PDA

View Full Version : Banks

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 20:35
Who do you bank with and why?

have the banks been fair in Caithness?

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 20:37
For example- how many people left A&L when they closed the Wick branch?

tiger woods
21-Jul-10, 20:45
Who do you bank with and why?

have the banks been fair in Caithness?
The sperm bank, coz I enjoy it.:lol::lol:

aburns2409
22-Jul-10, 10:20
Hi i used to bank with clydesdale bank in thurso - got on fine - when i got charges if for a good reason they were reversed - cant complain about the thurso service at all - but when i moved to orkney - the nosey staff drove me nuts.... banked with the royal bank in kirkwall - business account - the manager was great .... when i moved south i opened an account with the bank of scotland - and since they have changed there charging system - they are great - i cant complain - the staff in the alness branch are luvly - then when i came to thurso to put money into my account - the lady that served me was so nice - she made my day - tried to help and give me advice on my joint overdraft - and do you know what i would highly reccomend the bank of scotland in thurso - very pleased with the level of customer care....

upolian
22-Jul-10, 10:28
Clydesdale bank,always very helpful polite and no arsing around getting shunted from pillar to post!!

Dadie
22-Jul-10, 10:34
Whats with all the market research bagpuss?
Shopping habits and banks?
Charity shops?

Phill
22-Jul-10, 11:04
I use the HSBC group for the majority of financial services both business & personal. We've been with them for a long while and when they do screw up and I have to go shout at them they listen and do as their ferreting told.

Most other banks put you to a call centre and keep extracting cash from you:
Alliance & Fester in humble grovelling apology for their pathetic woeful abortional under performance of pretending to offer customer service. (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=111462)

pegasus
22-Jul-10, 17:02
we all use the Rothschild banking system which is why we are all in debt while the wroths are the richest people on the planet

a little history into the current banking system is in order:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGSOViaulc

badger
22-Jul-10, 18:29
Been with Lloyds since I was 5 so am looking at setting a world record for customer loyalty. Find the staff up here very helpful and friendly - it's the remote people in head office that cause all the trouble. Nothing better to do than keep changing the rules and waste money with endless letters and leaflets "Important changes to your account", new "Terms and Conditions". I've got better things to do than read them, much too complicated. One of these days I'll miss something important and get caught out and then it'll be my fault. [disgust]