PDA

View Full Version : life

andrew.bowles30
21-Jul-10, 16:55
can you tell me what you do when you have had it with your life the way it is im trying to change it but it seems to just drag on we want to come back to scotland and slow down just a bit running a pub down hear is not much fun anymore i want to get out but im scared of what life holds i carnt just give it all up for nothing :eek::roll:

Hoida
21-Jul-10, 17:21
Trust your instincts. If you are not happy where you are then surely you would be better somewhere that you would be happy. Things always work ou in the end I get the feeling you miss Caithness?:roll:

wicker8
21-Jul-10, 17:26
if your not happy,best thing to do is see why you are not and take it from there ,one door closes another one opens ,i wish you all the best ,lifes too short .:Razz

Rictina
21-Jul-10, 17:45
Just do what make you happy. Sometimes having everything and being unhappy can mean nothing. But having nothing and being happy can mean everything.

andrew.bowles30
21-Jul-10, 20:08
yep your correct but its scarey and as we rent a pub at the moment we have to hold for 6 weeks noice but most of the family wish to go to the collage my eldest for computers next just dontkno but lauren wants to go to the equestrian collage up there so we have to think soon before its to late:roll:

Tugmistress
21-Jul-10, 20:39
I've done it twice!
First time i sold my taxi, moved 200 miles and lived in a tent from the 24th june 1996 til november 16th 1996, then in to a static caravan until the following march and then managed to rent a house in the village where we originally pitched the tent (with landowners permission). We looked for jobs as soon as we arrived and found one within a couple of weeks - anything was an option to get us going.
Second time was when I moved up here, a phone call (after filling in an application form and living 500 miles away) offering me a job to start the next day - i left work that evening, went home, had tea, packed the caravan and set off that night! lived in the caravan from 1st october 2002 til 25th november when we found a house to rent that would take the dogs.

Don't be scared, take the bull by the horns like i did, i have no regrets whatsoever :D

shazzap
21-Jul-10, 20:44
I've done it twice!
First time i sold my taxi, moved 200 miles and lived in a tent from the 24th june 1996 til november 16th 1996, then in to a static caravan until the following march and then managed to rent a house in the village where we originally pitched the tent (with landowners permission). We looked for jobs as soon as we arrived and found one within a couple of weeks - anything was an option to get us going.
Second time was when I moved up here, a phone call (after filling in an application form and living 500 miles away) offering me a job to start the next day - i left work that evening, went home, had tea, packed the caravan and set off that night! lived in the caravan from 1st october 2002 til 25th november when we found a house to rent that would take the dogs.

Don't be scared, take the bull by the horns like i did, i have no regrets whatsoever :D

Couldn't agree more.
I have lived on 2 boats and in a caravan,i follow my instincts every time.

Tugmistress
21-Jul-10, 21:06
oh, forgot to add that the first time it was one day before the neeps fifth birthday!

teenybash
22-Jul-10, 00:12
Best thing to do is....take a deeb breath and jump in at the deepend!!!!!!
Life is way too short to hang about in an unhappy state.
When I took my Big Leap and sailed forth to Scotland and on up and up and up into Caithness and lived in a caravan for a summer outside the derilect cottage I still live in.....Hard work made it wind and water tight and amazingly it was done despite difficulties finding work....go on you can do it. Good luck!!:)

sweetpea
22-Jul-10, 00:38
can you tell me what you do when you have had it with your life the way it is im trying to change it but it seems to just drag on we want to come back to scotland and slow down just a bit running a pub down hear is not much fun anymore i want to get out but im scared of what life holds i carnt just give it all up for nothing :eek::roll:

Try and take a few risks instead of being safe. If you don't like your life,change it!

Rheghead
22-Jul-10, 01:05

Reappraise your most cherished beliefs and values from way back. Question them. Don't be afraid of coming out the other side a completely different person.

We have built our lives on the foundations that were given to us. Some of us were given foundations in sand, others on stone.

Then when you have been completely honest with yourself, look at where you want to go and simply do it.

Aaldtimer
22-Jul-10, 03:08

I the words of a song:-

Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself down,
And start all over again!

And git yersel' some commas and full stops!:confused

EDDIE
22-Jul-10, 07:31
yep your correct but its scarey and as we rent a pub at the moment we have to hold for 6 weeks noice but most of the family wish to go to the collage my eldest for computers next just dontkno but lauren wants to go to the equestrian collage up there so we have to think soon before its to late:roll:

I noticed a "but" in there does all your kids want to move back to caithness or is it just u and your better half?

laguna2
22-Jul-10, 08:08

NHC in Thurso have good computer courses as well as equestrian.

upolian
22-Jul-10, 08:32
Life is what you make it.....

I took a risk start my own business with no financial backing or support from any bank's lender's,big risk to take but it's paid off,i will never look back,THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE

Phill
22-Jul-10, 08:47
Just do it!

pegasus
22-Jul-10, 22:27
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way." :)

They say change is as good as a rest.