PDA

View Full Version : more about...........parcel delivery

poppett
21-Jul-10, 22:24
Last week I had dealings with an electronics firm based in England. The goods were received the following day from Royal Mail. I phoned to praise the company as had expected to have at least a week to wait. Whilst on the phone I placed a further order, to be despatched the same day. Days passed, so I phoned to be told they have both RM and courier uplifs and my second parcel had gone with the latter, but should have arrived within three working days.

Phoned today and was told the parcel was in Inverness and the friendly girl gave me the depot phone number and the tracking number to follow it up. When the phone was eventually answered the lady I spoke to said......."Well you do live in the Highlands and Islands and have to expect to wait for us to have enough parcels to trek away up there."

Well I know where I live, but didn`t realise my wee parcel was going to have a grand tour before arrival. It could have been to America and back the time it has taken, and as it is in the hands of "FED-EX" there is every possibility it has been.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:roll:

Fluff
21-Jul-10, 22:26
giveth with one hand, taketh with the other lol!

annthracks
22-Jul-10, 14:29
Indeed, I had a parcel come up with HDN and it sat in Snecky for 6 days. Yet stuff from China is usually here in 4-5.

LMS
22-Jul-10, 18:36
Indeed, I had a parcel come up with HDN and it sat in Snecky for 6 days. Yet stuff from China is usually here in 4-5.

I also had a parcel with HDN that sat in Inverness for days on end. Apparently the drivers needed maps?!? My house isn't that hard to find and every other firm manages perfectly ok. It took nearly two weeks to arrive.

I had an earlier parcel from the same source delivered by AJG in two days. Must also mention JMS who provide an excellent service.

Kodiak
22-Jul-10, 23:46
If you order again ask for them to use Royal Mail as they have deliveries to Caithness 6 Days a week. :D

poppett
24-Jul-10, 23:59
You must be mind reading Kodiak. I tried that but unfortunately the parcels are made up and collected at different times of the day by RM and Fed-ex, and goes with whichever collection is made next.

cazmanian_minx
25-Jul-10, 08:41
I'd like to second LMS's praise of AJG. I get regular large deliveries (multiple boxes, up to 500kg at a time) for my shop and AJG always have it with me within 2 working days of it getting to Inverness.

Andil
29-Jul-10, 15:02
I often send a lot of parcels through WPS (http://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk), maybe worth a try in future, Royal Mail is a pain :(

Kodiak
29-Jul-10, 15:56
I often send a lot of parcels through WPS (http://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk), maybe worth a try in future, Royal Mail is a pain :(

I do not agree as I find that Royal Mail give excellent service. I often post Parcels as well and I have never been disappointed with Royal Mail.

The last one I posted was on Tuesday Afternoon about 3pm. I was delivered next Day, Wednesday, just after 9am and that was in Birmingham. It cost just under £4 to post and I think that is superb value for money.

Thurso to Birmingham in about 18 hours and for less than £4, now that has to be good.

EDIT I have just had a look at this WPS Site and they say that they deliver Parcels in the UK from £8.80. Errr I do not think so as that is just too Expensive, I think I will stick with Royal Mail.

baggins
30-Jul-10, 20:00
well we never had any plms with parcels with hdn, an we live in remote area of lyth,we had euan up in all weather. i think its more to do with the driver than the company. an it seems after bumping into him in thurso that they have shifted drivers about,we have not got the parcel weve been waiting for. Seems euan dont do lyth or uo to groats now,but does part of thurso now.Why do they came chopping an changing. i know now why the folks on the west of thurso felt so strong about loosing his services. Must be others that have been affected in this way.

Rictina
30-Jul-10, 20:22
Can't fault royal mail or AJG.

Bazeye
31-Jul-10, 00:54
Theres a moral there. Next time you get good service from someone, dont praise them for it. Its a sign of weakness.

Bazeye
31-Jul-10, 19:11
;)................