PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy

Rheghead
30-Jun-06, 14:25
No it's not a genuine original Subutteo with jumping goalies or an Xbox3, it is a new set of bathroom scales after the old lot died!! Don't laugh, though I am showing my age by getting it:~( . It not only tells me what weight I am in stones, it tells me in kilos as well. That is not the end of it, wait, wait, it tells me my percentage of body fat as well and there's more....Total body water content, muscle mass content, visceral fat (whatever that is), body type I am (as if I didn't already know:roll: ), Metabolic basal rate???, and skeletal mass???

Well, it has a lot of buttons for sure, there is no excuses now for not knowing facts like the old chesnut that I am heavy boned (as if I conned anyone in the first place) and the one about I have changed fat into muscle! LOL.

I've read that I can burn off 450 calories per half hour of vigorous cycling, so I make out that I need to cycle for 2 hours per day to burn off my daily fish supper and tinnies before I can lose weight, oh man, the labours that an adonis (just bursting to get out) has to go through...

crystal
30-Jun-06, 14:29
congrats on gettin your new "toy" hope your excersise goes well:D

canuck
30-Jun-06, 14:30
I sense that you are about to enter the "fanatic" category with your new toy. But "wisdom" will come.

Now if you walked to the org get together tonight, how many calories would you burn? And how many pounds does that equate to? Oops, it seems that your gadget uses kilos.

Margaret M.
30-Jun-06, 22:21
Throw that thing away, Rheghead, as long as your troosers fit, that's all you need to know. :)

Ricco
01-Jul-06, 07:35
Hey, Rheghead. Congrats on your new toy. I want to lose around a stone - how much cycliing do I have to do?:roll:

Errogie
06-Jul-06, 22:59
I've just met someone with one of these new scales who has started to become obsessive about his weight and the state of his body at various times of the day and after various activities.

Beware, you could be on the slippery slope to anorexia or some other unidentified syndrome but keep us informed of what you observe as you head of in that direction so that there is a record left behind for medical science!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Jul-06, 23:08
No it's not a genuine original Subutteo with jumping goalies or an Xbox3, it is a new set of bathroom scales after the old lot died!! Don't laugh, though I am showing my age by getting it:~( . It not only tells me what weight I am in stones, it tells me in kilos as well. That is not the end of it, wait, wait, it tells me my percentage of body fat as well and there's more....Total body water content, muscle mass content, visceral fat (whatever that is), body type I am (as if I didn't already know:roll: ), Metabolic basal rate???, and skeletal mass???

Well, it has a lot of buttons for sure, there is no excuses now for not knowing facts like the old chesnut that I am heavy boned (as if I conned anyone in the first place) and the one about I have changed fat into muscle! LOL.

I've read that I can burn off 450 calories per half hour of vigorous cycling, so I make out that I need to cycle for 2 hours per day to burn off my daily fish supper and tinnies before I can lose weight, oh man, the labours that an adonis (just bursting to get out) has to go through...

Subutteo now that was a game of endurance.Lost more calories flickin' around ma players than most games at the time.Once flooded my pitch by accidentally spilling a 2 ltr bottle of Cresta Lemonade.Solved the problem by sending on ma subs!!!!

porshiepoo
07-Jul-06, 08:48
No it's not a genuine original Subutteo with jumping goalies or an Xbox3, it is a new set of bathroom scales after the old lot died!! Don't laugh, though I am showing my age by getting it:~( . It not only tells me what weight I am in stones, it tells me in kilos as well. That is not the end of it, wait, wait, it tells me my percentage of body fat as well and there's more....Total body water content, muscle mass content, visceral fat (whatever that is), body type I am (as if I didn't already know ), Metabolic basal rate???, and skeletal mass???

Hahahaha, good luck with it Rheghead, I have one very similar!
It got sent to the cupboard for broken items after it kept lying to me though! [lol]

How many calories would a game of subutteo cost ya! lol