was trying to give complements:roll:
nah just playing with you lol ;)

crystal
01-Jul-06, 20:50
ok, just tell me if i do offend people coz most of the time i dont mean too:roll:

unicorn
01-Jul-06, 20:51
Thats one of the beauties of being young you can always put your foot in it and get away with it!!!!!!!!

crystal
01-Jul-06, 20:52
teehee yer some times.

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 21:00
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYGB)

This is the offended bus, luckily Crystal , Im not in it LOL

zappster
01-Jul-06, 21:10
Am seek im offshore & missed the night oot!

willowbankbear
01-Jul-06, 21:21
[lol] Well dont despair too much Zappster, we`re going to have another gig at gleber2`s later in the year, Im hoping Ill be home, not sure what days Ill be home though. I suggested September but im not sure what Gleber2 has in mind. You did miss a great night though rofl a few times

crystal
01-Jul-06, 21:29
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYGB)

This is the offended bus, luckily Crystal , Im not in it LOL
ok hope i dont offend anyone as i said tell me if i do actualy offend people and ill try to correct my self:D

Gleber2
01-Jul-06, 21:41
Phoenix, I'll supply food and music. You want dance and booze, you bring your own feet and bottle.

The invitation went out to the Org but I reckon I could cope with as many as would like to come. When time gets closer we will find out how many want to come and take it from there

September is pretty busy for me but October is pretty clear so we can work from there.

Crystal, don't let there young punks wind you up. You're cool, they're not.

crystal
01-Jul-06, 21:49
Phoenix, I'll supply food and music. You want dance and booze, you bring your own feet and bottle.

The invitation went out to the Org but I reckon I could cope with as many as would like to come. When time gets closer we will find out how many want to come and take it from there

September is pretty busy for me but October is pretty clear so we can work from there.

Crystal, don't let there young punks wind you up. You're cool, they're not. thanks i apreciate the support:cool: october sound brillient to me elenna returns from her trip on the 13th of october so i think any time after that would suit her :lol:

katarina
01-Jul-06, 21:59

Compared to Crystal you are!!

katarina
01-Jul-06, 22:02
na i enjoy hanging out with "wrinklies" as you say they can be as much fun as the younger people:D

Of course they can - even more so I would say! And it IS a complement Crystal. Don't worry about offending anyone - I don't.

crystal
01-Jul-06, 22:20
Of course they can - even more so I would say! And it IS a complement Crystal. Don't worry about offending anyone - I don't. ok thanks for the complement:lol:

Ricco
01-Jul-06, 23:09
So, it turns out that Crystal was speaking the truth? She is the young'n that she claimed? I notice that Stone Roses hasn't said anything about the night out. Hope everyone had fun - wish I could have been there. :cool:

phoenix
01-Jul-06, 23:37
[quote=Gleber2]Phoenix, I'll supply food and music. You want dance and booze, you bring your own feet and bottle.

My apologies I didnt mean to be cheeky Gleber2, I wasnt meaning that I expected you to supply booze, sorry if it came out like that! :o

crystal
01-Jul-06, 23:41
So, it turns out that Crystal was speaking the truth? She is the young'n that she claimed? I notice that Stone Roses hasn't said anything about the night out. Hope everyone had fun - wish I could have been there. :cool: thanks at least someone belives me now lol

Chobbersjnr
01-Jul-06, 23:56
I notice that Stone Roses hasn't said anything about the night out. Hope everyone had fun - wish I could have been there. :cool:

yes he has, he's just got his cloak of invisability on

& Crystal I must agree that the older chappies are generally more crack than the youngsters these days, especially the youngsters that think it "uncool to talk"

anyhoo I'd better watch I'm on the countdown to 30..........shwee & I'm slowly going bald

crystal
01-Jul-06, 23:59
yes he has, he's just got his cloak of invisability on

& Crystal I must agree that the older chappies are generally more crack than the youngsters these days, especially the youngsters that think it "uncool to talk"

anyhoo I'd better watch I'm on the countdown to 30..........shwee & I'm slowly going bald thats ok ill generaly talk to anyone just as long they are nice and they will talk to me :)

crystal
02-Jul-06, 00:04
well in my mind when you all have the next "org get together" and i find my self beeing the only "young'n" there i wont be hard to spot then will i? lol:lol:

Chobbersjnr
02-Jul-06, 00:07
well in my mind when you all have the next "org get together" and i find my self beeing the only "young'n" there i wont be hard to spot then will i? lol:lol:

true words, true words

hmmmmmm methinks I'll put on my young face for the next one

Gleber2
02-Jul-06, 02:34
[
My apologies I didnt mean to be cheeky Gleber2, I wasnt meaning that I expected you to supply booze, sorry if it came out like that! :o
You weren't being cheeky and it never came out like that---Silly woman.:Razz

ice box
02-Jul-06, 14:14
So where's the photos for all of us that couldn't make it ?

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 14:17
I dont recall anybody taking photos

Niall Fernie
02-Jul-06, 18:19
My camera was only half way out of my pocket when the shrieks of "NOOOOOO PHOTOS" started :) So I didn't take any.

Elenna
02-Jul-06, 18:25
And anyone else who tried had their photos spoiled by the HUGE reflection of the flash :eek:...of off Cedrics, Gleber2s, and willowbankbears heads ;)

krieve
02-Jul-06, 18:34
GRR lol i knew i should have gone along as a lurker with my camera taking photos of you lot [lol]

changilass
02-Jul-06, 18:34
Might encourage a few more to come to the next 'do', if that's the only way to see people:lol:

krieve
02-Jul-06, 18:37
I would have come but i was to shy.:o

candyfloss
02-Jul-06, 19:43
GRR lol i knew i should have gone along as a lurker with my camera taking photos of you lot [lol]
Grr.. never thought to take my camera with me when i was lurking, i could have sold them to the " Groat" for a loads o money [lol]

Bingobabe
02-Jul-06, 19:56
well in my mind when you all have the next "org get together" and i find my self beeing the only "young'n" there i wont be hard to spot then will i? lol:lol:Nope you wont be the only young one im 24 this month so thats still young!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 21:56
And anyone else who tried had their photos spoiled by the HUGE reflection of the flash :eek:...of off Cedrics, Gleber2s, and willowbankbears heads ;)

Nice one Elenna.Thats me bald and proud!!

I don't think i'm a wrinklie,yet!!Only when I've been in the bath too long playing wi' ma rubber ducky!!!!

Gleber2
02-Jul-06, 22:17
Nice one Elenna.Thats me bald and proud!!

I don't think i'm a wrinklie,yet!!Only when I've been in the bath too long playing wi' ma rubber ducky!!!!

Heard it called many things Cedric but "rubber ducky". I ask you!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 22:22
Heard it called many things Cedric but "rubber ducky". I ask you!!!!

Honestly Gleber 2,Its yellow and floats on the surface.Ach I better shut up I'm bragging now.Either that or a need a doctor!!!!:lol: :lol:

willowbankbear
02-Jul-06, 22:24
I think ye need that vehicle that Fran is driving Cedric[lol]

changilass
02-Jul-06, 22:27
Honestly Gleber 2,Its yellow and floats on the surface.Ach I better shut up I'm bragging now.Either that or a need a doctor!!!!:lol:

forget the doctor, go straight to the hospital, it might explode:eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jul-06, 22:33

But it won't make a noishhh if I ushe my schilencer Misssh Moneypenny.:lol:

Chobbersjnr
02-Jul-06, 23:44

hmmmmmmmm I'm no Sherlock but I'd say you've been watching hearbeat??

& the young uns percentage is getting stronger I'm 25 (honest Cedric I am, I think??)

connieb19
02-Jul-06, 23:49
How young do you have to be to be classed as one of the young uns?:confused

changilass
02-Jul-06, 23:55
hmmmmmmmm I'm no Sherlock but I'd say you've been watching hearbeat??

& the young uns percentage is getting stronger I'm 25 (honest Cedric I am, I think??)

Never watch it Chobbers, it got silly after the first couple

Gleber2
03-Jul-06, 00:25
How young do you have to be to be classed as one of the young uns?:confused

Fifty five.

changilass
03-Jul-06, 00:36
[quote=Gleber2]Fifty five.[/quote

I'm definately one of the young uns then:lol:

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 00:44
Never watch it Chobbers, it got silly after the first couple

true, but are you aware that the episode the nicht had the docs being blasterated 2 smithereenicles

changilass
03-Jul-06, 00:46
true, but are you aware that the episode the nicht had the docs being blasterated 2 smithereenicles

No I wasn't, you obviously watch it more than I do lol

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 00:49
No I wasn't, you obviously watch it more than I do lol

catching it in bits as I was slaving over a hot soundboard (& still am, just finishing)

I particularly like the soundtrack

canuck
03-Jul-06, 04:30
Fifty five.

Wow, I made the young ones cut off. Thanks Gleber2.

Our Heartbeat tonight was an older re-run. No one was blown up. Just a bit of fainting and a bike crash.

golach
03-Jul-06, 09:12
Fifty five.
55 hmmmm? is 'at your collar size Gleber?

dunderheed
03-Jul-06, 11:37
sorry that i missed what sounds like a good night.
if i am invited to the lighthoose meet and its nearer the tale end of october (15th onwards) i will bring a barrel of my latest hobby (homebrew) with me , and for the ladies a couple of bottles of my homemade wine .

Gleber2
03-Jul-06, 11:48
sorry that i missed what sounds like a good night.
if i am invited to the lighthoose meet and its nearer the tale end of october (15th onwards) i will bring a barrel of my latest hobby (homebrew) with me , and for the ladies a couple of bottles of my homemade wine .

Invite guaranteed and the middle of Oct. is about right

Gleber2
03-Jul-06, 11:49
55 hmmmm? is 'at your collar size Gleber?

Na, it's the size of your bunnet.[evil]

Errogie
03-Jul-06, 15:48
So what's this sudden preoccupation with age which seems to be a downside of a great night out and actually meeting your buddies outside of cyberspace. It shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of good communication.

My favourite (the dirty old man's credo) is "I may be too old for you but you are not too young for me!"

Anyway many thanks everyone for a great night out, the ladies were just as beautiful and charming and the men as debonaire and accomplished as was to be expected. Incidentally the fedora was a trilby. Fedora's have a broad soft rim and are worn by jazz singers and mafioso but perhaps Chobbers has ambitions in both these directions. Another piece of useless information is that the term "trilby" was first coined by the novelist Daphne Du Mauruier's grandfather for a character he invented in one of his storys.

I also had another first, a caffeine high from too many pepsies so when I came to sleep in my van somewhere upstream on the river bank sleep was not a prospect. And then Wick's finest boy racers started their Friday night performance on the old streets so if you added a few casinos then the town could rival Monaco and finally escape from Robert Louis Stevenson's damning description "The meanest of God's towns on the baldest of God's bays" sic. Apologies for that to all Wickers past and present.

Have to say that the prospect of an org date at Dunnet Head would be very attractive as it was displayed to perfection on Saturday with views across to Hoy and Rackwick Bay which is an all time favourite. Can also vouch for the welcome and hospitality to be found there.

Continued a circuit of beaches at Dunnet and Thurso avoiding the infamous hazards of the Victoria walk and ended up catching trout all night on a loch under Morven. Through a spectacular sunset into the twilight with splashes of rising fish on all sides till 'e midgie drove us back from the water.

A great weekend in God's own County, many thanks to the orgers for taking me north again.

squidge
03-Jul-06, 16:17
Invite guaranteed and the middle of Oct. is about right

If Germany win can i still come?

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 17:52

Heck aye, but lets face it Germany aint gonna win:Razz

I reckon France V Italy final...................read it & weep squidge:Razz

Gleber2
03-Jul-06, 18:10

I reserve my opinion!!!!!LOL

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 18:41

everyone's rantin' about Germany & France.................on the pizza people

willowbankbear
03-Jul-06, 18:46
everyone's rantin' about Germany & France.................on the pizza people

Aye ye said it chobbers[lol] Forza Italia

Chobbersjnr
03-Jul-06, 18:54
Aye ye said it chobbers[lol] Forza Italia

I'd better watch I could end up fechtin' wi Gleber2:Razz

crystal
03-Jul-06, 23:03
Fifty five.fifty five! o well im very very young then :) i hope thats a good thing

crystal
03-Jul-06, 23:08
Nope you wont be the only young one im 24 this month so thats still young!!! well i cant hide it no more im 16 17 in december so yer i am very very young but i still like to have a good time:) like i said ill talk to anyone as long as they will talk to me:D

canuck
04-Jul-06, 04:03

Squidge and I are not planning to weep.

Ricco
04-Jul-06, 07:11
My favourite (the dirty old man's credo) is "I may be too old for you but you are not too young for me!"

Very good, Errogie. How about "You as young as you feel, but don't feel anyone below 16."?

Bill Fernie
04-Jul-06, 09:46
hi folks
Just to let you know I am sitting on the kitty from the night out. Just over £17. I will hold until next night out.

DrSzin
04-Jul-06, 11:04
Just to let you know I am sitting on the kitty from the night out.That's not an admission I would make in public. Orgers can get very upset at any form of cruelty to cats. :cool:

It's a real pity the Orger merchandise wasn't publicly available before Friday's night out. Everyone could have worn an I'm an .Orger badge (http://www.spreadshirt.net/image.php?type=image&partner_id=406684&product_id=3590405&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) to identify him/herself as an Orger. I can just imagine the sheepish looks on peoples' faces as they walked into 'spoons, hands partially covering badges in case they met someone they didn't want to meet. :lol:

Bill/Niall: I can't get an image of the badge to appear in this post. The "img" tag gets converted to a "url" tag whenever I try to preview or post. Is this because the url for the image involves php which the vBulletin software doesn't understand? I can add an image with a "standard" url without a problem.

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 12:05
hi folks
Just to let you know I am sitting on the kitty from the night out. Just over £17. I will hold until next night out.

Thats fine Bill , I did wonder where it went after I passed it on, its in safe hands then, mind at ease:Razz

Niall Fernie
04-Jul-06, 12:36
DrSzin, the system won't let you post an image with a dynamic url, ie anything with a query like "image.php?query=something".

Ricco
04-Jul-06, 12:47
Just checking this out for Dr. Szin

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/imageb.jpg Seems OK.

DrSzin
04-Jul-06, 13:34
DrSzin, the system won't let you post an image with a dynamic url, ie anything with a query like "image.php?query=something".Thanks Niall, I thought it might be something like that.

Just checking this out for Dr. Szin

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/imageb.jpg Seems OK.Very good. :)

Yes, I know I could have copied the image and linked to it as you did, but I was more interested in finding out why it didn't work. Once a scientist...

Bobinovich
04-Jul-06, 13:43
Very good, Errogie. How about "You as young as you feel, but don't feel anyone below 16."?

Ahhh, my favourite is "You're only as old as the woman you feel!" and seeing I'm 12 years older than Mrs. Bob that makes me feel much better about being mid to late 30's!!!

I know - cradlesnatcher ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Jul-06, 14:55
That's not an admission I would make in public. Orgers can get very upset at any form of cruelty to cats. :cool:

It's a real pity the Orger merchandise wasn't publicly available before Friday's night out. Everyone could have worn an I'm an .Orger badge (http://www.spreadshirt.net/image.php?type=image&partner_id=406684&product_id=3590405&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) to identify him/herself as an Orger. I can just imagine the sheepish looks on peoples' faces as they walked into 'spoons, hands partially covering badges in case they met someone they didn't want to meet. :lol:

Bill/Niall: I can't get an image of the badge to appear in this post. The "img" tag gets converted to a "url" tag whenever I try to preview or post. Is this because the url for the image involves php which the vBulletin software doesn't understand? I can add an image with a "standard" url without a problem.

Wisnae as bad as that Dr Szin,the light reflected of Willowbankbears head like a welcome sign that i knew I had arrived at the right place.

The best thing is,the next time at an orgers night out,most folk will know each other.Knew most folk either by posts or org. name,one of ma finds for the night was Errogie,had a look back at his posts,when i got home.Cool guy!!!Very historical!!!.....don't worry Errogie I'll not turn into a stalker!!!!

willowbankbear
04-Jul-06, 15:04
Wisnae as bad as that Dr Szin,the light reflected of Willowbankbears head like a welcome sign that i knew I had arrived at the right place.

The best thing is,the next time at an orgers night out,most folk will know each other.Knew most folk either by posts or org. name,one of ma finds for the night was Errogie,had a look back at his posts,when i got home.Cool guy!!!Very historical!!!.....don't worry Errogie I'll not turn into a stalker!!!!

Ha,next time ye ll be knackered for a glimmer of light, if its in october, I let ma hair grow & I wear a hat as the nights get colder[lol]

Shine on!!! Cedric

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Jul-06, 15:11
Ha,next time ye ll be knackered for a glimmer of light, if its in october, I let ma hair grow & I wear a hat as the nights get colder[lol]

Shine on!!! Cedric

Yer hair grows!!!!

Wits that song thats going through ma heid just now......

Oh aye,"Promised you a miracle.",by Simple Minds.

Ah gave up in that miracle years ago!!!!:~(