PDA

View Full Version : cowboy parcle service

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 17:34
I have been waiting for a delivery from the firm in Scrabster for 6 day's now. It is always coming tomorrow. Please dont use this firm you will be let down. Name to follow.

unicorn
19-Jul-10, 17:42
Sounds like it would be quicker to go and pick it up.

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 17:51
Good idea, unfortunately it's a super king size matters.

dragonfly
19-Jul-10, 17:55
yes our suite lay down in Scrabster for days until we tracked it down

Kodiak
19-Jul-10, 18:48
Which delivery company is this?

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 19:42
Which delivery company is this?

I dont really wish to say but they have a depot in Inverness, & deliver to the Orkneys alot. ;)

Phill
19-Jul-10, 19:50
OH C'MON!

If yer gonna come on here dissin' some outfit an' warnin' us all t'keep away yer gorra name n' shame 'em.

Just tell us who the bone idle dirty theivin' pykey scumbag nogooders are.

:mad:

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 20:27
Put it this way they deliver (NORTHWARDS).

M R
19-Jul-10, 21:11
The fraze ( I've started so i'll finish ) applies here i think :Razz

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 21:51
Put it this way they deliver (NORTHWARDS).

The fraze ( I've started so i'll finish ) applies here i think :Razz

Could the name be in the answer (dont know). It doesnt take a rocket scientist to work that one out, does it?

Dadie
19-Jul-10, 21:57
Northwards... only if they can be bothered:lol:

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 22:00
Northwards... only if they can be bothered:lol:

I take it you know what I mean Dadie ? [lol][lol]

Dadie
19-Jul-10, 22:06
Yes.... and I got a sorry you were out card from them once...and I was in at the time... sneaked it through the letterbox and ran without knocking:eek:
(this was at the old house)
In this house I could understand not hearing the door as if im in the kitchen I cant hear someone knocking just the bell and if im in the livingroom or loo I can hear people knocking but not the bell!

Rictina
19-Jul-10, 23:13
Yes.... and I got a sorry you were out card from them once...and I was in at the time... sneaked it through the letterbox and ran without knocking:eek:
(this was at the old house)
In this house I could understand not hearing the door as if im in the kitchen I cant hear someone knocking just the bell and if im in the livingroom or loo I can hear people knocking but not the bell!

Thats a digracefull game to play isnt, but its sadly one I have heard far too often, they just dont care do they.

Dadie
19-Jul-10, 23:17
Its like chap on the door in reverse!
Then you have to phone...and get a human on the line...only to be told it will be another week between monday to friday 7am-6pm or summat:eek:
Arrgh

LMS
20-Jul-10, 00:44
I found that they delivered very quickly and even phoned to say that they were en-route.

Unfortunately, their drivers legged it too quickly when they delivered here. I was getting a new dining table delivered which was oak and very heavy. The two chaps carried it into the kitchen and proceeded to scarper. I was left with an upside down table and no one to flip it over with me. Being on my own, I had to try and borrow some muscle to get the table upright - not an easy task when the average age of my neighbours is 72.

theone
20-Jul-10, 05:37
I've had heavy deliveries from them a couple of times - no problems and pleasant delivery men.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 12:20
If the company you are refering to is "Northwards". Then i have to say i use them on a regular basis, transporting stuff to and from Caithness to my base in moray. I find it to be and excellent door to door service. Drivers have always called to inform me of times with regard to pick ups and deliveries. I will continue to use them without any hesitation. If you feel so strongly about your complaint then why havent you spoken directly to the company's head office in Lerwick instead of back stabbing behind your keyboard........P.s i can supply the number if you so wish.........:Razz:Razz:Razz

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 12:44
If the company you are referring to is "Northwards". Then i have to say i use them on a regular basis, transporting stuff to and from Caithness to my base in moray. I find it to be and excellent door to door service. Drivers have always called to inform me of times with regard to pick ups and deliveries. I will continue to use them without any hesitation. If you feel so strongly about your complaint then why haven't you spoken directly to the company's head office in Lerwick instead of back stabbing behind your keyboard........P.s i can supply the number if you so wish.........:Razz:Razz:Razz

Oh dear, the content of your reply is simply your opinion. I do not consider expressing my own opinion to be backstabbing from behind my keyboard. If you prefer come see me and I will say it again to your face.

Your grammer has been corrected.

WICKER10
20-Jul-10, 13:01
We have used Northwards a few times and never had any problems with them or there drivers most helpful at all times.
We had" Paraffin Dan" out here to drop off last week and Not a more helpful driver could you get and very pleasent
If you have a problem you should in the First place contact there Head Office in Lerwick before coming on here .
If you feel you must run down a local company that give employment to local men in Caithness it is better to come on here with all the true facts and not bits of a Story.
You could be dealing with some of the South Companies who just Dump there stuff in Inverness for the likes of Northwards AJG etc to do the final Drop so perhaps it is Not Northwards that are at Fault.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:06
Well i do class it as backstabbing. you dont know what is happening and why they havent delivered to you and then you come on here and leave messages saying the are cowboys. yes we have a right to our own views and opinions but not to slag ppl of and to slander a company why not just contact there head office and raise your grievance like any normal person would do ......

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 13:08
Well i do class it as backstabbing. you dont know what is happening and why they havent delivered to you and then you come on here and leave messages saying the are cowboys. yes we have a right to our own views and opinions but not to slag ppl of and to slander a company why not just contact there head office and raise your grievance like any normal person would do ......
You sound like you are on the payroll of this company!!

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:15
no i can assure you im not on the payroll for this company, i work in the leisure industry and am a regular customer. I don,t think its fair that one person can come on to a web page and diss a company without any proof and it makes you wonder if they have a rival company and are trying to boost there own buisnesss.

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 13:27
People are entitled to express their opinions via this forum. Their experiences with this company have not been good and they feel the need to say so and this is right. You also have the right to express your opinion regarding this company, but don't tell people they are wrong just because you haven't fallen foul to their poor service. Your time will come if you use them often enough!!

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 13:33
We have used Northwards a few times and never had any problems with them or there drivers most helpful at all times.
We had" Paraffin Dan" out here to drop off last week and Not a more helpful driver could you get and very pleasent
If you have a problem you should in the First place contact there Head Office in Lerwick before coming on here .
If you feel you must run down a local company that give employment to local men in Caithness it is better to come on here with all the true facts and not bits of a Story.
You could be dealing with some of the South Companies who just Dump there stuff in Inverness for the likes of Northwards AJG etc to do the final Drop so perhaps it is Not Northwards that are at Fault.

I do understand about local workers needing a job, and I have no issues with them, they no doubt do a good job. It maybe that the management structure needs to be looked at. Often a depot manager is expected to carry out his or her duties with a shortage of workforce or equipment.

I am not, nor ever have I complained about any individual member of the firm in question. My comments are directed towards poor service provided by the firm in dealing with my delivery. Obviously not every one as had the same experience, good for you. But I am not alone in what I say,

Could please elaborate on your comments regarding and I quote. ( to come on here with all the true facts and not bit's of a Story ). Do you know something I do not, or are you an employee of this firm.

With regard to AJG personally I have never had a problem with then or their drivers. My preferred choice every time.

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 13:35

Can you prove slander, if not I suggest you crawl back into your hole before you get out of you depth.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:36
welll in four years i have never had a problem with this company and yes i agree we have the right to our own opinion but i disagree with lies and only telling half a story. How do we know the full story after reading there threads its not the first time since moving to the area that they have complained about deliveries and as another memeber has stated this is not just a discussion this does reflect on the ppl in the area and the employment. How would you feel if this comapny closed the doors and you had to pay double the price for deliveries and had to wait twice as long?

Invisible
20-Jul-10, 13:36
you dont know what is happening and why they havent delivered to you and then you come on here and leave messages saying the are cowboys. yes we have a right to our own views and opinions but not to slag ppl of and to slander a company why not just contact there head office and raise your grievance like any normal person would do ......

your not from around here are ya and I take it you haven't been on the org for very long just have a look at the recomendations sections

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 13:37
People are entitled to express their opinions via this forum. Their experiences with this company have not been good and they feel the need to say so and this is right. You also have the right to express your opinion regarding this company, but don't tell people they are wrong just because you haven't fallen foul to their poor service. Your time will come if you use them often enough!!

My thoughts Exactly.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:39
Can you prove slander, if not I suggest you crawl back into your hole before you get out of you depth.
i dont need to prove it u did that on your own. Out my depth i dont think so. Now who said this is a discussion board ?? So i wont be going back into any "HOLE"

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:41
your not from around here are ya and I take it you haven't been on the org for very long just have a look at the recomendations sections
i will have a look at it ty. No im not from around there but have been working up there a very long time and my husband and children are all from caithness.

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 13:44
welll in four years i have never had a problem with this company and yes i agree we have the right to our own opinion but i disagree with lies and only telling half a story. How do we know the full story after reading there threads its not the first time since moving to the area that they have complained about deliveries and as another memeber has stated this is not just a discussion this does reflect on the ppl in the area and the employment. How would you feel if this comapny closed the doors and you had to pay double the price for deliveries and had to wait twice as long?
Still sound as if you're on the payroll, or perhaps someone close to you is!!

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 13:45
i dont need to prove it u did that on your own. Out my depth i dont think so. Now who said this is a discussion board ?? So i wont be going back into any "HOLE"

[lol] [lol] [lol] do you mean ARSE ""

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:46
[lol] [lol] [lol]
i think you need to grow up and put ur dummy back in we are having a discussion like adults without the faces....

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 13:51
[lol] [lol] [lol] do you mean ARSE ""
if you show the aggression to delivery companys that you are showing here then perhaps that is why you are having problems with all these companys you have been complaing about in your short stay in Caithness..

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 13:57
if you show the aggression to delivery companys that you are showing here then perhaps that is why you are having problems with all these companys you have been complaing about in your short stay in Caithness..

What make you think it is a short stay in Caithness?

WICKER10
20-Jul-10, 14:00
What make you think it is a short stay in Caithness?
You have only been here a few months and was in Inverness before that according to your own posts on here

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 14:06
This thread was started to highlight a problem that I was having with a delivery firm, be they local or National.
It has turned into a slanging match, maybe as a defence by employee's I dont know.

Therefore I am OUT.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 14:07
You have only been here a few months and was in Inverness before that according to your own posts on here
EXACTLY ty wicker

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 14:10
This thread was started to highlight a problem that I was having with a delivery firm, be they local or National.
It has turned into a slanging match, maybe as a defence by employee's I dont know.

Therefore I am OUT.
Well maybe on that point you should of never of named the company and as far as i can see the only person i see who was turning it into a slaggin match was YOU

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 14:16
Well maybe on that point you should of never of named the company and as far as i can see the only person i see who was turning it into a slaggin match was YOU
Your spelling and grammar is atrocious, as is your point of view.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 14:18

Ty very much but im not looking for a spelling test only typing and chatting........And yes its my point of view !!

macbreeza
20-Jul-10, 14:41
Calm down people, if I was waiting for something that was sitting in Scrabster I would be a bit peed off too! Why shouldn't a company not be named and shamed if it fails to do what you pay it to do??

Shabbychic
20-Jul-10, 15:21
I suggest you crawl back into your hole before you get out of you depth.

Look, I don't even know this company you are all on about, whether they are good, bad or ugly, but I do think that both of the above posts are totally out of order. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, but resorting to the above is really childish.

I don't have a problem with naming a company that have given you bad service, in fact I'm seriously thinking of doing that myself soon, but surely as adults, we should be able to put our points of view forward without having a go at someone we disagree with in such a silly manner.

♫ ♪ Schools out for Summer ♪ ♫

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 15:50
Look, I don't even know this company you are all on about, whether they are good, bad or ugly, but I do think that both of the above posts are totally out of order. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, but resorting to the above is really childish.

I don't have a problem with naming a company that have given you bad service, in fact I'm seriously thinking of doing that myself soon, but surely as adults, we should be able to put our points of view forward without having a go at someone we disagree with in such a silly manner.

♫ ♪ Schools out for Summer ♪ ♫
Someone who attack others for expressing their point of view deserves to be pulled up for being semi illiterate. People with extreme views leave themselves wide open for criticism.
You may wish to have a pop at me, that's your choice, don't bleat about it if I choose to fight back.

Shabbychic
20-Jul-10, 16:25
Someone who attack others for expressing their point of view deserves to be pulled up for being semi illiterate. People with extreme views leave themselves wide open for criticism.
You may wish to have a pop at me, that's your choice, don't bleat about it if I choose to fight back.

Wow, you really have a way with words. :eek:

What an attutude. :confused

I bleat no more. ;)

♪ ♫ Schools's out Completely ♫ ♪

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 16:31
Wow, you really have a way with words. :eek:

What an attutude. :confused

I bleat no more. ;)

♪ ♫ Schools's out Completely ♫ ♪
Job done then.

Shabbychic
20-Jul-10, 16:34
Job done then.

Which job would that be?

Duncansby
20-Jul-10, 16:37

Pot and kettle springs to mind

DeHaviLand
20-Jul-10, 16:41
Woohoo, this is turning into one of those threads you'll be sorry you missed once it gets pulled! Anyone want me to hold their jacket?:roll:

Shabbychic
20-Jul-10, 16:43
Woohoo, this is turning into one of those threads you'll be sorry you missed once it gets pulled! Anyone want me to hold their jacket?:roll:

Yea, will you hold my fleece?:D

Rictina
20-Jul-10, 17:00
Yea, will you hold my fleece?:D

You may not have time to take it off my friend.

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 17:10
Pot and kettle springs to mind
Thing is, I can take it. I will fight my corner and you wont here me bleating about it. Fight fire with fire is all I say.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 17:49
i can take it as well u wish to slag me off then carry on you dont know any thing about me....like me and many others put up with ppl like you all the time and the word springs to mind every time...ppl can have a debate without being aggressive or nasty..i have always taught my children who are from caithnesss that but i think i might be wrong....

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 17:55
i can take it as well u wish to slag me off then carry on you dont know any thing about me....like me and many others put up with ppl like you all the time and the word bully springs to mind every time...ppl can have a debate without being aggressive or nasty..i have always taught my children who are from caithnesss that but i think i might be wrong....

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 17:55
i can take it as well u wish to slag me off then carry on you dont know any thing about me....like me and many others put up with ppl like you all the time and the word springs to mind every time...ppl can have a debate without being aggressive or nasty..i have always taught my children who are from caithnesss that but i think i might be wrong....
Dry yer eyes!!!!:(:(

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 17:56
So good you had to say it twice.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 17:57
aye i did....

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 17:59
aye i did....
Bet you wish you hadn't though.

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 18:01
to be honest nae bothered if ur picking on me ur nae picking on any one else are u, so crack at it......

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 18:12
to be honest nae bothered if ur picking on me ur nae picking on any one else are u, so crack at it......
Okay then!!

scottishlass0210
20-Jul-10, 18:18
wow u must be proud of ursel, pat on the back for you

tiger woods
20-Jul-10, 18:46
wow u must be proud of ursel, pat on the back for you
You're beginning to bore me with this. I'm off to have my tea, maybe you'll think of something with a little substance to say by the time I get back. Ta ta 4 now.

Bazeye
20-Jul-10, 20:14
Shouldnt it be semi literate?

dragonfly
20-Jul-10, 20:30
just to say that my experience of this company is the same as Rictina's. It was well over a week that our item was lying down in Scrabster and at no time did this company attempt to make contact with us to arrange delivery, we had to contact them.

maybe we were unlucky in our experience but I doubt I would be recommending them.

no slander, no lies, only my experience

Tugmistress
20-Jul-10, 20:46
As an EX northwards employee i thought i would add my two penneth worth.......
SOMETIMES stuff arrives at the depot in inverness and is not shipped up to scrabster for over a week.
SOMETIMES no paperwork will arrive with the goods and hence no contact number address etc.
SOMETIMES only part of a consignment arrives and they wait until it is all there before delivery.

These are just a couple of reasons things CAN be delayed.

The scrabster depot does not cover just wick and thurso, they also deliver as far afield as lairg, kinlochbervie and all along the north and west coast to nearly as far south as ullapool.

I know that recently there has been a shortage of drivers and though i have offered to help out the offer has been refused (and no i wasn't sacked i left of my own accord).

MsF
20-Jul-10, 22:13
Ah yes, ex Northwards hgv1 driver myself, worked 7 days a week for peanuts, no overtime rates at all not even on sat or sun just a straight rate for every hour worked AND expected to drop everything i was doing when THEY needed something doing. Used to run out of Aberdeen for them and would work there at weekends too on my straight rate of pay which was £9.62 an hour alongside the Seacargo guys which they have to hire in? They seem quite happy to pay these guys time and a half and also double time but wont pay their own staff these rates!!! i wonder why? Told them where to stick the job after 8 years!!! ok i dont like changing jobs BUT sod it enough is enough.
Moved here,got married,started own business and happy as a pig among s**t
Oh by the way i do believe some of these guys were on £22-£24 an hour double time on a sunday, also they could put in a 4 hour call out charge on a sunday, do 1 hour if they were lucky but get paid for 4 hours double timew[evil] whereas i merely got paid by the hour at £9.62 and do the same work[evil] methinks there is something wrong there? or am i just stupid for being ripped off for so long. As for the Inverness store, forget it, the manager there is very very helpful, BUT he is forever put down by the management in Shetland[evil] Very pissed off ex employee, BUT anybody wants to check up on these figures please feel free.