PDA

View Full Version : Getting on

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 20:42
Lots of us are not getting any younger- as a family we care for my husband's elderly parents- both in thier 90's. I try to get north to see as much of my own family as I can (i often feel very guilty for leaving Caithness. This means that other family members have had to do much more than I'd have liked)

However a close friend in Aberdeen shire has bought a retirement apartment and she's only just turned 50. She says its because as a single person she will need people around if anything happens to her- and her development is choc a bloc with people her own age- single with no family)

if you were old and frail what kind of care facility would you want- and does Caithness offer what you need at present?

bagpuss
25-Jul-10, 00:25
This thread is a bit quiet- but worth revisiting. South Kensington in London used to be full of hotels where people who were a bit too scared to live alone in their own home took rooms in order to have company- one old chap in the Tudor Court played at being a lift boy all day long. Caberfeidh Court in Wick is a bit like this idea- communal areas etc- but its for single persons only.

What would be your ideatype of company when you're old?